• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last night at the Insane Championship Wrestling show Still Smokin', a match for the Zero-G Championship was supposed to take place between champion Mark Coffey and Solar. Mark Coffey informed everybody that Solar was too injured for the match to take place and made an open challenge to anybody on the roster. Prince Devitt (who was unannounced for the event) answered the challenge and beat Coffey to become the new ICW Zero-G Champion.

After the match, Devitt went on the microphone to inform everybody that there have been a lot of rumors about him recently, and whether he was going to WWE or TNA, but announced that he is now going to be a regular member of the ICW Roster.

So it would currently seem to appear that Devitt will be returning to the UK when his time in Japan comes to an end. Whether it's for a short while before moving on to bigger things elsewhere or a more permanent decision is unknown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kPEcTWV_9I

Kaladin

Last night at the Insane Championship Wrestling show Still Smokin', a match for the Zero-G Championship was supposed to take place between champion Mark Coffey and Solar. Mark Coffey informed everybody that Solar was too injured for the match to take place and made an open challenge to anybody on the roster. Prince Devitt (who was unannounced for the event) answered the challenge and beat Coffey to become the new ICW Zero-G Champion.

After the match, Devitt went on the microphone to inform everybody that there have been a lot of rumors about him recently, and whether he was going to WWE or TNA, but announced that he is now going to be a regular member of the ICW Roster.

So it would currently seem to appear that Devitt will be returning to the UK when his time in Japan comes to an end. Whether it's for a short while before moving on to bigger things elsewhere or a more permanent decision is unknown.

That's actually kind of a bummer.

Vylash

Total Divas is the best solely because of Summer shooting on Natalya every week

"I wanna do more than being Divas champ once in 6 years" OWNED

The worst panel would be 100% company guys. At least Flair and JR will reveal seedy shit.

Worst Panel:

Cole
Cena
Kofi
Miz
Big Show

But honestly if they were let go of the dog chains, it could easily be also the greatest panel. All seem like chill motherfuckers and would genuinely share amazing stories. But yeah corporate speak all the way from these guys which would suck.

DMczaf

But honestly if they were let go of the dog chains, it could easily be also the greatest panel. All seem like chill motherfuckers and would genuinely share amazing stories. But yeah corporate speak all the way from these guys which would suck.

I can already hear all of their talking points in my head. I'm already annoyed.

Fucking Miz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legends of Wrestling Roundtable: Tough Guys II

The Miz
John Morrison
Dave Batista
Goldberg

Host: John Stossel

That's actually kind of a bummer.

Not really. The direct quote;

"There's a lot of rumours going around about Prince Devitt...whether he's going to TNA or WWE. Well, he's right here in ICW."

He's most likely just killing time between finishing up with New Japan and heading to Florida, as it'll probably take a while for them to sort out his work visa and give him his start date at the Performance Center. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in a bunch of UK/Eire indies in April and May at least.

Ahaha, are there actually rumors about the bolded? That would be the worst career move ever.

He was backstage at a TNA taping in Ireland, so I guess that's where those rumours started - iirc, he said in an interview that TNA made him an offer, but he politely turned them down, lol.

DMczaf

Miz doesn't belong with that group. He actually has an accomplished WWE career.

tumblr_mxvk4rCXnC1szpzofo1_500.gif

Ithil

That sounds more like he's putting over a local indie while he finishes with New Japan and finalizes his deal with WWE.

Penguin

Seems Batista gets it

"For some reason I think people thought that I didn’t like Daniel Bryan or I had this personal thing. I said a comment, I had one comment about him when he first won the world heavyweight championship and I was like, I was in shock and I said, “Okay.” Because I just didn’t get it. The reason I didn’t get it because it was too soon and that’s my personal opinion. I felt it was way too soon and they did that constantly over and over. I thought they, they just slap the title on people like, way too fast. It’s like, I think sometimes that they used the title, I might get a little grief for saying it, sometimes I think they use the title to get guys over. I thought it just, they did it, it was premature. I never had a problem with him being you know, World Heavyweight Champion, I just thought that they did it way too fast.

"I love Bray Wyatt. I love him. I love that whole gimmick, that whole Wyatt Family gimmick, but Bray I think he’s gonna be a huge star. I get caught up in this guy, man. When I watch him he’s one of those guys. He’s another guy, I mean he doesn’t look like a stud. He’s not a statue of a man, but he is athletic as you can get, that kid can move man. He is agile, he is a stud man. That kid is as an athlete. He gets when he cuts a promo, you just get sucked in man. He is hypnotizing. When I talk to him like personal, on a personal level, he’s one of those kids who’s not afraid to learn, he has no ego. He’s still learning and he knows he’s still learning and he’s not afraid to ask questions, and I think that’s why he’s going to be so good. Cause he’s this good right now and he still wants to learn. I love the whole Shield gimmick, everyone’s real focused on Roman, and I think he’s definitely going to be a huge star, but Dean Ambrose to me, he’s the star of that."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legends of Wrestling: Best Technicians

The Miz
Lex Luger
Psycho Sid
Nailz

Host: John Cena

Oh, surely there's worse. Lex was serviceable. Sid was...not

Nailz didn't get a chance to truly shine. Surely there's a better one though.

somedevil

That sounds more like he's putting over a local indie while he finishes with New Japan and finalizes his deal with WWE.

Yeah, what was he going to say to the fans hey I won this belt to and while holding this title I will negotiate with the WWE. IWC has an Event on April 27 and one on May 4 so he will drop on either of those two dates.

Some News:

- In case you missed it earlier, WWE announced in their Network press release that Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Los Matadores vs. Cesaro and Jack Swagger vs. The Usos for the WWE Tag Team Titles will take place on the WrestleMania XXX pre-show. It will air exclusively on the WWE Network.

So either the battle royal is going long or they have another match in mind.

charsace

Most likely because WWE doesn't want to pay him a million dollars a year and probably wouldn't let him continue working with Armani.

Mojo shows what good booking and the WWE being behind a guy can do. I really don't understand why people cheer for him when he sucks.

Ithil

Yeah, what was he going to say to the fans hey I won this belt to and while holding this title I will negotiate with the WWE. IWC has an Event on April 27 and one on May 4 so he will drop on either of those two dates.

Some News:

Cesaro stuck on the pre-show? Bleh. I hope by WM 31 he's in one of the main events of the card.

Hasney

Seems dumb. Get the battle royal is going long as they have a few storyline going into it, but it'd just be in the pre-show if it didn't have an ugly statue for the winner.

who gets the full entrance at the battle royal and who's getting the jobber entrances?

locks for jobber entrance

Kofi
Brodus Clay

non jobber entrance
Big Shoe
Rhodes Brothers

Kaladin

Mojo shows what good booking and the WWE being behind a guy can do. I really don't understand why people cheer for him when he sucks.

Mojo is kind of the shining example of "we're going to put a guy out there who is super hype, and the crowd will cheer for him because he is hype." You might have seen it on indie shows when the no-name guys come out early, but because they're babyfaces and cheering, the crowd cheers them. Well, that's Mojo's gimmick. He's super hype, and the crowd is super hype from him and that kind of gimmick usually can get a guy over despite his in ring abilities.

I think WWE might be seeing that it works well with a live crowd, but not necessarily with a national TV audience.

Ithil

who gets the full entrance at the battle royal and who's getting the jobber entrances?

Kofi
Brodus Clay

non jobber entrance
Big Shoe
Rhodes Brothers

Everyone but Big Show, Ziggler, Sheamus, Del Rio and the Rhodes Brothers. Maybe Henry. Even then, no one is getting past halfway down the ramp without the next entrance starting.

zychi

Banned

Some News:

i wouldnt be surpised if hhh loses to dbry. then dbry wins the title, then hhh comes out and takes the title from dbry in a third "match" giving hhh is wm moment

somedevil

Most likely because WWE doesn't want to pay him a million dollars a year and probably wouldn't let him continue working with Armani.

I doubt he making that much. Also, he put over the fed never said he is working for them in his speech.

I find if funny people think he is going to work for ICW while not being contracted to New Japan or any major company. According to Meltzer people in New Japan for a month believe he is bailing to the WWE.

i wouldnt be surpised if hhh loses to dbry. then dbry wins the title, then hhh comes out and takes the title from dbry in a third "match" giving hhh is wm moment

If were doing fantasy booking you forgot the time needed to fight off the riot after that match.

Sephzilla

Kofi
Brodus Clay

non jobber entrance
Big Shoe
Rhodes Brothers

I'd put money on Show getting a full entrance since this is the "LOVE HIM LIKE YOU LOVED ANDRE" Battle Royal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom