• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

thomaser

This might have been explained before, but... when you choose a track in Time Trial, you see a graph. Your times are there, along with the times of lots of ghosts. The faster the time, the more to the right it goes. But what does it mean when ghosts/people are high or low on the graph? Also, every graph has a curve made up of circles. What does this curve mean?

This might have been explained before, but... when you choose a track in Time Trial, you see a graph. Your times are there, along with the times of lots of ghosts. The faster the time, the more to the right it goes. But what does it mean when ghosts/people are high or low on the graph? Also, every graph has a curve made up of circles. What does this curve mean?

I assume it everyone who's got spotpass enabled has their time uploaded, and the height of each circle represents how many people have something near that time. No idea about the ghost heights!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
How likely is it that Nintendo will release a patch/fix online glitches like Wuhu? LOL?
I love that track, I adore the idea of point to point races in Mario Kart, it's a shame you can't keep up online unless you do the same shitty cutting

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The number of GAF lurkers is probably like 10:1 to actual members, so it's a way of keeping things exclusive.

Or that's what I assume anyway.

Stupidly obvious observation time...

Remember how I mentioned that it might be impossible to ever do a tournament as anyone on ANYONE'S friend list can always join you, even if you're in a community?

I just realized that if you disable "Display when I'm Online" in the Mario Kart Channel / Settings menu, that probably won't happen.

If we ever needed to do an exclusive tournament/etc. game, as long as all the players temporarily set their game to NOT broadcast that they were online, there would be no problem of unwanted folks joining in.

Just had a grand prix with 2 others in the Gaf group before I was given a communication error.

I received green shells, squid and mushrooms whilst my esteemed colleagues were bestowed with red shells, blue shells and starmen.

I spent plenty of time at the back, the gods didn't care to show their benevolence.

GG Mario Kart, GG.

Berordn

How likely is it that Nintendo will release a patch/fix online glitches like Wuhu? LOL?
I love that track, I adore the idea of point to point races in Mario Kart, it's a shame you can't keep up online unless you do the same shitty cutting

Assuming the servers have anything to do with hosting and manipulating the track data, they probably could hack something together just to prevent the shortcut, but if they haven't at this point they probably won't.

Maka Wuhu spammers? I've seen more Music Plant spammers than anything, it seems.

Just trading one vice for another.
i love music park

OMG Aero

Also that could add more maka wuhu spammers than we already have in the community.
Maybe they just genuinely want to play that track?
I like to think that we have enough of an honour system that we can play on those tracks without anyone exploiting them. And if not, at least with the community closed we can name and shame the people who do that exploit in this thread.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like to think that we have enough of an honour system that we can play on those tracks without anyone exploiting them. And if not, at least with the community closed we can name and shame the people who do that exploit in this thread.

If they've made their Mii name obvious. I could change my Mii to one I've never used, piss everyone off and then revert back to my regular one and no one would be none the wiser.

B-Dex

I don't like how to unlock any other chars aside from Mii you gotta do 150cc. Makes the lower tiers almost useless.

I don't like how to unlock any other chars aside from Mii you gotta do 150cc. Makes the lower tiers almost useless.

Yeah, I beat one of the 50cc grand prix's, but then after finding out that 150 gets all the characters, I just stopped and went straight to 150. Especially considering you get coins in online games, 50 and 100 are pointless.

waicol

Banned

Well the thing is that i knew how to make the cheat, then when in the 3rd track selection Maka Wuhu got selected i thought to myself "Suspicious, but whatever this is GAF community players are good". Just to figure out in race that people choosed it to use the glitch in their advantage. I didn't gave it much importance, i was still ranked 1st overall. But then i saw Maka Wuhu selected again for the 4th race.

No big of a deal, that's an amazing track in fact, but it's just annoying to see people from gaf ruining some GPs for SUPER INTERNET POINTS. And we all know how hard is to find a room to play in the community at some hours.

Berordn

Doesn't really make sense that they would be playing it on the GAF community for their epeens when you can't get either of the unlockables from playing online with your community rating.

It's tragic anyway. Driving through the castle was stupidly exciting for me when I did it the first time and now that whole experience is ruined :(.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I can get the golden wheel without the the gyro activated. I kind of like playing in the cockpit view.

BowieZ

Banned
Just encountered someone in a Group of 4 others who exploited the Maka Wuhu cheat. (I can't remember his name.) Anyway, so I followed him down the cheat line lol to catch up with him.

But then I got a Communication Error as soon as I tried to exploit the cheat. Is it possible this has been a recent fix?

Boogiepop

Just encountered someone in a Group of 4 others who exploited the Maka Wuhu cheat. (I can't remember his name.) Anyway, so I followed him down the cheat line lol to catch up with him.

But then I got a Communication Error as soon as I tried to exploit the cheat. Is it possible this has been a recent fix?

Nah, he's still in.

Dr Prob

Banned
Why the hell would anyone be compelled to glitch in GAF Community games? Or anywhere else for that matter, but c'mon man. It's nice in there, don't screw it up.

Yeah, I was playing with you and Mank and someone was definitely exploiting the cheat. I was racing pretty well in that race and all of a sudden I just saw my ranking drop down super fast. Also dammit at that first race - first all the way until the last few seconds of the third lap >_<

timnich

I was in that race too! I was first and suddenly my rank dropped out of nowhere. Why would you cheat in a Gaf game? Defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?

BowieZ

Banned
I must have been DC'd then because I had stopped prior and turned around to see if anyone exploited lol. That usually results in a kick.

Boogiepop

Gah, went to try worldwide, pulled WAY ahead, and got pegged by one blue shell, then half a lap later another followed by two red shells. Lost me first, but just barely.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I must have been DC'd then because I had stopped prior and turned around to see if anyone exploited lol. That usually results in a kick.

The game kicks you out if you go in reverse. I tried it because I wanted to go the other way and hit people with stars to mess around. Can't even make it around a corner before the game disconnects you.

Emitan

The game kicks you out if you go in reverse. I tried it because I wanted to go the other way and hit people with stars to mess around. Can't even make it around a corner before the game disconnects you.

What the flying fuck? Why would they do this? It's what I do when I have no hope of winning!

Koodo

Banned
God, that Maka Wuhu glitch has just RUINED online. Seeing people spam it just so they can hit the glitch makes me sad.
It's such a downgrade from the Wii's glitch track. Grumble Volcano required ~skill and grace~ while any hoe can do the Maka Wuhu glitch.

Top Bottom