• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The God-King Reigns, Baby

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I love the idea, but Sheamus looks so different BlackGAF
88B6Wny.png

Sunny wants to discriminate against Black Sheamuses

Recall

The only bad pay per views they put on all year were the Rumble and Battleground.

This is the selective remembering I'm not fond of with the internet and wrestling. The TV product stank (Still does) yet 6 months later it's deemed it wasn't so bad after all? There was so much hate geared towards everything going on the time and rightly so but if you were enjoying it then you clearly were part of a quiet minority.

Didn't Ambrose lose to a hologram?

Hindsight and wrestling mix oddly.

Toki767

I kind of figure that typically every year, creative spends 24/7 for 3 months out of the year to make the buildup to Mania not completely suck. And this year, they maybe figured they'd save the effort for after Mania.

Maybe Wyatt should just turn face for a while or something.
If nothign else it would let them sell kid sized fedoras and Tommy Bahama shirts to little fat boys.

I have no problem with Taker going over, but the finish should have been something that put Wyatt over as a badass/psycho, like him passing out in Hell's Gate, laughing his ass off as blood pours from his mouth.

Given the entrants in the Sting match, I wasn't expecting much. I figured it was going to be overbooked, and it was fun seeing the surprise people show up and run in. The bad things were Shawn failing to measure the super kick properly and coming up way short, and the hand shake.

The hand shake didn't make sense. Triple H just had to cheat to beat Sting. He couldn't put him away one on one. He couldn't put him away with his buddies all showing up to help him. He couldn't put him away after Shawn 'landed' a super kick. He only put him away after hitting him in the face with a sledgehammer.

So why the fuck would Sting shake his hand? I get that Hunter cheats to win and acts like he's the best wrestler, but I don't get why Sting would shake his hand within kayfabe.

Given that Trips came out later to be all like 'LAWL I BEAT THAT STUPID STING GUY' the show of mutual respect should have happened backstage with the cameras off.

Only because they took everything about his gimmick and trashed it. He has a ton of potential, and jobbing to Taker was shitty. Again.... dude works one day a year.

Do we know how long Bray is likely to be out with his injury? The answer to that question could absolutely shadow how I feel about Taker going over him cleanly.

Toki767

Given the entrants in the Sting match, I wasn't expecting much. I figured it was going to be overbooked, and it was fun seeing the surprise people show up and run in. The bad things were Shawn failing to measure the super kick properly and coming up way short, and the hand shake.

The hand shake didn't make sense. Triple H just had to cheat to beat Sting. He couldn't put him away one on one. He couldn't put him away with his buddies all showing up to help him. He couldn't put him away after Shawn 'landed' a super kick. He only put him away after hitting him in the face with a sledgehammer.

So why the fuck would Sting shake his hand? I get that Hunter cheats to win and acts like he's the best wrestler, but I don't get why Sting would shake his hand within kayfabe.

Given that Trips came out later to be all like 'LAWL I BEAT THAT STUPID STING GUY' the show of mutual respect should have happened backstage with the cameras off.

It was a pure nostalgia match. Commentary basically sold it as a nostalgia match. Therefore it didn't really matter who won (unless you're Vince and HHH) as the match got a ton of nostalgia pops.

This was basically a match that was catered to every lapsed fan since WCW died. But yeah, even live, most people in the stadium were confused as hell that Sting lost lol

I enjoyed wrestlemania was better than expected
- battle royal nothing out of the norm loved the miz/mizdow angle and was okay with show winning now get out .
- ic ladder match nothing too crazy pretty good. Winner should have been Ambrose or zigs but I see why they gave it to bryan Vince didn't want three more hours of Internet marks shitting on how it's the worst mania ever.
- Orton/ Rollins good match with smooth transitions . That hang time .
- divas match not too bad
- sting trips not bad Monday night wars all over again . Vince really can't put his ego aside . I don't understand why sting agreed to sign just for that?
- bray taker was pretty good only reason I think they beat didn't win as I think it would have taken away from Brock's win last year.
- cena wins lol
- main event sold well . I see lesnar getting his rematch clause and killing Rollins but somehow Rollins retaining . I'm not sure where Brock goes from here if he doesn't regain the title .

Recall

I stand by HHH vs Sting being a good match that you only ever have to see once. It was about the spectacle and posturing rather than the contest but you only need to see that once. Sting should have won or at least the handshake rejected, hell the winner offering the handshake is the part that bothered me the most about the entire thing.

They've needed to take Bray off TV for months after the Cena feud. It's the modern issue with WWE. 'EVERYBODY ALWAYS NEEDS TO BE ON TV!' No. No they don't.

Is that the same brand that sponsors Zack Sabre? Weird.

And Adam Cole, Mastiff and Devitt, yeah. (And Gail Kim, weirdly.)

Mahonay

Banned
I stand by HHH vs Sting being a good match that you only ever have to see once. It was about the spectacle and posturing rather than the contest but you only need to see that once. Sting should have won or at least the handshake rejected, hell the winner offering the handshake is the part that bothered me the most about the entire thing.
The whole thing just turned into a legends showcase and I'm pretty ok with that.

I thought the match dragged in several spots but it wasn't bad by any means.

Wait.. .Bray has an injury? Hell he hardly wrestles now. What type of injury is it?

Reportedly did something to his ankle shortly before Mania and was going to work through it last night. Hopefully nothing too serious and hopefully he won't be out for long if at all, but if he's going to be gone for a few months probably better to have him disappear after a loss rather than a win.

I am thinking that Taker will work a few more events this year. In fact, I am thinking that he may job to Wyatt at a later date (maybe next pay per view).... In other words... I think Taker struck a deal so he could win at mania.

Mahonay

Banned
I am thinking that Taker will work a few more events this year. In fact, I am thinking that he may job to Wyatt at a later date (maybe next pay per view).... In other words... I think Taker struck a deal so he could win at mania.
He looks fit enough to work more dates. So hopefully.

Vee_One

Just finished watching it. Still need to collect my thoughts but enjoyed it immensely.

Couldn't care less about Sting losing - he looked far too old for it and I feel that HHH carried the match. Deathlock looked woeful. Maybe I wasn't feeling the match and should rewatch it. I was surprised that he didn't win but I expected a good match which we didn't receive.

Marked out hard at the end. That main event was perfect. Congratulations to Seth Rollins.

EDIT: Thoroughly enjoyed the opening Tag match.

He may work a little more (frankly I think he needs to for the Mania feuds to mean something now) but I don't think Taker has to negotiate for a Mania win, haha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How much catch-up jobbing is Rusev going to be doing this next month after Cena popped that cherry?
Reigns-Rusev-gif-001.gif

That's a given.
Show-Rusev-gifs-001_001.gif

Sheamus will definitely return and get revenge. Maybe one of the Usos and Swagger as well.

Top Bottom