• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

It's not right, but I can kind of understand an older man from Oklahoma having a hard time with the concept of a transsexual.

It's really a generational thing.

Says you. Vince is a progressive guy.

If you can't separate the theater from the writer, I don't know what to tell you. You don't get upset when there's a neo-Nazi sympathizer in a movie. It's a movie. Wrestling is a play.

If you get video behind closed doors of Vince being a fuck, that's a different story.

He's been the head of a company that, for decades, any time an ethnic wrestler came around the wrestler's gimmick instantly became the most racist stereotype humanly possible.

strobogo

Banned
Wait I missed this video, what happened?

Also if you're in the fucking entertainment industry and you're marketing a product for 8 year olds then "Old Age" is no longer an excuse to a bigoted fucking moron. Grow up or get the fuck out.

JR was telling a story on a radio show of a wrassler getting into a fight with what was probably a transvestite and called the person a he-she, it, and thing. While the radio guys laughed and laughed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Take solace in the fact that Jim Ross would be banned from NeoGAF, cis. Just like that sexist pig Daniel Bryan.

You're right. JR-Free-Zone in here.

Tell me one theatrical reason for Vince McMahon to use the n word. Only a big would think 'yeah that's funny!' He's not producing a drama. He thought using a racial slur would be funny. It's not funny. Just like JR saying heshe isn't funny.

He's playing an out of touch man who thinks he's extreme when he isn't.

It's not right, but I can kind of understand an older man from Oklahoma having a hard time with the concept of a transsexual.

For sure, but still. Still. Those shitty radio hosts.

I dunno, I don't buy the "it's because he's old" thing. I've seen more young people who get legit violent or abusive over it. The worst old people do is make a bigoted comment when they're back home like god intended. But a lot of them get the fuck over it.

Edit: Also yeah about the JR video it's infuriating because I don't know if the person who got punched out was trans or just a crossdresser but JR's comments make it about that anyway.

Ithil

Imagine a world when we've all evolved to become grays with no gender or genitals or we become monoliths.

2464894.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine a world when we've all evolved to become grays with no gender or genitals or we become monoliths.

Little-known Sunnyfact - in high school I had two nicknames, one was Ogre thanks to Revenge of the Nerds, the other was that I was called the Monolith because I dressed all in black all the time (goth life yo) and was 6'5" at 15 and just got a little taller.

I dunno, I don't buy the "it's because he's old" thing. I've seen more young people who get legit violent or abusive over it. The worst old people do is make a bigoted comment when they're back home like god intended. But a lot of them get the fuck over it.

Why do you think young people think it's okay to hold violent regressive attitudes towards LGBT people?

That video about JR being a piece of shit towards trans people still is really bothering me, even daaaaays after having seen it. The fucking laughing radio hosts next to him just strike a chord inside of me that pisses me off even more. So fucking disgusted with JR. Piece of shit. Fuck you JR.

Must have missed this, and Google is being no help. Link?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you think young people think it's okay to hold violent regressive attitudes towards LGBT people?

Well about the old folks, it turns into something where some old people get so goddamned stubborn you can't reason with them, so it turns into a "just let them say stupid shit, this battle is not worth fighting" but yknow. I dunno. I don't have old people in my life, they all died a ways back so I don't get the Grandpa Flower who hates the queers.

Must have missed this, and Google is being no help. Link?

Linked up above somewheres~

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunflower is going to be one of those alien hating regressive old guys, and he won't realize the irony in his elder years

Laserfrog

Monolith is a pretty creative nickname, I approve. I once coloured my nails in with a black felt tip pen and got called a Goth. That's my Goth story, I have no other Goth stories.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower is going to be one of those alien hating regressive old guys, and he won't realize the irony in his elder years

Aliens?
SHoit72.jpg

Monolith is a pretty creative nickname, I approve. I once coloured my nails in with a black felt tip pen and got called a Goth. That's my Goth story, I have no other Goth stories.

We need to get you some Bauhaus albums and fix your hair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm eating Jack Links to support my favorite wrestler, Brock Lesnar
This thread is making me want to listen to some Transgender Dysphoria Blues.

I was very disappointed Laura didn't mean a new direction for that band sound-wise. There will never be another Eternal Cowboy quality album

Their parents or TV shows. Not saying a lot of old people aren't fucked up, I just find "because they're old" to be cop-out.

I misread your first post, sorry I thought you were downplaying old people making fucked up intolerant comments. But yeah, kids feel they have the endorsement to be violent miserable bullies to LGBT people because it is learned from the parents who are miserable bullies to LGBT in a less direct, less personal manner.

This thread is making me want to listen to some Transgender Dysphoria Blues.

Great album and you just reminded me that Against Me! is playing here this weekend, need to pick up some tickets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only on NeoGAF, it seems.

EDIT: I'm not referring to this thread, but am referring to several threads where morons would actually use this defense.

"Guy called someone else a fag? Should be shot dead." kind of stuff eh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If we're talking about people who seem like real POS irl, Booker T seems like a real POS irl. So many bad stories about him and not just the HIUM NOT SHAKE MY HAND thing

strobogo

Banned
image.php

Stro, please remind me of the first few verses of One In A Million, mister PC

You got me there. I won't defend that song or Axl in general. He's a shitbird, no doubt. I'm still watching wrestling shows with JR and not having a problem with it. You have to be selective at who/what you draw the line at because there isn't a book/game/show/movie that doesn't have someone who said or did something really shitty somewhere along the line. Be it an actor, director, producer, camera man, grip, string changer...somewhere in the machine is someone who isn't good.

I say...live...and...let......

live.

SWERVE

Sephzilla

So who's going to put over Ah-nuld tonight on Raw?

And, assuming Ah-nuld is there in person, how many minutes will it take before Cena comes out to leach?

jmdajr

Some dude that comes by every once in awhile told me about his return trip to Vietnam and Thailand.

He was pretty stokes about some ladyboy show he saw. He said well..that it was pretty incredible.

"Guy called someone else a fag? Should be shot dead." kind of stuff eh
Nah, I'm talking about people who would try and turn the bigot claims back on the people who called them out on it in the first place. "Why are you doing all this to me? lolz so ironic that you're being bigoted against me"

Thankfully it hasn't happened all that often recently, but it was a sight to behold in my years here.
I say...live...and...let......

live.

Oh, just like that Paul McCartney song.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I'm talking about people who would try and turn the bigot claims back on the people who called them out on it in the first place. "Why are you doing all this to me? lolz so ironic that you're being bigoted against me"

Thankfully it hasn't happened all that often recently, but it was a sight to behold in my years here.

It's weird to see you mention years here, I still remember when you and Heavy were activated so many years ago :(

it's hard to be a fan of things sometimes

"Oh? I wasn't even talking about race, you brought it up, so you're the REAL racist here!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it's hard to be a fan of things sometimes

"Oh? I wasn't even talking about race, you brought it up, so you're the REAL racist here!"

"Funny how the only person bringing race into this is you"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom