• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Punk probably had some degree of creative control over his shirts, which is why they weren't horrible - Bryan might have the same sort of control, but he's never had good t-shirts, even when he was producing his own. I mean, look at this shit;

Just keep it simple. The new, red "YES" shirt I think does it just fine.

jred2k

Agreed I like off the cuff asshole JR.

I think he was pretty bothered by the whole fiasco around that panel at SummerSlam. Some of his exception for Internet fans definitely comes from everyone assuming he was drunk when he was showing symptoms of his palsy.

Now he has a way to make money separate from the WWE so he can say whatever he wants that won't piss of Fox Sports.

Punk probably had some degree of creative control over his shirts, which is why they weren't horrible - Bryan might have the same sort of control, but he's never had good t-shirts, even when he was producing his own. I mean, look at this shit;

Considering he is a hippy who wants to live in the dirt when he retires, I doubt he's the kind of person that would put much thought behind the look of his merchandise. It's still no excuse for a complete lack of taste, however.

darkbanjo

Listening to Colt's podcast reminded me of the fringe festival. I'm thinking I may hit that up on my trip.

Super recommend hitting the fringe. Partially recommend Colt's show if he does it again this year. Being a fringe show part of the room were just there to see any fringe show and it made the atmosphere kind of... weird. Brendon Burns didn't really hold up his end either, it's weird that a great comedian who loves wrestling could seem out of his element doing a comedy show about wrestling.

If WWE had made this Daniel Bryan shirt I would've bought gladly bought it, but instead some guy/gal on RedBubble made it;

http://www.redbubble.com/people/growcold/works/11120034-dvniel-bryvn-raw-ist-krieg

IC8DSRe.jpg

Pavaloo

The angle with Cena, Eve, and Kane was simply bad WWE writing. Whether it was Vince's call or his cue to give to the writers to make something entertaining, it stunk.

His complaints and snide remarks came when he was already off TV and doing nothing. There's two things he could be doing: act like a whiny person and do what he does now, or he could just be JTG, collect a paycheck and do nothing whatsoever. Fact is, they never had any plans to do anything with him after him and Hawkins broke up as a team. They likely only had plans for him as a fodder talent with no personality or gimmick. He wanted something more, got a new gimmick and made something of it, and they trashed it. I don't care one way or another about the guy, but it felt like they acted as if they were ambushed by him and wanted to prove a point.

Everyone gets a bad angle, it's your opportunity to 1) make it work or 2) shine so at least they can say, it wasn't him that was bad in the angle. It's not even the bad writing man, his bad performing of it. Writing says last week your left leg was injured so you walk in with crutches, but instead Zack on his crutches comes in limping on both legs, switching between the two intermittently and botching the whole thing. I felt, they realized the guy wasn't ready for the opportunity they gave him so they left him out of it. Maybe similar to what happened to Alex Riley, but then again I hear ARye had backstage beef.

You're wrong though, there's a third thing he can do: stop tweeting about or making youtube videos and instead going to the people in charge on voicing his complaints. Tell them how he feels he can be used. Show them the vlog before hand and purpose it as a series to run randomly on the WWE network? Instead of releasing, hoping it gathers attention so the people upstairs notice.

jmdajr

So Sabotage is at 28% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Safe to say this is the most violent film Schwarzenegger has ever been a part of, although it's not nearly as torturous as Jingle All the Way.

This gives me hope that is is actually awesome.

jred2k

So Sabotage is at 28% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Safe to say this is the most violent film Schwarzenegger has ever been a part of, although it's not nearly as torturous as Jingle All the Way.

This gives me hope that is is actually awesome.

What is Arnold's best reviewed movie not directed by James Cameron?

Xater

Pumping Iron 96%

Total Recall 84%

Predator 78%

Conan 77%

Rottentomatoes is terrible for old films. Bet this looks way different if we go by IMDB rating.

Edit: Yep, I'm right. If we go by IMDB it's Predator, Total Recall and then Pumping Iron.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pumping Iron is a fantastic movie, must-see.

I'm sure you'll all just assume I like it because of massels though.

jmdajr

Rottentomatoes is terrible for old films. Bet this looks way different if we go by IMDB rating.

Edit: Yep, I'm right. If we go by IMDB it's Predator, Total Recall and then Pumping Iron.

IMDB about same

Total Recall 7.5

Predator 7.9

Conan 6.9

Oh god this interview I'm watching of Kerry Von Erich after the cage match with Flair when Hayes smashed his head with the door and he has the most directionless, unarticulated, southern, mic skills I have ever seen and I mean that in the most endearing way possible. I'm laughing so hard at this.

DMczaf

My favorite part of the Wrestlemania Roundtable is everyone making fun of Pat Patterson for always finding a way to get on the show to get dat peydey dadday. Goin to dah peywindah dadday!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sly has better bad movies than Arnold.

Cliffhanger, Cobra, Over The Top, Judge Dredd, all entertaining even when corny and bad.
Arnold bad movies are just boring.

Opinions and all that but I thought Zack was by far the most entertaining part of that stupid angle.

#rememberryder

The Embrace the Hate angle might be one of my favourite crap angles.
Ryder's weekly burials are hilarious, wheeled off the stage, failing to change the car tyre for like 20 minutes and just generally getting his arse kicked culminating in Cena and Eve shattering his heart with that amazing slow pan camera reveal to Zack in the wheelchair.
Kane is on full on cheesy monster form, backstage creeper Kane in full force, the portal to "hell" in the middle of the ring and rambling hate embracin' promos, it's almost cartoon villainy. Plus the early camera botch when he's preparing for the ambulance part with Eve.
Then there's Cena our tireless hero killing time before once in a lifetime who must now overcome the odds of hate itself. All the hallmark Cena tropes are in here, stupid facial expressions, teased heel turn potential that will never materialise, leeching off of Ryder and having his career fall off a cliff afterwards and of course in the end he wins decisively.
Also Eve, she looks good to me, she's got everything I want, everything I need etc.

Through Hell and Hoeskis it was truly a classic awful angle and I love it.

xIXmo.gif

F2y1X.gif

Mc8HM.gif

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
My favorite part of the Wrestlemania Roundtable is everyone making fun of Pat Patterson for always finding a way to get on the show to get dat peydey dadday. Goin to dah peywindah dadday!

I literally finished watching that exact video an hour ago.

That really was the best part.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roundtable would be 100 times better if Captain Lou was still alive.

His off-script promos are hilarious, and I've heard some crazy stories. Get him, Dutch, pre-stroke Heenan, and maybe Nash and I'd watch every roundtable 6 or 7 times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-stroke Heenan would have made Legends of Wrestling Roundtable into god-tier entertainment. And Gorilla? My god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom