• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This is key.

I'm pro items, but when the second person has the ability the get all the killer items while the poor sap in front in defending himself with a banana skin the fun random element is lost.

3 players is rather flawed because of the scores; 1st 4, 2nd 2, 3rd 1. That two point difference makes all the difference.

The fact it is so easy to get an eight way match in WW matches makes them slightly more tempting. Also VR points.

Kerub

Banned
Wow I forgot about this game. Doing a couple of cups now!

Edit - Haha, I'm the only racer in the gaf room thingy. Forever alone.

Barrett2

Is my thumb supposed to be extremely uncomfortable playing this game? The act of constantly holding down the gas shows how bad the button size / layout is on the device.

Gravijah

Is my thumb supposed to be extremely uncomfortable playing this game? The act of constantly holding down the gas shows how bad the button size / layout is on the device.

if i'm playing for a few hours it starts to hurt at times, but usually i'm alright. less cramps than when i played mkds, too.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?

I had the same problem but I just kept telling myself to chill and just press the button normally, which now I've gotten used to, for some reason my brain thought the harder I press it the faster I would go, must be the PS3 controller with it's pressure sensitive buttons and GT having an effect me.

I don't think the layout or size are bad, it's just a small device. It's unavoidable. Unless you want a much larger device there's nothing you can really do about it

dock

This game could really use a 'play whilst waiting in the lobby' option, like Street Fighter and KOF. I hate waiting lonely in the NeoGAF room.

dock

Using Y for acceleration is pretty comfortable actually.
I always use L for weapons, probably because of the SNES and GBA games.

The speed boost from jumping at the tip of ramps and bumps makes a big difference to the speed you can get. I didn't know about this at first - was this in the DS game?

timnich

What's up with the star rating after finishing a cup in Grand Prix mode? I placed first in every single race but still only ended up with 2 stars. How do you get the 3 stars?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What's up with the star rating after finishing a cup in Grand Prix mode? I placed first in every single race but still only ended up with 2 stars. How do you get the 3 stars?
xzGI7.jpg

Stay in the lead for the majority of each race and don't fall off or run off road more than a few times per race. It's a lot more forgiving than Mario Kart Wii used to be.

timnich

Seems impossible with all the blue shell and red shells flying at you non stop throughout the race. Fuck this game.

Yet I continue to play..

EDIT: Sorry Matt, seems my connection dropped.

Murrah

Banned
Hey Farscape awesome games, especially that last one on Donkey Kong Jungle hahaha. I have to go do some Christmas shopping but definitely join me again if you see me online later

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man I just schooled some fools online, GAF room was dead as usual (change it back so lurkers can join!) so I went worldwide.

I haven't had as much time as I'd like to play online but I just spend about 2 hours and won most of my races, some blue shell shit robbed me a couple times, but over time if you're better than the competition you can consistently place 1st or at least top 3.

levelled up from a lowly 1100 or so to 1500. Was glorious.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Nintendo needs to just excise 50cc entirely from the franchise.

What a terrible first impression those races give off. Booting up the game I start those races knowing I'll need to unlock some shit from doing so, and it's damn near impossible to lose. You'll never see another kart on screen. All items are just bananas or green shells, and occasionally the only fear is a blue shell.

I've 3-starred half the total cups on my first try and already I am considering never bothering playing this game again. Bleh. Feels like tedious pointless work.

I'll dive into MP soon and maybe it will turn my first impression around, but I hate to do so without unlocking at least some stuff. :/

What a terrible first impression those races give off. Booting up the game I start those races knowing I'll need to unlock some shit from doing so, and it's damn near impossible to lose. You'll never see another kart on screen. All items are just bananas or green shells, and occasionally the only fear is a blue shell.

I've 3-starred half the total cups and already ready to never bother playing this game again. Bleh. Feels like tedious pointless work.

I'll dive into MP soon and maybe it will turn my first impression around, but I hate to do so without unlocking at least some stuff. :/

Character unlocks are in 150cc, so you could just jump up to that level.

I've 3-starred half the total cups on my first try and already I am considering never bothering playing this game again. Bleh. Feels like tedious pointless work.

You should just play the 150cc class then. There you unlock a character after each cup.

Boney

Banned
Ah. I'll do that. Though I have unlocked some new engine parts and such in 50cc, maybe it's just total coins picked up regardless of difficulty?

Yep, regardless of difficulty, just skip straight to 150cc

You can even get those by playing online.

Ah. I'll do that. Though I have unlocked some new engine parts and such in 50cc, maybe it's just total coins picked up regardless of difficulty?

yeah, you get new parts based on how many coins you racked up, you can also get more coins playing online. The coins you get in time trial however, do not count.

How does the game assign you spotpass time trials? I seem to be obliterating everything they throw at me, so I'm wondering what metric they're using to pass them my way.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Many victories, today...and finally I'm over 2000.
P.S. I've seen how many hours I've spent so far on the game...and when I saw that the time spent was almost 65 hours, I've thought "Just as I expected! :lol "

3DS is in my sister's hands now :p

How does the game assign you spotpass time trials? I seem to be obliterating everything they throw at me, so I'm wondering what metric they're using to pass them my way.

Try going back and choosing the course or driver, there are more ghosts per track than the ones it puts you against straight from the Channel. It could be that you've tried that already, but some of the ones I'm getting are insanely good.

I have no idea how these are chosen, do they get uploaded from random 3ds players?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...Finished the 150cc last cup.
Unlocked the
mirror ones

...If I say that the credits music is something you can only love I don't think to be so inappropriate, right?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Try going back and choosing the course or driver, there are more ghosts per track than the ones it puts you against straight from the Channel. It could be that you've tried that already, but some of the ones I'm getting are insanely good.

I have no idea how these are chosen, do they get uploaded from random 3ds players?

seems like it yeah, most of the ghosts except the nin* ones are GARBAGE I haven't met one I couldn't beat by half a track so far. I guess eventually though this will get ridiculously hard unless they've screwed the recording uploading procedure.

Pyrokai

NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

NeoGAF Mirror Mode All Items

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS
TO VIEW CODES, QUOTE THIS POST

Am I doing it right if I want the Community Numbers for these groups? :)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is there any tier list for karts/accessories yet? I'm looking for the equivalent combination of the Flame Runner from MKW, but haven't found really anything I like.

Top Bottom