• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

The most fun I have in this game is racing in the GAF community. Everyone I've played with has been competitive but a good sport. Excellent times

Also watch this video. It's only a minute and a half and it's hilarious

CLEEK

Grr, when to I press A at the start of the race? I feel like they change the timing for the boost start every game!

The timing does feel slightly different in this one. If you think of the countdown like this:

3 ----- 2 ----- 1 ----- GO!

You need to start accelerating here:

3 ----- 2 -X--- 1 ----- GO!

So just before halfway between 2 and 1. The window to get is seems more generous, as one I worked out the timing, I nail it pretty much every single time.

The timing does feel slightly different in this one. If you think of the countdown like this:

3 ----- 2 ----- 1 ----- GO!

You need to start accelerating here:

3 ----- 2 -X--- 1 ----- GO!

So just before halfway between 2 and 1. The window to get is seems more generous, as one I worked out the timing, I nail it pretty much every single time.

Just start pressing acceleration precisely when Lakitus finger is up after 2.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
When online works... Its amazing

In regards to acceleration... I leave A pressed since the beginning, slowly let go before 1, press again.. Boost. Always works.

Yeah, I meant as first or near the front. Basically 3 free blocks from most hazards without even having to hold your finger on the button like with shells
I did a race earlier where I was in first with two single bananas and the person behind me got triple red shells, I was thinking how much I would have loved triple bananas at that point.

Unless you have a star.
you'd need some fortunate circumstances for this one but yeah I guess you're right.

Well they are different on 3DS in that you have to use first person view. It doesn't seem like the best way to play the game.

I don't know how common this is, but I love the first-person view. I'm not a huge fan of the gyro controls, but the first-person view is great, being closer to the road makes the game feel faster and being so much closer to obstacles and items flying around feels a lot more exciting.

I haven't played online much though so the wider viewing area the third-person view gives you might be necessary in a competitive setting.

Omg. I was so far ahead in a Mario circuit match online that I hit all 3 of the closest group when a blue shell hit me as a flew over the bridge. I only wish I hadknown if one of them actually threw it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I finally unlocked Mirror mode. It was pissing me off that I had at least 1 star on each Cup but didn't have it unlocked. I couldn't remember which Cup I got 2nd in and got 1 star anyway. Once I got 1st in that one I got it. :)

I finally unlocked Mirror mode. It was pissing me off that I had at least 1 star on each Cup but didn't have it unlocked. I couldn't remember which Cup I got 2nd in and got 1 star anyway. Once I got 1st in that one I got it. :)

You can tell by the colour of the cup in the top right. :p

Boogiepop

So wow, learning how to trick off stuff REALLY changes up how you play the tracks. I mean, realizing you can trick off of the keys in Music Park for extra boost is really, really cool.

I finally 3 starred the rest of 150cc. It was being such a bitch!

I'm at 48 wins & 47 losses. XD

I love your avatar backlot! - I used one very similar a while ago.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm in the NeoGaf community.
If anyone want to join...

EDIT: Noone? :(

dock

I really, really wish there were some way to broadcast the activity of a community through some sort of web interface. If there were an image you could embed which showed a live update of the community it would be much easier to know when it was active.

I'd also be cool with some sort of channel on the 3DS that could 'ping' me when players are active. I'd happily swap carts for karts!

Mpl90

However, I fear there's some problem with MK7 servers right now.
I mean.
After I've installed Connectify, all was going very well.
But, since yesterday's afternoon (Italian afternoon), there have been problems: impossibility to go into the Mario Cup Community, various 006-0612 errors, no one found with the Worldwide Search ( but since after a bit it showed me the B to go back, I think that is because there's no one O_O ). Just today I obtained to find other three in the Mario Cup, but the GP ended after the second course...due to the other two who raced with me in the second race basically bailing out...they were too slow. XD
And I've even encountered the 001-0502 code.
I fear MK7 are having some problems now.

EDIT: It seems it's just a Connectify problem.
WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!! EVERYTHING WAS GOING WELL!!! WHY ERRORS NOW!

Mpl90

I'm in the GAF Community now.
Since there's another group running now...if you want to join me...

EDIT: No, not anymore. Time to eat!

kiryogi

Banned
So who was the poor sap that ate the blue shell over a pit in Maple tree way XD

Also, waiting in commu, 4 so far. 5 shortly, a friends gonna join.

Top Bottom