• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEYMENYEH

ianlaughnbuv8.gif

strobogo

Banned
What the hell happened to JR lately?

Turns out that when given the chance to be himself, he's a weirdo pervy possibly racist kind of a dick head Oklahoman who seems to hate wrestling fans, especially those with any kind of internet connection. Even though he's now getting paid to do online columns and a podcast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, reading The Squared Circle and I just read the part where Kerry was basically the dumb jock (Which SHOWS when he cuts a promo) and the fact that he had his foot amputated because he prematurely put weight on it, seemed like a more dodgier investment since you know he has to work with a prosthetic foot. Thus the intense pain Kerry went through and his addiction to painkillers and other shit also.

Kevin just seemed like the more articulate, better looking (accept for the bare feet, fuck dude really?) star in my opinion. Especially with that heavy Texan accent. Now I'm reading it was decided through a coin toss? Geeze talk about how such a little thing could've changed wrestling history.

Kerry was definitely better looking. We're talkin a war of words here brother! His big horse face was sexy for the time. Kevin was always kind of a weenie-type. But yeah, the foot thing he sure as hell managed to make it work. I watched all his Texas Tornado stuff when I was a kid and NEVER noticed. Amazing physique.

Pavaloo

Not just that, he apparently doesn't discuss his booking concerns with those that matter and instead goes on social media and bitches. I sympathize, but how would your boss feel if he found out you did the same instead of coming to him?

And it's been said by many that Vince hates people that whine about stuff instead of doing something about it. Ryder has never taken it up with Vince about how he is treated, he does passive-aggressive "woe is me" tweets that come off as pathetic instead of sympathetic, which is the opposite of getting on Vince's good side.
FOR REAL
this "he got over on his own and they can't allow that" crap is suuuch bullshit
the dude is a passive-aggressive baby who wears trunks that say "PUSH ME" instead of talking to his boss
Cena/Bray will be a good match simply because Bray will carry Cena. But the ending is totally going to be more CENA WINS LOL. The end of their segment on Raw totally gave that away to me since they're again doing the 'stack the odds against Cena' shit again.
Has it? Cena beat Harper and Luke consecutively for the last few weeks, he only got ambushed on this previous Raw.
what a babe

Xater

Seriously I would have never expect Steve Austin to be such a way better podcaster than JR. He is actually a good interviewer because he is having a conversation and not just asking random questions.

Pavaloo

How? That's exactly what happened
The posts I quoted explain it pretty accurately, but again:

I believe he got shit tanked for
1)being a bad performer
2)whining on the internet
3)whining on his shorts
4)he's a big baby^^

Ziggler got over, they turned him face. They didn't bury him because he got himself over, it was because the dude is reportedly hard as fuck to work with backstage. Bryan got over on his own look where he is. Austin did it. Rock did it. etc.

It's not "exactly what happened" at all, it's a load of fucking shit

TL21xx

Banned
I have a proposition. Seeing as Daniel Bryan is powered by a "movement" of misguided fans, I will require a "movement" of 15 misguided NeoGAF users to agree to my stipulations for the avatar bet to be valid.

Heel's bet: Daniel Bryan will not hold the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at the conclusion of the Monday Night RAW following WrestleMania XXX.

If I'm right, I will use the avatar of your choosing until Daniel Bryan loses the championship.

If I'm wrong, you will use the avatar of my choosing until Daniel Bryan wins the championship.

You have 24 hours.

You know what, screw it, I'm jumping on board with this. As little faith as I have in the WWE to give the belt to Daniel and still have it at the end of the greatest wrestling event of the year, RAW After Mania™, I'll take the chance to see the egg on your face, brother jack dude!

UberTag

I now have a renewed understanding as to why Ross and Lawler had such great chemistry on commentary.
Seems wrestling isn't the only common interest they share.

Also, why are you guys changing the avatar bet rules all of a sudden? That's not what I signed up for.

Zach

From Stro's review yesterday it sure sounds like Beach Blast 92 is an A show. Great American Bash 92 would be as well. earlier 90s were fun for WWF, (like 90 and 91) but that's around when WCW -really- hit its stride, right after. So you're in for a good time.

If you liked GAB89 you'll like WCW 1992. I'm not sure I'd give any Golden Era WWE shows As, but I really enjoy WM6 and 7. And Royal Rumble 1991. Rockers/Orient Express, a fun Barb/Boss Man, the Rumble itself. It's a good show.

Good, good.

strobogo

Banned
Kerry was definitely better looking. We're talkin a war of words here brother! His big horse face was sexy for the time. Kevin was always kind of a weenie-type. But yeah, the foot thing he sure as hell managed to make it work. I watched all his Texas Tornado stuff when I was a kid and NEVER noticed. Amazing physique.

I think the general feeling has always been that David was the best, Kevin was second best, and Kerry was third best, but Kerry was better looking and less opinionated than Kevin.

Ironically, during the Attitude Era, all those fans were okay with King making those types of remarks. I am shocked that JR is making more creepy remarks. But I guess that was his TV character that was the straightman.

If you mean making it work, you mean a career-ending drug addiction, then it did wonders.

A coin-flip though! Maybe the fact that Kevin is still alive sort of changes my perception of him a little bit. I'm saying this as someone who barely seen any of his solo matches. Fuck it, they should've just given Michael Hayes the title. Fantasy Booking the 80's! gotta love it.

That World Class DVD they put out a few years back is incredible. Having never heard of the promotion and really just stumbled upon it on Netflix on a Friday night for whatever reason got me HOOKED. I got to get me a copy someday.

Xater

Ironically, during the Attitude Era, all those fans were okay with King making those types of remarks. I am shocked that JR is making more creepy remarks. But I guess that was his TV character that was the straightman.

Different times, also I was a teenager and didn't know any better.

strobogo

Banned
You know what the best part of Terry Gordy in WCW was (besides knocking the shit out of people)? He didn't get bogged down having to carry Michael Hayes even though Hayes was in the company at the time.

Sokantish

I think what's more ironic is people have said just as perverted stuff in this thread and they don't get that angry

Maybe it has more to do with seeing that someone they thought was a good dude is really just a typical neogaf poster

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you mean making it work, you mean a career-ending drug addiction, then it did wonders.

A coin-flip though! Maybe the fact that Kevin is still alive sort of changes my perception of him a little bit. I'm saying this as someone who barely seen any of his solo matches. Fuck it, they should've just given Michael Hayes the title. Fantasy Booking the 80's! gotta love it.

That World Class DVD they put out a few years back is incredible. Having never heard of the promotion and really just stumbled upon it on Netflix on a Friday night for whatever reason got me HOOKED. I got to get me a copy someday.

It's pretty good. There were two WCCW docs out there, the WWE one being one of them. I have the other but never watched it. Depressing though, as you'd imagine.

I think what's more ironic is people have said just as perverted stuff in this thread and they don't get that angry

Maybe it has more to do with seeing that someone they thought was a good dude is really just a typical neogaf poster

Nah. Give me a chance to interview Lita or probably any of us, and we're not gonna be creeps about it. It's totally different. This isn't JR talking on some message board.

It's pretty good. There were two WCCW docs out there, the WWE one being one of them. I have the other but never watched it. Depressing though, as you'd imagine.

Nah. Give me a chance to interview Lita or probably any of us, and we're not gonna be creeps about it. It's totally different. This isn't JR talking on some message board.

Those tears were real when they listed all the deaths. No internet by my side so every death was news to me and I got bummed the fuck out. Enthralling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those tears were real when they listed all the deaths. No internet by my side so every death was news to me and I got bummed the fuck out. Enthralling.

And it just kept going. cycle of misery. I still see tweets from Kevin showing pics of his land, when he misses his brothers, just sad stuff. It's sad forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just wanna have a sit down conversation with Gary Hart, wonder what he's up to?

FUCK

Gary's alive. He's a great dude, man, probably my favorite manager of all time. I used to love Heenan as a manager until I got turned onto Hart's work. He's hands down the best, best, BEST manager.

It doesn't make him not a slimeball.

Between this and the way he carries himself on Legends, JR has completely lost the respect I used to have for him. I remember being so pissed when he started getting pulled from announcing duties, but Vince pulling him off tv really made all of us not see that he's now just a lost old dude who the world has passed by.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not according to Wikipedia. And they'd usually edit those deaths fast.

I can't even express how bummed out I am. I can't even. For some reason I was following what I thought was Hart on FB because he would sometimes post old Hart footage and for some reason I thought it was him. I'm really bad remembering who's passed on. This is supremely depressing. :(

Pavaloo

Between this and the way he carries himself on Legends, JR has completely lost the respect I used to have for him. I remember being so pissed when he started getting pulled from announcing duties, but Vince pulling him off tv really made all of us not see that he's now just a lost old dude who the world has passed by.

JR got over on his own so they had to get rid of him

I can't even express how bummed out I am. I can't even. For some reason I was following what I thought was Hart on FB because he would sometimes post old Hart footage and for some reason I thought it was him. I'm really bad remembering who's passed on. This is supremely depressing. :(

At least Michael Hayes never made a tribute video of him. Yet.

alstein

Watch X-Pac before he was famous (way before) in the GWF against Chaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Q1jRXGqwg

Used to watch GWF when I was a kid, this shit takes me back. I thought Chaz had it all, he was going to be THE star of the next generation.

The Lightning Kid era is why I never really shat on X-Pac- he was so good back then.

BTW for the Gary Hart discussion earlier- Gary did put out a book about his life in Wrestling before his death. I rate him higher than Bobby Heenan.

Heel

Oh snap! It's happening friend Heel!

Chamber
LP
Dr Duncan Steel
Infinite Ammo
Sblargh
TL21xx

You all are worthy of my handshake.

I think the RAW dynamic of this bet makes it all the more interesting. There is a slim possibility that Bryan wins or loses the title at RAW because of some "screwjob" angle or contractual agreement with Batista being met.

Chamber
LP
Dr Duncan Steel
Infinite Ammo
Sblargh
TL21xx

You all are worthy of my handshake.

I think the RAW dynamic of this bet makes it all the more interesting. There is a slim possibility that Bryan wins or loses the title at RAW because of some "screwjob" angle or contractual agreement with Batista being met.

I also said I was in you son of a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom