• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did Kizarny never make it to a WWE PPV? Did a search on the Network and:

hNXalfo.png

Oh new page? Well then look at this idiot:
L8JzQzR.jpg

Vylash

I know everyone hates CJ Parker, but I think he'd make a great douchebag hippie environmentalist heel. Have him steal signs and cups and stuff from fans at ringside and recycle them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've talked enough about wrestling to make up for this ot post.

Why is it that only Obsidian, GSC, Nintendo, Rockstar, and freaking Swery know how to build a world in an 'open world' type game but no one else does? Even Deadly Premonition has people on schedules and lets you get to know certain people. GTA has painful attention to detail.

I love games like Infamous and Sleeping Dogs, but people on the streets don't do shit. There's no life. All of its just 'well, it's nice to look at,' but it's not engaging at all. You don't immerse yourself because no one fucking does anything outside of missions.

BHZ Mayor

You're right about JJ, but according to pwtorch (are they even legit? just came upon it during a google search) Billy Gunn was supposed to be the mystery driver that ran over Stone Cold. However, he was such a dick backstage, that spot was given to Rikishi instead.

That probably would have made more sense being someone directly affiliated with Triple H, instead of

A) Heel Rikishi, and
B) A half-baked race angle that ended up being retconned as Triple H masterminding it anyway.

I feel like Triple H should have been the mastermind from the get go. Austin was run over chasing him and (storywise) it was clearly a plot to get Austin of the title picture, of which Triple H was champion of at the time.

Sokantish

Why is it that only Obsidian, GSC, Nintendo, Rockstar, and freaking Swery know how to build a world in an 'open world' type game but no one else does? Even Deadly Premonition has people on schedules and lets you get to know certain people. GTA has painful attention to detail.

I love games like Infamous and Sleeping Dogs, but people on the streets don't do shit. There's no life. All of its just 'well, it's nice to look at,' but it's not engaging at all. You don't immerse yourself because no one fucking does anything outside of missions.

Dragon's Dogma kind of does it well I think, does it not really count as open world?

Aiii

So not worth it
So I understand why Kojima wanted a proper actor to do the face recognition stuff, but boy he was stupid to not bring back Hayter to do the voice of Snake.

At the very least include his voice for those that want it and have Kiefer do his version of Snake for the newbies that don't know the original.

Fist group of games are boring to play but have goo welds

Second group are more about gameplay than world . (I thought sleeping dogs had. A good world )

Sokantish

I'm like MGS SUPERFAN and I love David Hayter but I'm not really bothered at all about them changing voice actors. Is it because I'm so much of a MGS fan that they can do no wrong? Who knows!

Keifer could help Kojima make Hollywood connections and also boost how MGS is looked at by most gamers.

Personally I think the series is on it's way out quality wise, at least with Snake, although it might be a good move.

The mega franchise is the way of the future.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm like MGS SUPERFAN and I love David Hayter but I'm not really bothered at all about them changing voice actors. Is it because I'm so much of a MGS fan that they can do no wrong? Who knows!
Mind you, Kiefer isn't bad as Snake.

It's just that everytime he says something I unusually think "that's not Snake"

You don't just change the actor after seventeen years. :(

strobogo

Banned
So I understand why Kojima wanted a proper actor to do the face recognition stuff, but boy he was stupid to not bring back Hayter to do the voice of Snake.

At the very least include his voice for those that want it and have Kiefer do his version of Snake for the newbies that don't know the original.

Yeah, I have no problems with Kiefer in Ground Zeroes. Maybe it will be more noticeable once he's doing cut scene heavy stuff in TPP, but as it is, he sounds pretty much like Big Boss if he quit smoking for a year.

You haven't talked enough about wrestling to make this post.

Where might I see more footage of the four best rookies in the business?

Here was the previous segment in the match, where Ronda Rousey got Bazsler in the off-the-top-rope flying armbar...

http://instagram.com/p/ldiXNTBEYa/

Rowsey, Duke, Shafir, and Bazsler have been posting 4Horsewomen stuff for a while now on twitter/instagram. But apparently they are putting this "match" together and will release it in little snippets from time-to-time.

If I was booking WWE, I'd have them in town for Wrestlemania like yesterday.

Zach

Yeah, I have no problems with Kiefer in Ground Zeroes. Maybe it will be more noticeable once he's doing cut scene heavy stuff in TPP, but as it is, he sounds pretty much like Big Boss if he quit smoking for a year.

I'm fine with Kiefer as Big Boss as long as a) he takes it seriously and does a good job (it's hard to judge based off of the little we've heard) and b) David Hayter is Solid Snake in The Phantom Pain. Make it happen, Kojima. Let's lead right into remakes of the original Metal Gears.

And I really like this whole pro wrestling/Metal Gear crossover fandom. Pretty funny. I guess wrasslin' fans are just open to suspending disbelief and jumping from the serious to the zany at the drop of a hat, yeah?

strobogo

Banned
Taker should go all the way bald and go with more of a full beard. He looks too weird. And I think he should go full white beard with it. Now he has that weird ass Nash Just For Men beard thing going.

Rapstah

Bret Hart's Q&A tour sounds great from the reports. The absolute opposite of what Mick Foley's Q&A/comedy tour sounds like it was a couple of years ago.

strobogo

Banned
They are trying to get Reigns ready for a singles run that's why. The problem is that he is green and he has looked bad in all his singles matches.

He's only had 2 that weren't against Bryan. Dude can't get better if he isn't having singles matches. He needs to be exclusively in singles matches on house shows.

Rapstah

They are trying to get Reigns ready for a singles run that's why. The problem is that he is green and he has looked bad in all his singles matches.

I can't remember his CM Punk match (which he won) but I also can't remember outrage about it being really bad. I mean, he's clearly not beyond being carried to a good match with someone good. He also clearly can't have a good match against another guy in the same category, like Bray Wyatt.

or John Cena

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Here was the previous segment in the match, where Ronda Rousey got Bazsler in the off-the-top-rope flying armbar...

Rowsey, Duke, Shafir, and Bazsler have been posting 4Horsewomen stuff for a while now on twitter/instagram. But apparently they are putting this "match" together and will release it in little snippets from time-to-time.

Putting the divas to shame 10-15 seconds at a time, nice.

It'd make more sense next year. They'll be in CA, Rousey is from CA. Even though Santa Clara and Santa Monica aren't exactly close, it still makes more sense than rushing into something this year.

Aiii

So not worth it
Putting the divas to shame 10-15 seconds at a time, nice.
That's unlikely. Unless by Divas you mean a couple of them like Cameron or Aksana.

Can't expect these women to be on the level of the top wrestlers in WWE who have been training and working for years.

Rapstah

Rapstah, the Bray Wyatt vs Cena match will be good!
I hope

I imagine they're aware enough of the limitations of both guys that they'll find a way to get around it. The ending of the match needs some kind of mess no matter who's winning so they could just book the whole thing to lead up to that.

That's unlikely. Unless by Divas you mean a couple of them like Cameron or Aksana.

Can't expect these women to be on the level of the top wrestlers in WWE who have been training and working for years.

Thank you for this.

Nothing makes for a more terrible wrestler than a wrestling fan.

strobogo

Banned
Rapstah, the Bray Wyatt vs Cena match will be good!
I hope

I feel like it has a good chance of being MOTN, depending on if the finish shits on the match like most of Cena's best matches. Bray definitely needs to go over and Pat Patterson definitely needs to lay the match out.

HHH/Bryan should be good too as long as it isn't the HHH dominates and Bryan gets a lucky knee OUTTA NOWHERE kind of bullshit. HHH needs to get his ass kicked and Bryan needs to beat him 100% clean. Preferably via tap out.

Ryu751

Banned
Keifer could help Kojima make Hollywood connections and also boost how MGS is looked at by most gamers.

Personally I think the series is on it's way out quality wise, at least with Snake, although it might be a good move.

The mega franchise is the way of the future.

Not on topic here but Buckethead who is your avatar.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Name a diva besides AJ or Emma currently on the RAW roster who can work.

Ithil

I can't remember his CM Punk match (which he won) but I also can't remember outrage about it being really bad. I mean, he's clearly not beyond being carried to a good match with someone good. He also clearly can't have a good match against another guy in the same category, like Bray Wyatt.

or John Cena

He has the basics down, he is fine at selling, bumping, etc. He has problems with pacing, however, and the more pressing issue is that he doesn't really DO much.

Not saying he needs to go full ROH "Movez" mode, but other than his spear, Samoan drop and superman punch, he just does chinlocks and punchkick. The apron dropkick looks great but he needs more interesting moves like that.

I feel like it has a good chance of being MOTN, depending on if the finish shits on the match like most of Cena's best matches. Bray definitely needs to go over and Pat Patterson definitely needs to lay the match out.

HHH/Bryan should be good too as long as it isn't the HHH dominates and Bryan gets a lucky knee OUTTA NOWHERE kind of bullshit. HHH needs to get his ass kicked and Bryan needs to beat him 100% clean. Preferably via tap out.

I think Bray/Cena will be the most dramatic match of the night because it is the least predictable. That'll help its quality greatly. With Taker, you know he's going over. With Bryan, it's a near certainty that he's going over twice. With Cena and Bray, you really just don't know. Logic says Bray should, but WWE typically doesn't follow logic.

Name a diva besides AJ or Emma currently on the RAW roster who can work.

Summer Rae. And Natayla on occasion.

somedevil

If you look at the 8 matches at Wresltemania all the faces are favored to win except in the Battle Royal where I bet Rusev wins.

The Cena and Bray match Bray should win but if Cena has to win I don't want an AA out of the blue to win. I would accept Cena putting Bray in his STF but he doesn't tap but starts laughing like he is crazy and passes out from the pain.

It fits his character and protects him if he has to lose.

Rapstah

Cena has Wyatt in the STF and Wyatt is about to tap out... but he won't let himself! Wyatt puts himself in the Sister Abigail and knocks himself out!

The winner... by Sister Abigail... John Cena!

Cena flips out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom