• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

midonnay

Mushroom at the correct time will allow you to not get hit by a blue shell.

I thought I dodged it once on rainbow road when I fell off the ramp....

but it spins around for awhile lost..... then fucking jumps down and follows you... creepy :/

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Does anyone know the criterea of getting a 3 star ranking in a cup? I just finished the Star cup...I ended with 40 points, averaged about 8 coins per finish, stayed on course most of the time ( I went off course maybe 2 times ) and I got hit by some blue shells but still won every race. I got only 2 stars for that. wtf

Criteria:

Rocket starts
Coins
How long you've been first
Total Time
How big is the difference in total points earned between you and the closest rival
Number of items used (misses)
Number of item boxes hit (the more the merrier)
Number of spin outs (items\hazards)
Number of hits (projectiles AND course barries/hazards/falling off track)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
i'm not sure. do they take that into account? If you're blue shelled there are no preventative measures to take

Absolutely. One of the most important criteria.
Also to avoid blue shells you need to mushroom turbo (I have never been able with just the power slide turbo) when the shell takes a dive on you.

The hilarious thing I didn't know is that if for whatever reason the blu shell misses you because you were on a part of the track that wouldn't allow that or you've fallen off track but still first, it'll just do another whole lap and get you back! LOL, it's ruthless

Is it just me or does anyone else get communication errors when staying in the lobby for a few minutes? I got disconnected twice while waiting in Mr. Pickles and FerRocker's lobby. Sorry guys.

tomorrow tomorrow, goin to bed now

I hope my connection doesn't crap out when we race tomorrow.

Streetpassed somebody today that had the game.

I seem to remember reading that this automatically adds them to your friends list, though I may be mistaken.

What else did this do?

Tyeforce

Streetpassed somebody today that had the game.

I seem to remember reading that this automatically adds them to your friends list, though I may be mistaken.

What else did this do?
It doesn't add them to your Friend List, but they do get added to your Mario Kart Channel, and you can join their race if they're racing online just as if they were in your Friend List. Their Mii may also randomly appear in a Grand Prix if you're playing single player. And you also exchange ghost data.

Trying to get used to the slick tires tendency to be, well, slick.

The speed is too good to pass up.

Yeah, been doing the same for a few days now. You have to take your lines reeeeeaaaaly wide and you have to be able to make more difficult decisions on the fly, but man those things are good for light characters.

And Koopopolis becomes a nightmare with those wet roads.

I'll join in then.

And what the hell is Koopopolis?

Neo Bowser whatchamacallit, Koopopolis is the localized name in some regions and it's much better. Maybe if we pretend the other names don't exist, Nintendo will keep it when they make Mario Kart U with every single previous MK track

Neo Bowser whatchamacallit, Koopopolis is the localized name in some reasons and it's much better. Maybe if we pretend the other names don't exist, Nintendo will keep it when they make Mario Kart U with every single previous MK track

Oh yeah. Why would they do that?

By the way, I am sitting in an empty lobby. I would think a gaming board such as GAF would have more Mario Kart'ers, especially so close to the game's release.

Criteria:

Rocket starts
Coins
Total Time
How big is the difference in total points earned between you and the closest rival

Are you sure or is that just your best guess?

Good games. Might stick with Barrel Train and mushroom wheels for awhile. Seemed pretty good.

Good ones. I haven't unlocked the Barrel Train yet.

Thanks for teaching me a few tricks. I had no idea about that bouncing thing on Mario Circuit that lets you cut that corner. And apparently Dino Jungle is faster to go the gliding path versus the water spout path. You were cutting me off there with or without a mushroom.

kitch9

Banned
If they don't patch the glitch I will trade my 3ds for a Vita and never buy a Nintendo console again.

Mistakes happen, but forcing paying customers to live with them is unforgivable imo.

If they don't patch the glitch I will trade my 3ds for a Vita and never buy a Nintendo console again.

Mistakes happen, but forcing paying customers to live with them is unforgivable imo.

Trade in now to get the most money because they're never going to patch it. Or just play with GAF.

Nintendo isn't going to hot fix an online game. You know this to be true.

I'm going to chill in the community room for a while before I head to bed—there are two of us in here already.

I just rage quit my first Mario Kart online match in several years. 6 people - yes, six of them - spammed Maka Wuhu and all 7 of the other racers exploited the glitch. I just can't take it.

Edit: You guys must not be playing much WW if you don't think it's a serious issue. It totally ruins the flow and the fun of random, online gaming.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I strongly prefer racing GAF. But there aren't always people to race, and the vast majority of races I've been in have been 4 players or less. Racing with friends in WW was the major selling point for me, and it's incredibly frustrating to have to deal with the way things are currently.

Criteria:

Rocket starts
Coins
Total Time

Dammit, is your hit percentage with items really one of the criteria? I've been getting two stars with 40 points like crazy recently, and whenever I have an item I always just shoot it off behind me when I see some item boxes on the off chance I hit someone behind me. Guess I'll stop doing that.

How do items like the Tanooki suit and fire flower factor into that? If you activate them but then don't use them do they still count as a "miss?"

Tyeforce

I'm going to chill in the community room for a while before I head to bed—there are two of us in here already.

I just rage quit my first Mario Kart online match in several years. 6 people - yes, six of them - spammed Maka Wuhu and all 7 of the other racers exploited the glitch. I just can't take it.

Edit: You guys must not be playing much WW if you don't think it's a serious issue. It totally ruins the flow and the fun of random, online gaming.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I strongly prefer racing GAF. But there aren't always people to race, and the vast majority of races I've been in have been 4 players or less. Racing with friends in WW was the major selling point for me, and it's incredibly frustrating to have to deal with the way things are currently.
It is annoying, but I don't let it bother me. Yeah, I think it should be fixed, as it is unfortunate that people can (and will) skip a whole half of the track, but in the mean time I just adapt. If I'm playing Worldwide, I know people are going to exploit the glitch, so I do it as well. If I'm playing in a fair Community, however, I don't exploit the glitch.

It is annoying, but I don't let it bother me. Yeah, I think it should be fixed, as it is unfortunate that people can (and will) skip a whole half of the track, but in the mean time I just adapt. If I'm playing Worldwide, I know people are going to exploit the glitch, so I do it as well. If I'm playing in a fair Community, however, I don't exploit the glitch.

I get that it's only one track, but it's chosen literally every other race most of the time I race WW. And though I know where the glitch is and that you need a mushroom to do it, I haven't looked up specifically how to do it. I really shouldn't be expected to cheat just so I can get a race over more quickly -- just so that same race can be chosen again, and so on.

I don't care about my VR. I care about having fun, and this glitch really frustrates that goal. It would be like playing Mario Party with the same minigame being chosen, or a multiplayer FPS with the same map and the same weapon being chosen every time. It's not just annoying, it ruins the experience.

I really wish Nintendo would even just say something, anything, even if it's to say "yeah, sorry, we know about it but we can't do anything about it".

Edit:

Moblin, you're too good at this video game. >:C
;)

Koodo

Banned
I've been playing WW all day and Maka Wuhu has only been chosen a handful of times (a big chunk randomly).

It's annoying, but I think it's a problem that only plagues lower ranks in random matches. The demonic 5k-10k fiends I'm getting paired with now (1) don't care about that track, nor (2) do they need it to get points.

So, while it is an issue and a glaring oversight on Nintendo's parts, it does kinda go away on its own after a while.

I've been playing WW all day and Maka Wuhu has only been chosen a handful of times (a big chunk randomly).

Get on now! I quit and restarted 5 different WW rooms in a row because of the Maka Wuhu spamming. Thank god there are a few GAFfers playing at the moment.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Green shells passing through my bananas to fuck me over right at the end of the last lap...yeah I think I need a break. Good races guys.

Top Bottom