• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

japtor

F-Zero will be relegated to a no weapon 1000cc mode in Mario Kart. Hopping and braking will switch to spinning and side swiping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
fuckyes%21.jpg

A WINRAR IS ME BABY!

Question: do Japanese names like mine (チーズマイスター) get displayed in Romanized fashion, or do they show up as-is in Japanese characters?

Berordn

I'm really stupid, but what are these groups? All I can do is join the neogaf community and sit there until someone shows up...

It's all managed server-side. If there's any groups waiting in the lobby, you might get added to it, or you might be placed in a new one. You can't actually see or control what group you get in, or choose to spectate instead.

zoukka

It's all managed server-side. If there's any groups waiting in the lobby, you might get added to it, or you might be placed in a new one. You can't actually see or control what group you get in, or choose to spectate instead.

Ah yeah that's what I thought.

Goddamn I'd like to chat in this game >:eek:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Question: do Japanese names like mine (チーズマイスター) get displayed in Romanized fashion, or do they show up as-is in Japanese characters?
They show up correctly even if us poor Westerners don't have the ability to type those characters ourselves.

Ysiadmihi

Banned

They show up in Japanese. I was wondering myself why they didn't bother changing them.

I guess certain Japanese names could show up as vulgar words in English.

Love all the little things you can get jump-boosts from in this game, like the moles in Airship Fortress, the walls of the pipe in Mario Circuit and the ripples in both Rainbow Roads.

SmithnCo

considering that the series is dead, it doen't matter how they bring it back since they need to build a new fanbase. might as well put in weapons to make it more dynamic (and with no items/weapons options like mario kart)

Man, that would be kinda messed up. Usually you are going too fast to worry about stuff like that, and if they compromise on speed it wouldn't be F-Zero.

I always liked how it was more skill-based.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'll join for a couple of games :)

Edit: let me know when a lobby is open I'd anyone is still playing.

Edit 2: lobby open with three if anyone wants to join!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe you get a gold wheel by your name from using the gyro controls a lot? In Mario Kart Wii you would get a gold wheel if you used the Wii Wheel a lot, I believe.

I know that, but I'm surprised someone managed to even complete one race with the gyro controls. For my sanity I'm assuming he got the three stars by using the traditional controls and then went ahead and tried to get the gold wheel.

Also thanks the the Piranha Plant Pipeway course, we now know those black blobs on the hills in the background of SMB are actually trees.

Tyeforce

I know that, but I'm surprised someone managed to even complete one race with the gyro controls. For my sanity I'm assuming he got the three stars by using the traditional controls and then went ahead and tried to get the gold wheel.

Also thanks the the Piranha Plant Pipeway course, we now know those black blobs on the hills in the background of SMB are actually trees.
Wait, so that is how you get the gold wheel? Does anyone know how many races you need to win with the gyro to get it or anything? And do you keep it once you earn it, or can it go away if you stop using the gyro?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wait, so that is how you get the gold wheel? Does anyone know how many races you need to win with the gyro to get it or anything? And do you keep it once you earn it, or can it go away if you stop using the gyro?
GameFAQs said:
Golden Steering Wheel: Play 100 recent matches and use the first person gyro controls 80% of the time.
I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't bother to play with shitty controls just to get something that goes away once you stop using those shitty controls.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

According to GameFAQS:
Play 100 recent matches and use the first person gyro controls 80% of the time.

See, I'm just surprised someone can manage to play 80+ matches with those controls. I would be even more surprised if they managed to get a three star ranking with those control hence I'll just assume they didn't.

Skiesofwonder

I don't know if it's true but I wouldn't bother to play with shitty controls just to get something that goes away once you stop using those shitty controls.

I haven't used them yet but I couldn't imagine them being any different the Mario Kart Wii's gyro controls and I won PLENTY of matches with them and even preferred them.

I just don't want to turn of the pretty 3D otherwise I would use them lol

Fuzzy

I haven't used them yet but I couldn't imagine them being any different the Mario Kart Wii's gyro controls and I won PLENTY of matches with them and even preferred them.

You winning plenty of times on the Wii doesn't mean those controls weren't inferior.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I managed to score a Gold Wheel in the Wii version and could win plenty of matches with the motion controls. For some reason driving in FP doesn't work for me. It's really hard to do those tiny little adjustment as you're turning a corner.

Skiesofwonder

You winning plenty of times on the Wii doesn't mean those controls weren't inferior.

On automatic they were superior (for me). I won more matches plain and simple.

Edit: that makes sense BGBW, haven't really considered the view change...

backlot

Well they are different on 3DS in that you have to use first person view. It doesn't seem like the best way to play the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow playing normal matchmaking after playing in the GAF community makes online seem so easy lol.

Well you better get playing and raking up the points because according to GameFAQs you need 10000 points or more to unlock a golden kart.

I'll let someone else have the honours of testing that theory.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Do you guys get many comm errors or is only me? Lol. I opened up the 3DS ports and I got into a Worldwide race (first one I could) but Battle mode failed. Decided to stop while I do some work but... heh? Is it that usual?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do you guys get many comm errors or is only me? Lol. I opened up the 3DS ports and I got into a Worldwide race (first one I could) but Battle mode failed. Decided to stop while I do some work but... heh? Is it that usual?

Used to get them all the time. Been lucky the last few times however. I have basically done everything I can think of to make the 3DS work online including adding it to the router's DMZ.

Fuzzy

The only communication errors I've gotten at all is after a race when I choose to continue racing and everyone else chooses not to.

Boogiepop

Oh wow. Didn't know Blue Shells could show up in one on one. I also just got wrecked by the pinball like 3 times in a row, ha. Wouldn't even let me get up!

Top Bottom