• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
These Daisys clearly have hax.

Shot a red shell at one, it did a u-turn and hit me in the face. I don't trust them. Not one bit.

cpcz6.jpg

Dr Prob

Banned
Totally fell off Bowser's castle in 1st on purpose so that I'd be passed, and then the new leader would get blued.

My strats are that deep.

Luigi87

My Starfox skills mean nothing in Mario Kart aerial combat.

Edit: 2 Lucky 7s, and I still come in last... Not a good round for me x.x

My Starfox skills mean nothing in Mario Kart aerial combat.

Oh man, nailing someone with a green shell while in flight is my new favorite thing in Mario Kart, feels so damn satisfying to pull off.

The single player is really pissing me off, I'm trying to three star all of 150cc, I've done about half of it but the remaining cups are just really annoying. It seems like every single time I try a cup, three of the races are just laughably easy, I'm in 1st a huge majority of the time, and then randomly of them one of the AI will be impossible to catch and I'll end in 2nd.

And then there's a few, the Mushroom cup especially, where I've beaten them like over five times with 40 points but get 2 stars.

I noticed the game doesn't punish you as much as Mario Kart Wii but it still has its flaws. For one, I think the lack of a mission mode is disappointing. That really added to the meat of Mario Kart DS. I also feel like the task of just playing GP and unlocking characters feels a little too routine. I like the new tracks but everything feels automatic for me. There's no soaking up the newness anymore. Anyone else feel this?

dwu8991

Banned
I noticed the game doesn't punish you as much as Mario Kart Wii but it still has its flaws. For one, I think the lack of a mission mode is disappointing. That really added to the meat of Mario Kart DS. I also feel like the task of just playing GP and unlocking characters feels a little too routine. I like the new tracks but everything feels automatic for me. There's no soaking up the newness anymore. Anyone else feel this?

Nintendo made sure that the game appealed to everyone first and foremost.
They needed the game out this year, so the mission mode got axed.
Highly recommend you play battle mode if you get sick of racing Grand Prixs !!!

zoukka

So what kart combos are ya'll using? I feel like I'm going only half the speed of everyone sometimes.

I assume an equivalent to the broken yoshi egg from MKDS and bikes from MKWii has been found by now?

I always go for max speed stat, but in online mode that is suicide.

where do I see my friend code? how can I race against you guys?

You find your friend code in the Orange smiley face menu on the main 3DS Home menu.

You don't need friend codes to play with us. Mario Kart has a Community Feature where you can join the GAF community in the Online section of the game. Just quote the OP and you'll see the GAF Community Codes hidden in the quote tag.

Boken

Banned
"HI I'M DAISY!"

http://i.imgur.com/hmZYk.png[img]

And the N64 tracks are the worst ones.[/QUOTE]
Hi, Daisy.
[IMG]http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10300000/Tennis-Daisy-princess-daisy-10332931-300-398.jpg

Also, for this page...
NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

NeoGAF Mirror Mode All Items

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS
TO VIEW CODES, QUOTE THIS POST

Just got the game. LOVE the driving mechanics so far. They feel even better than MKWii. How do you go about joining communities or games of people not in your friends list?

Glassboy

Yeah gg'es. I'm gonna have to practice a bit lol. I still wasn't able to pull off that boost at the start of the race. I'll figure it out...hopefully lol

I know I'm not saying anything new, but worldwide racing is an absolute mess because of that glitch. Over and over and over and over again. It just doesn't stop.

If Nintendo's not going to patch the game anytime soon, they could at least acknowledge the problem and/or apologize. It's especially sad because I like Maka Wuhu.

kitch9

Banned
My hate relationship with the damn blue shell continues.....

Apparently if you are in third and 1st and 2nd have crossed the line it will come and fuck you over.

Nintendo should first sort out their online code to fix the connection errors. It's so frustrating getting disconnected all the time, it becomes unplayable. Very poor..

I haven't experienced this once. I'm not denying its existence. It's just odd.

Lucky you! Many people have been complaining in this thread so I guess it can't be just me. I have even demilitarised my 3DS so I don't think it's a problem with closed ports on my router. In any case it's very off-putting.

CPCunha

MasterShotgun, Anasui Kishibe, gerudoman, Doctor West and Kaijima...added you to friends list cus you're the five ones on top and i want to try this online thing the young ones keep telling me about...am i too late? anyways my info:

Geek 2062 9146 5642

Lets do this!

Boogiepop

Oh nice, just looked it up and saw that apparently you can get the last unlockable part from a crapload of coins instead of just a crapload of worldwide ranking points. No need to deal with Maka Wuhu spammer dicks just for unlockables, yay!

You find your friend code in the Orange smiley face menu on the main 3DS Home menu.

You don't need friend codes to play with us. Mario Kart has a Community Feature where you can join the GAF community in the Online section of the game. Just quote the OP and you'll see the GAF Community Codes hidden in the quote tag.

Thanks. Wheres everyone at? it says there's 400+ people in the community but no one shows up when I select it.

waicol

Banned
Thanks. Wheres everyone at? it says there's 400+ people in the community but no one shows up when I select it.

400+ people are suscribed, to check if there are games going on just see the top right. If none, just join a room and wait for people to join, or better make a reply on this thread so people join quicker. You can even post from the 3ds as you can suspend the game while online.

Does everyone get dealt the same 'Mario Cup' Community? I was curious why only around 50,000 had tried playing in it.
Actually maybe that's not so strange.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
400+ people are suscribed, to check if there are games going on just see the top right. If none, just join a room and wait for people to join, or better make a reply on this thread so people join quicker. You can even post from the 3ds as you can suspend the game while online.
Actually we are now 495 in the community, 20% of all GAF members :)

Does everyone get dealt the same 'Mario Cup' Community? I was curious why only around 50,000 had tried playing in it.
Actually maybe that's not so strange.

I don't think it's that strange at all. Out of the ~1 million (lol made up sales figure) or so games that have been sold, only a small percent (about 30-40% I'd guess) even have gone online. Out of that percent, most people will just hit the "play worldwide" online button and not bother scrolling down to the Communities Tab. An even smaller percentage of people have clicked onto the Communities Tab and joined into the Mario Cup community races.
So with all that considered, seeing that ~5% of the community has went into the Mario Cup races is a pretty reasonable figure I'd say.

Someone post when the Group #1 race in the community finishes so I know when to join please. :)

EDIT: Well now 2 others have joined so we have 4 (Edit: 5 now!). Just come and join our group now, haha.

Top Bottom