• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Banned
Nash deserves to get paid.

iTPeMT9lzRvkx.gif

Vinnie Vegas 4LYFE

As a youngster, watching WCW on a Saturday afternoon, I hated Vinnie Vegas - he was a bully. To think of the greatness he'd achieve...

Bryan was on the house shows this past weekend, there is no reason to not have him there for the dark main event when he was advertised all over the place.

Raw64life

Wonder how Scott Hall's situation is different from Ron Simmons. He was Farooq his entire WWE run and then when he went into the HoF he's now Ron Simmons again.

DMczaf

Razor Ramon's theme music is on my list of possible wedding entrance theme musics depending on what my GF lets me do.

Pretty sure they will ALL get rejected.

(The Gangstas "Natural Born Killaz" is on the list)

strobogo

Banned
As a youngster, watching WCW on a Saturday afternoon, I hated Vinnie Vegas - he was a bully. To think of the greatness he'd achieve...

I like to imagine this was the precursor to the gif of him jerking off in one of his shoots that I can't find right now.

Hasney

Razor Ramon's theme music is on my list of possible wedding entrance theme musics depending on what my GF lets me do.

Pretty sure they will ALL get rejected.

(The Gangstas "Natural Born Killaz" is on the list)

You should use the New Jack dubbed theme from the network, it's pretty catchy.

strobogo

Banned
It's fine to have him off the show to sell the beat down from last week, but it is pretty shitty to advertise him and then pull him off the show.

Bandini

Watching the Razor Ramon segment on RAW last night was a bit of a revelation. As a kid, I had no way of knowing how much of his personality was "borrowed" from Scarface. I mean, some of the lines were almost verbatim.

Razor still rules, though.

Browny

Banned
I like to imagine this was the precursor to the gif of him jerking off in one of his shoots that I can't find right now.

There's at least two people in the background giving him the wanker sign...

NASH.gif.html

That won't link at all...

Edit: beaten by Hasney. Beaten to a pulp - like Nash's knees.

wcxb1.gif

Wonder how Scott Hall's situation is different from Ron Simmons. He was Farooq his entire WWE run and then when he went into the HoF he's now Ron Simmons again.

Ron Simmons was a star college athlete, had a memorable title win in WCW, and isn't a near death addict that shot a man in a bar.

With the Wyatt family getting so over and people chanting "This is awesome" for John Cena getting lambed/crucified, this would be a great time to do an Austin/Bret double turn. Also I was super happy about there being "Let's go Harper" chants rather than just the battling Cena chants.
All of that was just NYC fans being cute. Harper got a "you can wrestle" chant while he was on offense. Wyatts are the top heels for sure.

Kaladin

I answered earlier, but I think it was done on the local TBS in Atlanta and not the national, which is why so little about it them have made it online. I don't think they were done in the early 90s, but more around 1997-1999.

Ah...I missed this. I can confirm a 95, as there is a clip online from a 95 showing, and there are mentions of earlier years.

It helps to know that it was local market only though, thanks.

Maybe later years (97 - 99) were national?

Guys, it's so obvious why "Razor Ramon" is getting into the WWE Hall of Fame over "Scott Hall" I'm not sure why we're even debating it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So if they're inducting the character, does that mean that JR's fake Razor Ramon gets to go into the Hall of Fame also?

Watching Hashimoto vs Tenryu from '94 - this is probably the most disgusting sounding kick I've ever heard in wrestling, good god;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00tTck1la_8

Don't piss of Hash.

What was Scott Hall's best match? Not Razor. Scott Hall.

Singles matches? No idea, but in '88 he was in some great 6-man tags with Bob Orton & Dick Murdoch against the likes of Inoki and Sakaguchi in New Japan. Also, his Japanese tour in 2001 where he was supposedly sobering himself up wasn't half bad, some good tags with Norton & Chono, plus, he put over a young Tanahashi before having a so-so match with Mutoh for the Triple Crown.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why was it Hashimoto stepped away? I can't remember.

Why was it Hashimoto stepped away? I can't remember.

He actually got fired - iirc, he was head of the wrestler's union and there had been some irregularities with money. Also, he had proposed to create ZERO1 as an offshoot of New Japan because he didn't like the direction Inoki was heading, but that idea was shot down, so when he was fired he set up ZERO1 on his own.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The strongest impression Hashimoto left me with was the Total War Hashimoto - stiffing Choshu and getting it back for 25 mins. Very boring even though I love Hashimoto.

strobogo

Banned
Ah...I missed this. I can confirm a 95, as there is a clip online from a 95 showing, and there are mentions of earlier years.

It helps to know that it was local market only though, thanks.

Maybe later years (97 - 99) were national?

I don't know for sure that's the case, that's just my assumption based on how little anyone seems to know about them when everything else WCW is taped and can be found online with digging.

jmdajr

I hope say.. 50% of Wrestlemania's budget goes to Triple H's entrance. Last two have left me wanting more. 27 was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom