• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

The sky is falling. (Ain't no stopping me, yoooooooooooooooooooooooo!)

I want Fale to win it all.

I saw the results and man what the hell?
Shelton Benjamin or Bad Luke Fale
is going to get a title shot. Wow on that.

Also, one title match possibility some might say is to early to do now and should be on a major show.

Then there is Devitt. Is this the end of his New Japan run because after this he has no dates lined up yet after this loss?

strobogo

Banned
Quite the honor, yeah?

There was much not to like:

• The Rumble match itself is always a slog, so it's an uphill battle anyway.
  • Big John Studd winning.
  • Hogan eliminating the Brainbusters! C'mah! (Not really a big deal, but it came to mind...)
  • Haku vs. Race was mostly terrible.
  • The women's championship match was all terrible.
  • The opener had Jim Duggan on one team and Dino Bravo on the other -- no thank you.
It just wasn't any fun from start to finish, really.

I kind of liked Haku/Harley even though I don't care for Meng as an actual wrestler and Harley was way past his prime. It was way stiffer than matches from the period usually were. I didn't hate the opener either. Mountie killed Bret with the balls to the face doomsday device.

Who the fuck wants Shelton vs Okada??

At least Fale vs Okada would be interesting because of the size difference. Fale might be green, but Shelton is just plain dull.

Okada vs Fale and Tanahashi vs Nakamura for Invasion Attack - plus, AJ Styles, Anderson/Gallows vs Shibata/Goto for the tag belts, Ibushi defending against someone or teaming with Desperado to challenge the Bucks for the Jr belts, Kojima defending the NWA title and maybe some ROH involvement.

Dragonzord said:
Bullet Club continues to be shitty and gets a push because someone in the office has a gaijin fetish.

Devitt & Anderson both lost, in spite of having outside help.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Devitt ain't going over Nakamura no matter how much one of the office boys wants to pull off his Armani undies.

lol bad luck fatso. this is where njpw is at. this is who we're left with when you let okada beat everyone. i told you it would happen.

I just listened through the last four Jim Ross podcasts while doing a huge Photoshop session that I had to get finished up before the weekend.

Man, I think I've heard enough. IMO, Jim Ross comes off as fairly unlikeable in the Podcast. He's just got this over-the-top smugness about him and really talks down to the listener and the people who write in their questions and whatnot.

I'm pretty sure if I was going to Wrestlemania weekend, the last thing I'd want to do is go see his one-man show.

Amazing how different he comes off from Austin, who doesn't hold back his opinions, but still seems like a guy you'd want to have a beer with and talk wrasslin.
I lost a lot of respect for JR watching like some recent radio interview of his. After the incredible sensitivity and awareness against hateful language on wrasslegaf™, hearing JR describe a "he-she" is a kick in the gut. Fuck JR.

Who the fuck wants Shelton vs Okada??

At least Fale vs Okada would be interesting because of the size difference. Fale might be green, but Shelton is just plain dull.

Okada vs Fale and Tanahashi vs Nakamura for Invasion Attack - plus, AJ Styles, Anderson/Gallows vs Shibata/Goto for the tag belts, Ibushi defending against someone or teaming with Desperado to challenge the Bucks for the Jr belts, Kojima defending the NWA title and maybe some ROH involvement.

Devitt & Anderson both lost, in spite of having outside help.

I want to see Shelton vs Okada. I love Shelton. One of my favs since watching him in the WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I lost a lot of respect for JR watching like some recent radio interview of his. After the incredible sensitivity and awareness against hateful language on wrasslegaf™, hearing JR describe a "he-she" is a kick in the gut. Fuck JR.

This is what happens when people get podcasts. WE discover that most wrestlers are ignorant shills.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

He calls someone a he-she? Fuck's sake JR. I know it's expected from OKLAHOMA but I'm here so you have no excuse. Fuck. That's so shitty.

AINT NO STOPING ME NOWWWWWWWW

tumblr_n2uisiki8W1qhjbxeo1_250.gif

Sblargh

Banned
Daniel Bryan became a vegan from a recommendation of the WWE staff. His diet must be professionally designed on a weekly basis or something. It's easier being a vegan when a Profesional work out your diet.
#exveganrant

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agree with Bootaaay, I want to see Fale vs Okada or something insane like that. Might as well go balls out. Let's do it. GO FALE GO!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember when Hogan joined WCW and put over Arn as his way of proving to the boys that he was a team player?

MAybe that's what Shibata was doing. He said, 'look, I'll lose to this dude who gets no reaction and has been doing the same moves since 2004 that'll shut up Tanahashi and Nakamura.'

lol bad luck fatso. this is where njpw is at. this is who we're left with when you let okada beat everyone. i told you it would happen.

I'm pretty sure there was someone saying the exact same thing in 2012, but with Tanahashi instead of Okada.

Also, Okada's had 8 defences, so it should be no surprise he's running out of challengers. 3 more and he'll be tied with Tanahashi for most defences - he's losing that belt sooner rather than later, but it was never likely to happen at Invasion Attack, what with Dontaku and the big Yokohama Arena show just a month or so later.

Dragonzord said:
MAybe that's what Shibata was doing. He said, 'look, I'll lose to this dude who gets no reaction and has been doing the same moves since 2004 that'll shut up Tanahashi and Nakamura.'

More like Jado & Gedo making sure he's willing to eat shit before trusting him with any sort of major push.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure there was someone saying the exact same thing in 2012, but with Tanahashi instead of Okada.

Also, Okada's had 8 defences, so it should be no surprise he's running out of challengers. 3 more and he'll be tied with Tanahashi for most defences - he's losing that belt sooner rather than later, but it was never likely to happen at Invasion Attack, what with Dontaku and the big Yokohama Arena show just a month or so later.

Do you want people to think of Okada like they did Tanahashi? LEt's not forget that a lot of people didn't like Tanahashi in 2012.

somedevil

Remember when Hogan joined WCW and put over Arn as his way of proving to the boys that he was a team player?

Its just weird that Okada says to face him he has to win the cup, but instead of winning he loses to Shelton.

Does he still have heat for bailing out on them to go to Big Mouth Loud?

Daniel Bryan became a vegan from a recommendation of the WWE staff. His diet must be professionally designed on a weekly basis or something. It's easier being a vegan when a Profesional work out your diet.
#exveganrant

He stopped being a vegan because he developed a soy intolerance. He's just real careful, but eats eggs and stuff now.

strobogo

Banned
I get the feeling that the three (JR, Austin, Jericho) feel hamstrung by their association with wrestling. Like they want their shows to be more varied or to explore some of their other interests but they keep sending those gimmicks in the mail they call bills and nothing gets those numbers rising like catering to the "IWC".

Jericho seems like the one who just says "eff it" and does whatever he wants. Austin had to force himself to start watching WWE recently to appeal to the masses. JR is tired of having to deal with people who's life seems to mirror the ebb and flow of Daniel Bryan's push from week to week (Pristine_Condition, Ithil, Aiii, Strobogo, etc.).

If i had one complaint, it's the call-in aspect of the shows, I hope they all ditch that soon.

I believe you make valid points, Beany. JR is too old school for his own good and a very common theme among old school guys is disdain for the audience. I believe that he believes that fans can never know what is best or be knowledgeable to understand how anything works. I've heard him break out the "sitting in mom's basement" cliche more than once when talking about wrestling fans. That just seems like a normal way of thinking for guys of his era and the guys that trained him. It's "fans are stupid marks, always". JR seems like the kind of guy that is still mad about (and refers to them as) dirt sheets.

I don't think Austin resents being associated with wrestling at all. Dude loves wrestling, loves talking about wrestling, and loves the opportunities it gave him. Jericho I think does, though. He sees himself as an entertainer first, then rock star, then wrestler, and seems annoyed that he can't shake the wrestler part even though he comes back to wrestling all the time. While I don't think he has the disdain for wrestling fans like JR seems to have, he does seem like something of an egomaniac.

Do you want people to think of Okada like they did Tanahashi? LEt's not forget that a lot of people didn't like Tanahashi in 2012.

A lot of people already think that, which is why "lol, Okada wins" has become a thing. Really, though, it shouldn't surprise ANYONE that they're pushing Okada to be as big of a deal as Tanahashi, considering the way they've played them off of each other since Okada's re-debut. Plus, it helps that Okada hasn't settled into the same formula for his title matches to quite the same degree that Tanahashi did during his "Cenahashi" reign.

Also, you make it sound like they're utterly screwed when it comes to passing the belt off, but the guys Okada has beaten can easily be built back up and, as I said, he's losing that title sooner rather than later.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"That thing" is way worse than he-she. I think he-she is pretty acceptable from that generation unless they say it with malice. That thing is pretty fucked up.

It really is. Liu Kang posted in the Network thread about JR's racism with other shit too. Oy...

Laserfrog

They came on in and they got it, you gotta respect the business they come in and respect the business cause you gotta come in and respect the business. We're taking about respect, when you come in you gotta be ready to respect, those guys that come in and get it got it, they understood where this business is and always had been built on, blocks of respect. They come in with the building blocks of respect for the business and build a big old house of respect from those blocks. It's the foundation of this business, it's the cement between the respect bricks. Respect.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Straight edge is easy as fuck, it's just how I am before I even knew it was a thing.

Vegan though, that takes some work. I eat vegetarian usually once or twice a day but would find it hard or impossible to give up cheese.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Straight edge is easy as fuck, it's just how I am before I even knew it was a thing.

Vegan though, that takes some work. I eat vegetarian usually once or twice a day but would find it hard or impossible to give up cheese.
Meat substitutes have come a long way but good cheese substitutes aren't there yet.

What's the more difficult lifestyle to sustain day-to-day, Vegan or Straight Edge?

I'm pretty sure I'd be considered straight-edge even though I don't do anything special to maintain such status.

I'd imagine being vegan requires conscious decisions of what and what not to eat. Making it harder by default.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Meat substitutes have come a long way but good cheese substitutes aren't there yet.

The best meat substitutes are still well prepared vegetables, especially mushrooms. I like Tofu but hate when it's turned into faux meat.

I'm pretty sure I'd be considered straight-edge even though I don't do anything special to maintain such status.

I'd imagine being vegan requires conscious decisions of what and what not to eat. Making it harder by default.

Exactly. My default is don't drink, don't do drugs, live sober. I find that natural. Switching what I eat around would involve me sacrificing both my time to figure out what I eat and a bunch of my favorite foods.

Vegetarian with animal byproducts though that's much less work. Meat isn't hidden in that many things.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The best meat substitutes are still well prepared vegetables, especially mushrooms. I like Tofu but hate when it's turned into faux meat.

Exactly. My default is don't drink, don't do drugs, live sober. I find that natural. Switching what I eat around would involve me sacrificing both my time to figure out what I eat and a bunch of my favorite foods.

Vegetarian with animal byproducts though that's much less work. Meat isn't hidden in that many things.
Black bean and lentil burgers are the truth.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What's the more difficult lifestyle to sustain day-to-day, Vegan or Straight Edge?

Vegan in most nations, simply because so many places cook their food in animal fat or at best only offer salads that may or may not just be a salad with some sort of meat just removed. A lot of the vegan friends I know who travel a lot for business, for conventions, for wrestling or music touring, most of them bring their own containers of food just because it's so unlikely they will find any sort of vegetarian or vegan menu offered while traveling.
Especially in Japan where if you go somewhere everyone will automatically assume you want pork. Salad? Comes with pork. Ramen, comes with pork. karoke, have some pork snacks of some kind. Crisps, made with pork fat. At a business meeting, you better damn well eat some pork, it's an insult otherwise and you might lose a deal otherwise.

It's far easier to go somewhere and simply not order something alcholic, to not go into a back alley and buy some crack cocaine, and not be Scott Hall.

Girlfriend and I decided that next time we take shrooms or acid, we're watching that Scooby Doo Wrestlemania movie. Oh, it shall be glorious.

Perhaps other wrestling related things, too. Mmm Paige. I have my girlfriend watching NXT weekly. I've won at life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom