• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Had to leave but GGs. That last match left me salty... :p!

GG's. You didn't do worse than I did on the last match though. I underestimated how long one of the Rosalinas would have a bullet bill effect behind me, and I got smacked with no chance of coming back.

We simply share excellent taste in character choice, that's all.

Unfortunately, you also share taste in ranking and placement. :p

So apparently you can get kicked for inactivity. I was going to put the system down and let the other two people finish their race since I had no chance of catching up, and I got a "communication error" after 5 seconds of my character being still.

So apparently you can get kicked for inactivity. I was going to put the system down and let the other two people finish their race since I had no chance of catching up, and I got a "communication error" after 5 seconds of my character being still.
Can also get kicked for going backwards too long.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
http://andriasang.com/comzd5/zelda_bug/

If they do a similar patch for MK, I wonder if they have a way of making it mandatory.

Hmm... wouldn't cheer just yet. That sounds like they'll put a program up you can download, that you can have "scrub" your save file every time you get the save bug. Not the same thing as an inline patch that prevents the bug from happening during play. I guess the Wii is really screwed for that :/

On the other hand, the 3DS may be more legitimately patchable. I recall the freeze bug in Ridge Racer was patched in a firmware update.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The more I play this game, the more I begin to believe that this is the worst MK in terms of item rape. The lightning cloud and mega mushroom have nothing on the tanooki tail, stars pop up way too frequently, triple red shells still pretty much guarantee no one will pass you, the blue shell still stuns you for way too long, lightning strikes can still drop you into unavoidable pits and...now you lose coins (and speed) when you get hit by anything.

I know I could just pick communities with fewer items but goddamn I can't believe people think the items in this are any better than the ones in MK Wii.

Gravijah

The more I play this game, the more I begin to believe that this is the worst MK in terms of item rape. The lightning cloud and mega mushroom have nothing on the tanooki tail, stars pop up way too frequently, triple red shells still pretty much guarantee no one will pass you, the blue shell still stuns you for way too long, lightning strikes can still drop you into unavoidable pits and...now you lose coins (and speed) when you get hit by anything.

I know I could just pick communities with fewer items but goddamn I can't believe people think the items in this are any better than the ones in MK Wii.

that only goes for 2nd-8th. if you're in first you're basically invincible, blue shells rarely stop you.

edit: oh, and for the record, i wouldn't use the wuhu glitch in community and i never have. me and boney were doing random ww races and as usual people were spamming the track.

I'm going to be in the community for the next ~45 minutes if anyone wants to race. Currently sitting the lobby alone.

i think im the worst mario kart player ever. any advice for a newbie? :(

The more you play, the better you'll get. And watch how other players take turns, use items, etc. It can be instructive.

Top Bottom