• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The quality of discussion he brings has that "Plywood Touch" that is unmistakable.

Q3F1By7.jpg
2q25m09.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure. Seems like regular JR to me. I have not watched all the episodes though.

When you're looking for it, it sticks out like a sore thumb. DDP got IN HIS ASS though, it was glorious.

XenoRaven

At the risk of sounding like a creeper myself, I feel there is a world of difference between looking at pics of a female wrestler and telling her how many people must have masturbated to those pics.

I find it to be a ridiculous comparison. You can enjoy a woman's body and still remain tactful on your internet talk show that thousands of people will listen to.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At the risk of sounding like a creeper myself, I feel there is a world of difference between looking at pics of a female wrestler and telling her how many people must have masturbated to those pics.

I find it to be a ridiculous comparison. You can enjoy a woman's body and still remain tactful on your internet talk show that thousands of people will listen to.

How are we supposed to fight each other when you say sensible things like this that I agree with?

XenoRaven may turn out to be the best tag team partner I can ever team with.

Rapstah

A lot of people involved with wrestling are dicks. 20 years ago, the vast majority of people involved with wrestling were dicks.

I wish these Legends of Wrestling round-tables would have better guests, or more appropriate guests. Not sure if I want to see Jim Ross, Pat Patterson & Michael Hayes talking about hardcore wrestling :|

They need to do more of these, especially territory specific ones - I'd LOVE a Mid-South one with Bill Watts, JR, Magnum & DiBiase.

Surprisingly, I had an alright time watching that. Better than expected.

Your 1 Letter Reviews are very refreshing!

---

Entirely unrelated, I've just watched the 2 Raws where Vince McMahon's 'Kiss My Ass Club' started. Can't believe that ever happened, it hasn't aged well at all - not his ass, but the segments and ideas.

strobogo

Banned
When you're looking for it, it sticks out like a sore thumb. DDP got IN HIS ASS though, it was glorious.

The really ridiculous part of his argument was that he considered LT to be a great usage of a celebrity (a retired football player MAIN EVENTING WRESTLEMANIA) but would not admit to there being anything good about Rodman and Malone (two popular current sports stars who just came off an emotionally charged NBA Finals). Even though it was one of WCW's biggest buyrates ever. And the whole point that everyone was making was basically, if it gets attention and draws money, then the use of a celebrity is worth it. So Rodman/Malone do both and JR just won't accept it because WCW did it. I liked his reaction when DDP told him that Arquette gave his pay check to Pillman's wife. He still wanted to shit all over it, but knew now he would sound like a prick, so he just kind of half heartedly stopped.

Sokantish

I wish these Legends of Wrestling round-tables would have better guests, or more appropriate guests. Not sure if I want to see Jim Ross, Pat Patterson & Michael Hayes talking about hardcore wrestling :|

They need to do more of these, especially territory specific ones - I'd LOVE a Mid-South one with Bill Watts, JR, Magnum & DiBiase.

Have they said if they're going to start making them again? Or did they ever stop? I never knew about these until the WWE network

strobogo

Banned

There definitely was at least one with Bill Watts. I don't remember the topic. It might have been Mid South specific, or it might have been one on Texas.

There is also the point that dude is doing a legitimate interview for a legitimate pay check (in other words, that pay check is a LEGIT 6'3) and is saying really weird shit that is pretty inappropriate by any standards, but especially by the standards of a professional interview of a former co worker.

Watch this video and then try and scrub the mental image it produces from your brains;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFy3JAjvFl0

Have they said if they're going to start making them again? Or did they ever stop? I never knew about these until the WWE network

They've done 15 of them so far, no idea when the last one was made or if they're still making them, etc. I really enjoy watching them though, even if I'd prefer different guests, so I'd love to see more.

Sokantish

Yeah I saw that, I was wondering if the renewed interest from the Network would maybe get them to make it a more than one and done type of thing

Chamber
LP
Dr Duncan Steel
Infinite Ammo
Sblargh
TL21xx

You all are worthy of my handshake.

I think the RAW dynamic of this bet makes it all the more interesting. There is a slim possibility that Bryan wins or loses the title at RAW because of some "screwjob" angle or contractual agreement with Batista being met.

If only this Mac supported Gifcam. It would've been Daniel (or me) rejecting the fuck out of that handshake.

So, you're admitting that Daniel's taking the title at Mania correct?

Whaaaat? :(

I mean, JR was no "childhood hero" of mine growing up, but hearing JR being a dick like that is pretty hard to take.

bean breath should dig your old AJ posts again.

All the faux outrage that JR is getting is hilarious considering this thread in general, and the specific posters that are so deeply offended by this.

I'm not even defending JR, he sounds like an asshole, but a little perspective is nice, friends.

strobogo

Banned
Watch this video and then try and scrub the mental image it produces from your brains;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFy3JAjvFl0

They've done 15 of them so far, no idea when the last one was made or if they're still making them, etc. I really enjoy watching them though, even if I'd prefer different guests, so I'd love to see more.

I don't know about Hart, but I have zero issue believing that Corny would pay $300 to get pissed on and not even have sex with the woman.

Bowser

Chamber
LP
Dr Duncan Steel
Infinite Ammo
Sblargh
TL21xx

I think the RAW dynamic of this bet makes it all the more interesting. There is a slim possibility that Bryan wins or loses the title at RAW because of some "screwjob" angle or contractual agreement with Batista being met.

Fuck it, I'll throw my hat in the ring as well. I don't have any huge connection to my avi at the moment.

I'm shocked people are pissed about Jim Ross, lol. He knows who he's talking to. Lita fucking got naked and had sex with Edge in the middle of the ring on Raw. He knows she's cool with all the perv talk.
Listen to Jericho's show with Lita. Aside from the ratings, she isn't exactly proud of that moment.

Sblargh

Banned
Chamber
LP
Dr Duncan Steel
Infinite Ammo
Sblargh
TL21xx

I bet it's not even a real handshake.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

All the faux outrage that JR is getting is hilarious considering this thread in general, and the specific posters that are so deeply offended by this.

I'm not even defending JR, he sounds like an asshole, but a little perspective is nice, friends.
Let's hear some names friendo!

bean breath taking the anti-JR stance is surprising to me for some reason
As in how good the person is at "pro wrestling," or their gimmicks are shit?

For example, the first person I thought of was David Otunga. Can't work, doesn't have a gimmick outside of Mr. Halle Berry, hasn't been entertaining since he was John Laurinitis's sidekick in the People Power era, hasn't been on TV in ages.
Mr. Jennifer Hudson. WrassleGAF is just so racist sometimes

Heel

If only this Mac supported Gifcam. It would've been Daniel (or me) rejecting the fuck out of that handshake.
I bet it's not even a real handshake.

taterouseymjkeo.gif

So, you're admitting that Daniel's taking the title at Mania correct?

HHH and Stephanie are carrying Daniel Bryan through an angle to give him some shine. HHH will put him over clean as a whistle, propelling him into the main event. This is only a good-will gesture on behalf of WWE, in order to give Daniel Bryan fans some hope and to keep them from whining and chanting in a Bryanless main event. That is until the last possible moment, when Batista wins.

After that, who knows what could happen. I actually think I'm giving up a lot by including RAW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We aren't sticking up for Lita, we are sticking JR down. He can stick it, brother.

I wouldn't say I'm outraged, it's just a hard show to listen to without having to pause it every few minutes to cringe.

Spindashing saying he wants to suck on AJ's earlobes doesn't bother me. If he went to Wizard World and asked if he could rub his dick in her hair during the Q & A, I would have to pause the YouTube clip at that point and cringe.

See the difference?

jred2k

There is also the point that dude is doing a legitimate interview for a legitimate pay check (in other words, that pay check is a LEGIT 6'3) and is saying really weird shit that is pretty inappropriate by any standards, but especially by the standards of a professional interview of a former co worker.

I haven't listened to the show(JR is a complete bore when left to his own devices), but is there no way he wasn't just joking around with her. I guess her tone and reactions would tell the story, but they have worked with each other for a lot of years. It's quite possible that he what would and wouldn't be ok with her. Wrestling is a weird industry to try and push the standards of normal co-worker interaction on to.

Former WWF fans that have "graduated" to UFC are just the worst.

I can't wait for this MMA fad to be over just like pogs, yo-yos, and roller blading before it.

I wouldn't say I'm outraged, it's just a hard show to listen to without having to pause it every few minutes to cringe.

Spindashing saying he wants to suck on AJ's earlobes doesn't bother me. If he went to Wizard World and asked if he could rub his dick in her hair during the Q & A, I would have to pause the YouTube clip at that point and cringe.

See the difference?

dick in hair gets you off while earlobes do nothing for you?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Former WWF fans that have "graduated" to UFC are just the worst.

I can't wait for this MMA fad to be over just like pogs, yo-yos, and roller blading before it.

For once, I can actually say that I agree with bean breath.

MMA is cool and all, but comparing it to wrestling is just plain dumb. I won't deny that there is crossover in fans, but saying that wrestling sucks because MMA is better is like comparing Basketball to Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom