• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is that castle now?

His girls use it as their bouncy castle.

90% of the Attitude era isn't in yet, there's guys like Michael Hayes (lol), Kevin Nash isn't in yet. Goldberg isn't in yet, nor is Sting or Luger.

Plenty of guys left.

At some point, they'll need to get to Demolition, Undertaker, Vince, Kane, Nash, Lou Thesz, The Rock, Sting, and Triple H. Then you have guys that they would consider, like Thesz, Brody, Ivan Koloff, the Freebirds, The Destroyer, Stan Hansen, Owen Hart, Heyman, Ray Stevens, Vader, Rick Rude, Honky Tonk Man, Dick the Bruiser, the Steiners, Haystacks Calhoun, Midnight Express, Rock & Roll Express, Elizabeth, or Kurt Angle. Then there are guys like Dynamite Kid, Cornette, Zbyszko, and Japanese guys like Mutah or Baba that they should but will never consider.

EDIT: New Paige.
tumblr_myiuip53ts1sx191ko1_500.png

Showaddy

CAN BIG SHOW KO FACE OF FEAR?
What will happen when The World's Largest Athlete battles the enigmatic Bray Wyatt? Find out on SmackDown, this Friday at 8/7!
20140324_EP_LIGHT_sd_bigshow-bray_L.jpg

Oh God why. Who thought this was a good idea?

I could see Taka or Tajiri getting in. Hell Kung Fu Naki could get in due to whatever connections caused him to stay employed for 12 years.

Funaki's a good shout - he still lives in the US and runs his own school, with a few of his guys getting WWE try-outs in the past couple of years, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them induct him, or KAIENTAI as a whole.

Son Of D

I don't even know what kind of match this "Divas Invitational" is meant to be, whether it's a Battle Royal, a Fatal 13 way, or a Fatal 13 Way Elimination. All three are going to be fucking awful. People just rolling out of the ring, everyone staying on the floor outside, or everyone getting pinned by dropkicks and arm drags, that's your three choices.

Remember that Cruiserweight championship match at WM XX? I think it might be like that, but with Divas. 90% of the pins will most likely be roll ups.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Marc will never even sniff a hall of fame.

Unless it's the bowling league from his local hometown hall of fame or something

If they're going to end the streak, it might as well be with some up and coming superstar. In my opinion, he should retire with the streak intact.

strobogo

Banned
If they're going to end the streak, it might as well be with some up and coming superstar. In my opinion, he should retire with the streak intact.

We're in an era where some young guy breaking the streak will just get him career long resentment. Not heat, but resentment. It wouldn't help anyone to break it. The only guy right now I can see not getting the fans turning on him is Bryan.

We're in an era where some young guy breaking the streak will just get him career long resentment. Not heat, but resentment. It wouldn't help anyone to break it. The only guy right now I can see not getting the fans turning on him is Bryan.
I was leading to Bryan breaking the streak, but that would just piss off Wrassle GAF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
even then it should have been this year for Bryan, he won't need it next year.

strobogo

Banned
even then it should have been this year for Bryan, he won't need it next year.

Agreed. There is no reason for anyone to break the streak. I think they did the "Can Taker really handle this anymore" story too early at WM27. Or if they did that at 27, coming back and beating HHH at 28 should have been his last match. To continue after that kind of story is kind of silly to me.

jred2k

I kind og can't get my mind around WM being less than two weeks away. It feels like it needs another few weeks of build to generate interest in any of the matches other than HHH/Bryan. I guess it has become tradition for WM to become a one or two match show at this point.

Is anybody working on an OT? And are we going to reassign WM reviews if there are still some that haven't been completed by then?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The streak is dumb anyways. All it does is make watching matches boring because you already know the ending.

DMczaf

Taker's last match needs to have him winning, but sacrificing his body to the point that it's obviously his last match. They already sorta wasted this angle on triple h though since he just had to lose the battle BUT WIN THE WAR!!!!

I am so pumped about Mania. No one needs to break the streak. First mania in a long time the Undertaker match is 4th in the list of matches I want to see on the show.

Striker

The streak is dumb anyways. All it does is make watching matches boring because you already know the ending.
The build for them is what matters. Both builds with Michaels were good because there was a reason behind them, specifically the second one being a career match. The builds since have been lazy, like banking off Bearer's passing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The streak builds are dumb too though

because it's literally the same thing every year. HE COULDNT DO IT NO ONE ELSE COULD DO IT BUT I CAN DO IT

It's the same feud EVERY year with a different heel.

strobogo

Banned
ie4oGkE3BYYER.gif

Wtf, Vince. Virgil comes out and Vince says "He will be shuckin' and jivin". He also said that Yoko had a catch as catch can style.

Sephzilla

because it's literally the same thing every year. HE COULDNT DO IT NO ONE ELSE COULD DO IT BUT I CAN DO IT

The only person left who can really do that angle with Taker still is Cena.

Sanjuro

Too many whiny individuals. Undertaker matches are still regularly one of the better matches on the card. I'm all set with them removing them to give us more jobber bouts.

I hope Lesnar actually wins just for the shock factor. People would be legit shook.

I still think they should keep the streak going and come up with creative ways of ending the matches, but this wouldn't bother me.

somedevil

Same thing happens on this forum. People complain how people can buy it yet every year people go to WrestleMania to watch his match and chant how awesome it is.

Last year the Punk match was great and every year people get into someone beating the streak when they won't.

Sanjuro

Same thing happens on this forum. People complain how people can buy it yet every year people go to WrestleMania to watch his match and chant how awesome it is.

Last year the Punk match was great and every year people get into someone beating the streak when they won't.

Beating the streak means absolutely nothing to up and coming talent, which is what some people believe this should be reserved for. The way the company works just wouldn't make sense.

X-Wrestler beats the Undertaker!

Here is his push!

Guy is not popular!

Advertised as guy the guy who beat Undertaker on ION Television.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You could easily build up a heel to end the Undertaker and have it worth. 'Resentment' is still heat. Why do you think Vickie got thrown on tv every week? She wasn't a good heel. She was just good at garnering heat because of her voice and repeating the same crap over and over.

A heel could easily come out and say, 'I killed the Undertaker.'

Sanjuro

You could easily build up a heel to end the Undertaker and have it worth. 'Resentment' is still heat. Why do you think Vickie got thrown on tv every week? She wasn't a good heel. She was just good at garnering heat because of her voice and repeating the same crap over and over.

A heel could easily come out and say, 'I killed the Undertaker.'

Everything you stated about Vickie makes a good heel. If you're able to piss off the crowd and get a huge reaction, you're doing something right.

I've heard some people say they think if they want to push Roman Reigns big time, they should have him break the streak. Here's the problem with that: They want him to be a big babyface, even the Cena replacement. That's not going to happen if he's the one to "kill" the Undertaker. No way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched Jesus Camp and it does not mention Zandig not even once.
I feel cheated.
Creepy ass documentary no? Jesus is big business. I want in on some of those dollars.

Sblargh

Banned
Creepy ass documentary no? Jesus is big business. I want in on some of those dollars.

I kind of watched knowing beforehand what it would be like, but yeah, it's still scary. I was prepared for evangelical fanaticism, but the political worship of Bush and conservative talking points I was not ready. You have a group of people who not only take Fox News at face value, but also turn what they say into sacred dogma.

Speaking of documentaries (for some reason is all I watch on Netflix these days), have you seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster? That legit shook me, I thought I was going for "the evils of steroids" and came out of it actually thinking that people are justifiable in their use as long as they do it in a responsible manner and well aware of the potential issues, you know? That was a really good documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom