• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Lita just announced on Twitter that Trish Stratus is inducting her in the Hall of Fame.

https://twitter.com/AmyDumas/status/448509667757797378

To celebrate, enjoy their Bra & Panties Match from the October 23, 2000 edition of Monday Night Raw.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x107sw6_trish-stratus-vs-lita-10-23-2000_sport

Besides getting fucked in the ring by Edge, for some reason when I think of Lita, I think of that angle where her and Chyna just didn't give a fuck on the mic towards their program.

DMczaf

Weird thing about that promo was him mentioning Bryan, when Bryan already beat him.

Not that I wouldn't love Cena/Bryan II but uhhhhh

Did you learn nothing from Cena/Punk?

2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

Penguin

- If the card doesn't change, this will be the WrestleMania with the least singles matches since WrestleMania 2000.

- If Daniel Bryan beats Triple H, this will be the first WrestleMania not main evented by Undertaker, Triple H or John Cena since WrestleMania XIX.

- This is the first time the Divas Championship will be defended at WrestleMania. The last time the Women's Championship was defended was at WrestleMania 23. This is also the first Divas match without celebrity involvement since WrestleMania XXVI.

- For the first time ever, John Cena is neither competing for a championship nor in the main event.

- If you count his Sunday Night Heat match on WrestleMania XIX, this is Kane's 17th WrestleMania match. He has not missed one since debuting in 1997.

- 6 out of the 8 matches scheduled have a 2nd or 3rd generation wrestler participating.

Some of these are interesting.

Some of them are sad (the Taker/Cena/Triple H one)

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/21c2nf/some_wrestlemania_xxx_stats/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kind of watched knowing beforehand what it would be like, but yeah, it's still scary. I was prepared for evangelical fanaticism, but the political worship of Bush and conservative talking points I was not ready. You have a group of people who not only take Fox News at face value, but also turn what they say into sacred dogma.

Speaking of documentaries (for some reason is all I watch on Netflix these days), have you seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster? That legit shook me, I thought I was going for "the evils of steroids" and came out of it actually thinking that people are justifiable in their use as long as they do it in a responsible manner and well aware of the potential issues, you know? That was a really good documentary.
There's a lot of good reasons to use steroids, not all of them vain.

XenoRaven

He has a god damn shirt with NEVER GIVE UP on it. He's never going to lose an I Quit match.

YOU CANT STOP ME
All you do is handcuff Cena to the ring, drag out Nikki, Cena's dad, or some Make-a-Wish kid, and then threaten to put them through the announcer's table. Easy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is absolutely no way it happens. Its the most unlikely victorious challenger aince Giant Gonzalez.

Which is why it'd be amazing. Literally nobody thinks theres a chance in hell of it happening.

Lesnar vs Bryan as the buildup towards Summerslam.
Or Lesnar vs HHH again but for the title this time

I agree with others who have been saying that breaking the streak would be an anchor on their career. It doesn't really make sense for a young guy to break the streak.

I don't really think the streak ever gets broken though.

krae_man

All you do is handcuff Cena to the ring, drag out Nikki, Cena's dad, or some Make-a-Wish kid, and then threaten to put them through the announcer's table. Easy.

They could have done that with Ortons I Quit match #8578299721. But nope, instant no sell and the heel crying uncle in 30 second flat is the only way Cena I Quit matches are allowed to end.

The closest we're ever going to get to Cena giving up is that Last Man Standing match JBL won clean.

DMczaf

Today's Observer Radio, Meltzer said the Chamber PPV numbers being really good showed that if people wants to see the show, they'll find a way to see the show (referencing the DISH Network pulling the PPV).

Then he goes on saying that someone would go to their neighbors and offer $55 to watch wrestling in their house. That's worse than wearing a wrestling t-shirt in public.

Today's Observer Radio, Meltzer said the Chamber PPV numbers being really good showed that if people wants to see the show, they'll find a way to see the show (referencing the DISH Network pulling the PPV).

Then he goes on saying that someone would go to their neighbors and offer $55 to watch wrestling in their house. That's worse than wearing a wrestling t-shirt in public.

Today's Observer Radio is worth listening to for Dave's burial of Cena's wrestling.

Sblargh

Banned
There's a lot of good reasons to use steroids, not all of them vain.

Well, you know, it does have risks and it does have side effects, but the ratio of demonization vs actual harm is off the chart. And the documentary really focus on the cultural aspect of it, it's about these three brothers who grew up worshipping Schwarzenegger, Stallone and Hulk Hogan; three people who led healthy, sucessful lives and later admited use of steroids. It's this constant tension between what society tells you what is right (eat your vitamins, say your prayers) and what it demands of you (be a superhuman, be bigger, be stronger).

I really recommend it.

I find this interesting when Triple H said "The Reality Era" he basically took it from David Shoemaker from Grantland.

And Meltzer's speculated that the old codgers in the back don't like Triple H referencing things that poke at kayfabe, like his "I'm going to bury you" thing.

Well, you know, it does have risks and it does have side effects, but the ratio of demonization vs actual harm is off the chart. And the documentary really focus on the cultural aspect of it, it's about these three brothers who grew up worshipping Schwarzenegger, Stallone and Hulk Hogan; three people who led healthy, sucessful lives and later admited use of steroids. It's this constant tension between what society tells you what is right (eat your vitamins, say your prayers) and what it demands of you (be a superhuman, be bigger, be stronger).

I really recommend it.

I remember watching BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER. It was a thoughtful, even-handed documentary about steroid use. Ebert's review puts it in parallel to AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, which sounds like it's worth checking out.

I really recommend it.

Yeah it made me want to do some roids. A proper cycle is pretty cheap too. Like 120 a month.

somedevil

And Meltzer's speculated that the old codgers in the back don't like Triple H referencing things that poke at kayfabe, like his "I'm going to bury you" thing.

Yeah, Vince just ignores it but seems Triple H is reactionary to the internet. He has his ear to the internet and reacts to stuff when needs be.

tm24

Triple H reads and loves Grantland, so you bet that's where he got it.
Thats because grantland is great. One of my fav sites on the web

Saw a great post over on gaming side in the molyneaux indie thread that used indie wrestling to make a point. Good job GolazoDan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It be easy to give up alcohol!

I really am tempted to just try one cycle, just to see what it is like. I'm sure after the cycle is over, I will be legit depressed. Losing all the mass and gains would be too much.
I think you'd be pretty happy to go back to normal. Maybe sad to lose them, but you know. I think at the end you'd be happy to go back to "normal"

strobogo

Banned
I think you'd be pretty happy to go back to normal. Maybe sad to lose them, but you know. I think at the end you'd be happy to go back to "normal"

Do you really think Bateaster is happy to be back to "normal"?

Do you think that Bret giving kids his glasses was how he marked which mom he was going to fuck after the show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to get a good steroid cycle as well FE. Just need somewhere reputable. I'm not going to get needles sent from Singapore.

Sblargh

Banned
Nobody is going to shine in that match, unless we count female body parts in tight clothing.

Emma naturally shines, winning or losing, I'm sure she will be a highlight of the trainwreck.

But hey, I'm calling it a trainwreck, but honestly, I really think it will be more entertaining than the jobber memorial.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you really think Bateaster is happy to be back to "normal"?

Do you think that Bret giving kids his glasses was how he marked which mom he was going to fuck after the show?

I dunno, maybe.

I'd like to get a good steroid cycle as well FE. Just need somewhere reputable. I'm not going to get needles sent from Singapore.

I mean if I really wanted to, there are people I can speak with and go from there. I'm sure you are in the same situation. It is just really scary for me. And I'm sure I will be fine with being "normal" but that will take a while imo. I just know how I am and how obsessive I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom