• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Chao

Not everybody

tumblr_lsiri9uQsf1qe3nd8o1_500.png

This game seriously needs some kind of voice chat, but it will never happen. This is Nintendo after all.

Totally agree.. They already have all the mics on every system anyways, what's the use in having it if they don't use it ever?

EDIT: Yay, 8 person GAF races are the best kinds of races.

BooJoh

I haven't been playing online much, is this Maka Wuhu deal really that bad? From the comments I'm seeing it sounds like it's already as bad as snaking was in MKDS. Sucks too, since Maka Wuhu is my favorite new track. I didn't even know there was an exploit.

I haven't been playing online much, is this Maka Wuhu deal really that bad? From the comments I'm seeing it sounds like it's already as bad as snaking was in MKDS. Sucks too, since Maka Wuhu is my favorite new track. I didn't even know there was an exploit.

If you're lucky (or if you're playing with a bunch of friends), you can go for a while on Worldwide without running into Maka Wuhu. But since release day, literally every time the track has been chosen somebody has exploited the glitch. And it's very, very common to get placed in groups that choose the track over and over for that purpose.

If the glitch were fixed (or didn't exist in the first place), that mode would be amazing. It's already better coded than MKWii.

Boogiepop

So, I'm going through Special Mirror again, the last cup I need to get 1 star in for the Golden Tires, doing pretty well up until Rainbow Road, where I'm acing it... up until around that tunnel. A CPU bumps me and my kart just gets kinda caught... sideways, which took at least 15-20 seconds to get out of. Places me way in last, and I'm just like "GODDAMNIT!" till the results, where it turns out that while I got third... I still got one star, which still counts. Neat.

It's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as snaking. It's just a glitch in ONE course that allows you to jump ahead. Play in the GAF community or others and it's not as big a deal

Emitan

How hard exactly would it be to fix the glitch?

They could either just put up a barrier so you can't fall off there which would be incredibly simple. Or they could just make the game know where you where before you fell to determine where you should end up. The second one is harder but would leave the track unaltered.

I have no idea how easy it is to patch a 3DS game or if it's even possible to patch this game.

That's not the issue. Nintendo won't do it. They simply won't.

I mean, that's not necessarily true...there have been glitches in Pokemon games with certain moves and they've been able to just ban those moves online. I'm sure they could patch this up, especially since the 3DS supports patches or do something

I mean, that's not necessarily true...there have been glitches in Pokemon games with certain moves and they've been able to just ban those moves online. I'm sure they could patch this up, especially since the 3DS supports patches or do something

We can only hope.

I love playing in communities, but to me Worldwide is the bread and butter of playing MK online. It's not an insignificant issue.

just heard about this little cheat today. really, what is the fun in playing the game if people are going to race on a single track over and over again solely to cheat? pretty sad, too, because I like that track.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't think the 3DS does either. I doubt it'll get fixed, unless the server is able to verify sector times after a race or something.
It would be sweet if they were able to compare times and then subtrack 100pts from anyone with an impossibly fast time.

I'm in a WW with a bunch of 1000-levels and a Wario that is 8000-level. He escapes the pack early and has gotten first by half a map each race. I don't even know how this is fun for him. He might as well be playing time trials.

Dr Prob

Banned
I'm in a WW with a bunch of 1000-levels and a Wario that is 8000-level. He escapes the pack early and has gotten first by half a map each race. I don't even know how this is fun for him. He might as well be playing time trials.

Wario users are fucked up.

Know what's crazy in this game?

Well, I'm not going to wait for anyone to ask "what?"

The drafting, man. You go like, superfast. But then sometimes you draft by mistake and get into bad situations. And those are my thoughts on drafting.

Wario users are fucked up.

Know what's crazy in this game?

Well, I'm not going to wait for anyone to ask "what?"

The drafting, man. You go like, superfast. But then sometimes you draft by mistake and get into bad situations. And those are my thoughts on drafting.

You know what sucks? Two WW matches in a row where a blue shell hits you (read: me) inches away from the finish line and the same guy you (read: me) definitively outraced earlier passes you (read: me).

Top Bottom