• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee_One

1238787_10203665031690500_1283791132_n.jpg

Damn forgot that Punk was in WMXXII.

And in the main event no less
What is his problem

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F

What a pile of trash.

Zach

The first F!

Quite the honor, yeah?

What didn't you like about Rumble '89?

There was much not to like:

• The Rumble match itself is always a slog, so it's an uphill battle anyway.
  • Big John Studd winning.
  • Hogan eliminating the Brainbusters! C'mah! (Not really a big deal, but it came to mind...)
  • Haku vs. Race was mostly terrible.
  • The women's championship match was all terrible.
  • The opener had Jim Duggan on one team and Dino Bravo on the other -- no thank you.
It just wasn't any fun from start to finish, really.

Sblargh

Banned
It was funny on smackdown Michael Cole trying to inform us that the 4 way had 4 heel teams when I am cheering for two of the teams and ignoring the other two.

DMczaf

#bestforbusiness #ruhrohraw

Triple H ‏@TripleH 2h
Headed to the premier of Scooby-Doo Wrestlemania mystery...w/ our "meddling kids". #RUHROHRAW #wwekmart pic.twitter.com/QO6z3MKRc2

BjVt8BGIYAAJtNx.jpg

Going back on WWE Network and looking at Steph in 1999 makes it obvious she's had some kind of plastic surgery done on her face over the years. She did a good job doing it gradually because I never really noticed until I go back and look at her during the Attitude Era. Still trying to figure out where the deep smoker's voice came from.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'm beginning my Sunny mandated workout program and Gallant recommended dieting strategy next week. Right now I weight 148 pounds and I have no idea what a realistic goal should be.

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Bench Press - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5
Pull-Ups - 3 sets of 8-15

Wednesday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Overhead Press - 3 sets of 5
Power Cleans - 5 sets of 3
Abdominal work

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Bent Over Rows - 3 set of 5

This accompanied by 1g of protein per lb of lean mass that I want to build.
Any recommendations for meals? I am a "poor" college student and a vegetarian which should make the food part even more of a pain in the ass but I will work around it.

Any other pro tips?

img_4860_cm-punk-and-kevin-nash-promo-at-raw-81611-hd_display_image.jpg

Hitting the weights and getting a clue

Going back on WWE Network and looking at Steph in 1999 makes it obvious she's had some kind of plastic surgery done on her face over the years. She did a good job doing it gradually because I never really noticed until I go back and look at her during the Attitude Era. Still trying to figure out where the deep smoker's voice came from.

Maybe she smokes?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm beginning my Sunny mandated workout program and Gallant recommended dieting strategy next week. Right now I weight 148 pounds and I have no idea what a realistic goal should be.

Monday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlifts - 1 set of 5
Pull-Ups - 3 sets of 8-15

Wednesday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Overhead Press - 3 sets of 5
Power Cleans - 5 sets of 3
Abdominal work

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Bent Over Rows - 3 set of 5

This accompanied by 1g of protein per lb of lean mass that I want to build.
Any recommendations for meals? I am a "poor" college student and a vegetarian which should make the food part even more of a pain in the ass but I will work around it.

Any other pro tips?

Eggs are cheap and full o' protein. Frozen chicken breast is as well. Enjoy your next 2 meals FOREVER.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I see a little bit of HBK in Ambrose and I think it's his facial expressions. He's so damn good. Hell, everyone in the shield is so damn good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finding Chicken breast substitutes is kind of a pain. There are a lot of veggie chicken patties though, but they have about 8 grams of protein which is about 1/4th of a chicken breast.

yeh it's spensive. Live and die with ya protein powder and almond milk brother! Also Fage yogurt, unflavored. Even can add protein powder to that for deliciousness.

You should just be eating everything you see a bulking. You gotta feed the beast.

Pavaloo

lol I find JR's podcast attitude of constant annoyance with the fan base funny actually

it's not like he's saying things Punk hasn't said. Or Austin. Or Taker.

edit: get dem gainz spider

Being a vegetarian is going to make it pretty tough. Obviously D. Brine was able to swing it for a while, and you have more options since you're not vegan.

Beans
Milk and cottage cheese
Quinoa
Greek yogurt
Nuts and their various butter forms
Broccoli

As far as cheap and easy goes, your best bet is going to be milk. A lot of milk. A gallon of milk is 128g of protein. Make sure you get skim or 1% to avoid blowing out the fat portion of your diet.

EDIT: Also agree that you should look into a protein powder, it's fairly cheap. You can get a good 25g of protein mixed into 8oz of water and it tastes decent enough as long as the water's ice cold. Or you could put it in milk. Some come with creatine mixed into it, but beginners don't need it.

Yeah, Gallant has a good point re: the GOMAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day) diet.. But you'll go insane drinking all that though.

Just give up and accept your place below the beef overlords

lol I find JR's podcast attitude of constant annoyance with the fan base funny actually

it's not like he's saying things Punk hasn't said. Or Austin. Or Taker.

edit: get dem gainz spider

I get the feeling that the three (JR, Austin, Jericho) feel hamstrung by their association with wrestling. Like they want their shows to be more varied or to explore some of their other interests but they keep sending those gimmicks in the mail they call bills and nothing gets those numbers rising like catering to the "IWC".

Jericho seems like the one who just says "eff it" and does whatever he wants. Austin had to force himself to start watching WWE recently to appeal to the masses. JR is tired of having to deal with people who's life seems to mirror the ebb and flow of Daniel Bryan's push from week to week (Pristine_Condition, Ithil, Aiii, Strobogo, etc.).

If i had one complaint, it's the call-in aspect of the shows, I hope they all ditch that soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh yeah, about the results

Bullet Club continues to be shitty and gets a push because someone in the office has a gaijin fetish. and lol even in Japan, no one gives a shit about Shelton Benjamin.
X as in X'd out of a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom