• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Baba and The Destroyer playing golf;

LrDEEY3.jpg

Sephzilla

It's the only one WWE acknowledges since it's the one they had in WWE.

Basically in the history of WWE the nWo timeline is:
nWo forms at Bash at the Beach 1996 -> nWo uses Rey Mysterio as a dart and throws him into a production truck, much to Cody Rhodes dismay -> nWo debuts at No Way Out 2002.

To me it's the only nWo that mattered.

With the Wyatt family getting so over and people chanting "This is awesome" for John Cena getting lambed/crucified, this would be a great time to do an Austin/Bret double turn. Also I was super happy about there being "Let's go Harper" chants rather than just the battling Cena chants.

MichaelJordanLaugh.gif

Bray's going to dominate about 75% of the match, Cena will hit an AA to overcome the ultimate odds, and finally get his WrestleMania moment!

Ithil

Shane McMahon Files $50 Million Complaint Over NYC Home

According to Luxury Living NYC, Shane McMahon and his wife Marissa have filed a complaint with the Supreme Court of New York, against the New York City building in which they live, the building management, and several unnamed construction firms.

The complaint asks that damages, in an amount no less than $50 million, be awarded to the McMahons as a result of water leaks in their penthouse home which have caused the growth of "certain toxic, airborne contaminants." Additionally, the contaminants reportedly gave the McMahons and their three young children severe respiratory ailments.

They were reportedly forced to evacuate their home in May 2012, and due to the building issues, have been unable to return.

Here comes the money

There is no way in hell that they actually need 50 million dollars to fix that.

All this talk of how we're all weirdos just makes me think of that one backstage segment at WM22 where Booker T wanders through a corridor filled with gimmicked wrestlers being generally mad, no wonder he took up the role of King Booker later that same year, you just can't escape the madness.

Thanks for making me recall the image of Snitsky feasting on Mae's foot, man.

Alucard

Banned
TNA also has

Willow
Sam Shaw
Abyss doing a koprate Kane impression
Like 7 guys on the roster

Vince Russo's ghost booking

Willow - a chaotic character we haven't really seen in wrestling before who doesn't care about anything except aggression.

Sam Shaw - a creepy stalker with psychological issues who carries around a mannequin of Christy Hemme and who is a very good actor. He knows his character.

Abyss - given. Abyss is awful right now.

TNA roster off the top of my head
-Bully Ray
-Bobby Roode
-Samoa Joe
-MVP
-Austin Aries
-Magnus
-Gunner
-Storm
-The Bro Mans
-The Wolves
-DJ Z
-Tigre Uno
-Sanada
-Eric Young
-Abyss
-Willow/Jeff Hardy
-Mr. Anderson
-Sam Shaw
-Bobby Lashley
-Rockstar Spud

On the outside, you've also got:
-Kenny King
-Manik
-Knux
-Chris Sabin
-Kurt Angle

And the Knockouts:
-Gail Kim
-Madison Rayne
-Alpha Female
-ODB
-Brittany
-Velvet Sky
-Angelina Love

That's 22 men, potentially 27, and 7 women. Don't need more than that for a 2-hour show.

There is no way in hell that they actually need 50 million dollars to fix that.

When you sue you basically throw out a maximum possible number, so it would be the cost of repairs + any future medical concerns + "distress" or whatever caused by being displaced from their homes for two years.
It's unlikely that they would actually get the 50m or that they even expect to.

Having a 20 minute overrun with 3 hours is ridiculous to me.

TNA creative just seems so bad it's rather copy pop culture or what WWE is doing . Seems so soulless and uninspiring.

Bad influence was the only bright spot Now they're gone

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's crazy is that UFC has over 400 fighters under contract. That's bananas.

Sblargh

Banned
With the Wyatt family getting so over and people chanting "This is awesome" for John Cena getting lambed/crucified, this would be a great time to do an Austin/Bret double turn. Also I was super happy about there being "Let's go Harper" chants rather than just the battling Cena chants.

I repeat that people chanting for Bray fits really nicely into Cena's "people are starting to hear what he has to say" and whatnot.

If they have half a brain, they'll use this as an opportunity to really build a good storyline about an underapreciated hero or something. There's so much potential to this feud, if Cena wins, man, it will go just down the drain.

I want Cena to lose so it can add to his character, I don't think he will turn heel, but I do think they'll actually build the "overcoming the odds" angle so it does look like he is overcoming the odds, if they do it right, they can even do it while reminding people that Cena is a pretty cool guy, look at his battling spirit even as he struggles with the worst year of his career due to a constante Wyatt threat that he can never properly shake off.

Kaladin

This is a question for the long timers here.....

Does anyone remember those WCW Up All Night, or WCW All Nighter shows that aired from like 11pm - 6am and were like Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan or whoever and was done like they were doing an all night sleep over thing?

I'm trying to remember things about them and there isn't much documentation on them online. I think they were yearly, and maybe the one I first saw wrestling on was either 1990 or 1993...but it's hard finding anything about it. Anyone remember those things?

Strobogo? Bootaaay? Anyone?

Anyone?

Alucard

Banned
Having a 20 minute overrun with 3 hours is ridiculous to me.

TNA creative just seems so bad it's rather copy pop culture or what WWE is doing . Seems so soulless and uninspiring.

Bad influence was the only bright spot Now they're gone

Come on, man. That last statement is hyperbole parrotted by people who don't actually pay attention to TNA. There are plenty of bright spots:

-EC3 is entertaining every time he's on screen
-Rockstar Spud is a comedic genius
-The Wolves provide quality wrestling
-Bobby Roode is always great
-MVP is a great micsmith
-Gunner has actually been built into a babyface people care about
-Sanada and Tigre Uno have made an impact in a short amount of time

Sadly, it's the main event scene that has the least heat behind it right now and that's what people are focusing on. But there are plenty of bright spots all over TNA.

Watch it this week. The Gunner/Storm match is supposed to be great based on spoiler reactions to their match.

I found it awkward that they didn't acknowledge Hall's WCW career at all

This. Before the NWO, he was in Championship Wrestling of Florida, Scott Hall in the AWA, Diamond Stud in WCW then Razor Ramon then Scott Hall in WCW, WWE, TNA, etc.

He's being recognized for literally a half decade, lol.

And TNA and WWE are a mess right now for different reasons. WWE is guilty of too much programming (like UFC) which dilutes the programs, matchups, etc. There's too much fluff. Also, they use a push instead of pull model. They push what they want on the fans versus pull what the fans are clamoring for.

TNA is just a mess. Their business model is terrible. Their booking is poor (listen to Dave Meltzer on the LAW on Sunday to get an idea). It's laughable that they thought they could compete with the WWE in 2010. We'll look book and say what were the memorable TNA angles or matches. Besides Angle/Joe, we'll be left scratching our heads. There are diamonds in a rough but the leadership at the company is terrible.

The industry is ripe to have someone take the #2 spot. ROH could if Sinclair Broadcast really pressed with a realistic 10-year plan. AAA and Jarrett company could if they get traction. AAA is dangerous from a demographic perspective. They could draw the Hispanic and hard core demo. And if Jarrett's group launches on CMT and markets itself right, TNA could be in trouble.

Browny

Banned
Hall is going in as Razor Ramon because the E own the marketing rights - they can't ship anything under Hall's actual name (right?).

All about the monies....

jmdajr

"I know that there will be a multi, multi divas title bout in the Super Dome but I missed the concept nor do I know if it's going to be on the PPV or the pre show. I like AJ to prevail at WM30." -JR

So is this like a Hardcore title defense?

DMczaf

"I know that there will be a multi, multi divas title bout in the Super Dome but I missed the concept nor do I know if it's going to be on the PPV or the pre show. I like AJ to prevail at WM30." -JR

So is this like a Hardcore title defense?

The return of the really shitty 15 minute Hardcore battle royal?

WM2000 will never go away.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
:lol
Stone Cold listening to Stephan Bonnar babble on about losing his ass day trading, not taking baths after dirt biking during his bouts with depression, and making a man's face explode in Iceland was very uncomfortable. I was hoping Steve would chime in with a soothing "is that'a shoot?" or "well you ain't gotta get hot about it" but it never happened.
That sounds depressing and yet I think I want to at least hear the Iceland story.

Hasney

Hall is going in as Razor Ramon because the E own the marketing rights - they can't ship anything under Hall's actual name (right?).

All about the monies....

I'm sure they could come to an agreement with Scott to ship some stuff. Either way, what's the biggest Scott Hall money spinner, merch wise? nWo shirt, which they could (and have) sell again.

All about the monies....

They do own the rights to Razor Ramon. But then again, do they own the rights to the Warrior or Hulk Hogan?

It's ridiculous. We know Kevin Nash is Kevin Nash. If he goes into the HOF, are they just going to use Diesel.

And as far as the Divas title match. Just another example of the poor booking/focus of the company. How can you have Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, etc and not be able to develop Divas storylines? Their diva roster is huge and they could easily get interesting story lines across and have 2 Diva matches a show. Like WCW had the luchadores, and they did a decent job of promoting them and highlighting them during their programs.

JBL pokes fun at Dean Ambrose not defending his title. How are you going to clown on your own product?

Browny

Banned
They do own the rights to Razor Ramon. But then again, do they own the rights to the Warrior or Hulk Hogan?

It's ridiculous. We know Kevin Nash is Kevin Nash. If he goes into the HOF, are they just going to use Diesel.

I know that Warrior changed his name to sidestep any issues, and doesn't Hogan own his own rights, pre-WWF?

Nash is on a Legends contract, so I'm guessing merch is factored into the payments he gets (or he waives it to get paid sit on his ass all day).

strobogo

Banned
I know that Warrior changed his name to sidestep any issues, and doesn't Hogan own his own rights, pre-WWF?

Nash is on a Legends contract, so I'm guessing merch is factored into the payments he gets (or he waives it to get paid sit on his ass all day).

Nash deserves to get paid.

iNFgATZS3dGny.gif

ibp5HSzQuTf7YZ.gif

iTPeMT9lzRvkx.gif

Vinnie Vegas 4LYFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom