• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Road To Raw After Wrestlemania XXX has begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showaddy

As for the Occulus stuff, look at it from the positive side. They now kinda have unlimited funding.

Yeah but the people who write the checks will control the control the direction of the company.

This is 100% bad news for gamers without a doubt because the tech wont be dedicated to gaming any more. It's probably good news for VR tech as a whole though.

Xater

Maybe Christian wasn't up for all those extra dates he was going to have to work with the belt.

Wouldn't you know that ahead of time? Also in that case they could always just make him lose. Nah I just smell some really dumb storyline coming up.

Rapstah

Awesome way to hype up the live broadcast, good on them, stress test that bitch so I can watch Mania without issues!

Maybe Christian was all pumped for this amazing "Langston" joke he was going to do before the match but then they told him he couldn't do it so he walked out.
Wouldn't you know that ahead of time? Also in that case they could always just make him lose. Nah I just smell some really dumb storyline coming up.

I was joking, Christian has worked house shows recently anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't care about VR in the least bit, but I just can't believe how pathetic the people who used to run a kickstarter and talking about FAN SUPPORT are while begging for money.

Exposed is one way to put it.

Xater

Yeah but the people who write the checks will control the control the direction of the company.

This is 100% bad news for gamers without a doubt because the tech wont be dedicated to gaming any more. It's probably good news for VR tech as a whole though.

Well I don't think would never take off big time with just gaming. This is really not a negative thing I think.

Sokantish

How many people wouldn't sell out for 2 billion over the appreciation of a group of niche enthusiasts? I applaud their business sense.

I know I would take the money, besides just because they are owned by facebook now doesn't mean the Oculus is going to all of a sudden suck. How quickly people turn on things is so crazy to me. I still can't wait to get a Oculus Rift retail unit

Rapstah

Christian's old and losing his mind. He thought that 4-way was for who's going to be in the WM main event. He took his ball and went home.

Christian mis-heard and thought he was actually facing Big T for the IC title and was really pumped to face the cheap WCW identity of the first-ever black IC champion, but after it turned out he was facing Big E, former comedy midcarder, he told Vince he was going home.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lmao someone never tried the Rift

shit's the future.
4885.image_5F00_2D4611B9.png
figure3.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Call me when they build a holodeck and I'll start caring.

So "no" you haven't tried it. Deal with it Aiii. Once you finally get your desperate mitts on it, you'll see the light.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hahaha I completely forgot that Oculus Rift was a kickstarter.

I'm sure those chumps "investors" are happy.
Kickstarter is not for investing, it's for backing so you can get something cool made and preferably in your hands.

Showaddy

Well I don't think would never take off big time with just gaming. This is really not a negative thing I think.

If you cared about it as a gaming device then is really, really is a negative move. Iv'e never used Facebook and likely never will so a piece of cool tech that I was looking forward to is now dead to me.

Rapstah

Christian read up on the title and realised the tournament that made the title intercontinental in the first place was fake, making the title he was fighting for technically the merger of the WWF North American Heavyweight Championship and the WWF European Championship, and he knew that taking that belt would be offensive to his South American fans, so he refused to do the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me, we need to organize a WrassleGAF Second Life Field Trip sometime.

Rapstah

Christian was so offended that they supposedly inducted Razor Ramon into the Hall of Fame over two ladder matches and four IC title reigns, compared to Christian's own influential ladder matches and four IC title reigns, that he won't do TV matches until it's in his contract that Michael Cole mentions at least once per match that he's a future hall-of-famer.

Aiii

So not worth it
There's fun things I can see VR being used in, combining it with a real environment where you combine touch and feel to the experience, but for gaming, I don't see how it adds anything to the game other than "you can look around like you're in the game" and that sounds like a gimmick to me that adds nothing substantial to the actual gaming.

But hey, I'm ready to be proven wrong if Zuckerberg wants to do something cool with it.

Sblargh

Banned
Watching 80s WCW PPVs.

Heel = The guy who brings the hidden blade
Face = The guy who steals the hidden blade and actually use it to win the match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's fun things I can see VR being used in, combining it with a real environment where you combine touch and feel to the experience, but for gaming, I don't see how it adds anything to the game other than "you can look around like you're in the game" and that sounds like a gimmick to me that adds nothing substantial to the actual gaming.

But hey, I'm ready to be proven wrong if Zuckerberg wants to do something cool with it.

Say hi to Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbtMJagv5o

FUTURE MOTHERFUCKERS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty easy in this thread to separate the haves with the have-nots. Come be a 1%er with me.

TL21xx

Banned
Can't say I'm sold on VR in it's current form (the whole strapped in to the game element isn't for me personally), but I'd be a liar if I didn't say that Occulus is a cool step in the right direction. What I'd like to see is VR Arcade games pop up once we have some cool stuff to work with the Rift. Imagine a Rift-powered Battletech pod 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom