• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

I would rather flip a coin to determine the winner than be in first for 2 3/4 of the race and get hit by a blue shell at the end. Prinny is already better than me, there's just no need for that.

All right. Fuck blue shells. There is no way to play this game competitively.

Final ratio of blue shells that cup:

Me - 4
Prinny - 1
cosmic b - 0

And that's why it's bullshit. I didn't place first once because of that. Maybe the game should actually take that into consideration.

Losing is a weird feeling in this series. On one hand, you are losing and it feels more and more hopeless to win unless someone has kept the leaders close by and in check and in a pack while on the other it lets me get and use all the kickass items you only ever see when you are hit by them in singleplayer. It fun to star people off the road even if they are in 6th place.

Losing is a weird feeling in this series. On one hand, you are losing and it feels more and more hopeless to win unless someone has kept the leaders close by and in check and in a pack while on the other it lets me get and use all the kickass items you only ever see when you are hit by them in singleplayer. It fun to star people off the road even if they are in 6th place.

Thankfully, losing gracefully is a skill I had to learn way back in the days of Super Mario Kart. It can be frustrating as hell unless you're willing to just accept that there are things beyond your control. Sometimes the random number generator works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't.

Koodo

Banned
Blue shells are a bit bad in this game not because they're hindering the leader (that's actually great), but because they're also wreaking havoc on the middle-to-last of the pack who are simultaneously susceptible to a bunch of other weapons. Blue shells should have been kept airborne.

... though I will admit, it's hilarious to see a blue shell take out more than one person ahead.

Anyhow, people seriously need to know how to work blue shells. How to dodge them when possible, and how to use them against other players even when you're the target (i.e. stop to blow up the 2nd and/or 3rd, stop and let the person behind become the target, etc). They're the best item to balance the total chaos for anyone below the #4 position and the relative tranquility for the top three players.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Lobby open with two.

I agree with you somewhat Koodo but I still the ground blue shell is better (and more fair) than the airborne one.

Edit: room of four!

What is lame is that you can see what items other racers have on the bottom screen and Gauge what to do from there. Obviously it has its advantages but slowing down because you see the last place racer has a blue turtle kind of ruins what Mario Kart is all about.

Boney

Banned
Blue Shells being ground based help the one that throws them as well, and I feel that's very important.

But yeah, Blue Shell is the only thing that balances the game, without it, it'd be chaos.

What I'd really like is no more holding items behind you, with 2 items at the same time, you're pretty much invinsible for any projectiles. Should be a return of throw the green shell backwards and prey.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Two player racing is awful. In a tight race I get hit by two blue shells but yet when I'm getting stomped on the next race all I can come up with is the ink squid and green shells.

Edit: What Mario Kart did that Boney? Was it 64?

All right. Fuck blue shells. There is no way to play this game competitively.

Final ratio of blue shells that cup:

Me - 4
Prinny - 1
cosmic b - 0

And that's why it's bullshit. I didn't place first once because of that. Maybe the game should actually take that into consideration.

If it was the case with any of the other players (Prinny or cosmic b) you wouldn't have said anything...that's something to consider

Boney

Banned
Two player racing is awful. In a tight race I get hit by two blue shells but yet when I'm getting stomped on the next race all I can come up with is the ink squid and green shells.

Edit: What Mario Kart did that Boney? Was it 64?

Super Mario Kart

No wait I think I'm making shit up, and it's just that I never knew how as a kid

Point still stands!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Goddamn that Waluigi Pinball race might be the worst I've ever experienced. Blue shelled halfway through the FIRST lap and then my bob-omb explodes out of nowhere towards the end giving me a 3rd.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
it's so tough to join a gaf game......if someone can post when the group is open that'd be awesome.

The community setup is pretty stupid. Rather than autoplacing you into open groups it should show a list of all groups and give you the option of joining groups with races already in progress or making a new one.

The community setup is pretty stupid. Rather than autoplacing you into open groups it should show a list of all groups and give you the option of joining groups with races already in progress or making a new one.
i agree completely.

My game just froze when the game was about to begin cause a new car opened up :(

Man, there's no one in the GAF community right now. BowieZ and I played some 1 on 1, which is actually pretty fun. If you read this Bowie, I got a communications error after you said "One more game."

I'm Brkfst Dog by the way.

BowieZ

Banned
Man, there's no one in the GAF community right now. BowieZ and I played some 1 on 1, which is actually pretty fun. If you read this Bowie, I got a communications error after you said "One more game."

I'm Brkfst Dog by the way.
Loved the consistently close races! But yeah where is err1? Hopefully just trying to get 3 stars in single player
like I did!!!!! :p

Loved the consistently close races! But yeah where is err1? Hopefully just trying to get 3 stars in single player
like I did!!!!! :p

Yeah, it was a good game.

Just played a round with moblin and znarf and it looked like there were some pretty crazy glitches, and the third race znarf kind of shot ahead of us at the beginning, and even though he was in front of us from the beginning he was in third place. I saw him go through an obstacle once too, really weird.

Hopefully a ton of GAFfers are getting this for Christmas, I've had it for a few weeks but haven't really had a chance to play online yet, I figured the GAF community would be full of people.

Man, those slick wheels have a ton of downsides, but once you find a good racing line it's tough to live without them. I still don't know how to deal with Kalimari, though. It's the one course I just can't crack for some reason.

Man, those slick wheels have a ton of downsides, but once you find a good racing line it's tough to live without them. I still don't know how to deal with Kalimari, though. It's the one course I just can't crack for some reason.

I have a feeling those are going to be my preferred wheels too, can't wait until I unlock them. Wish it would have happened before I got to the 500 coins per upgrade range.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Every time I look down at the touch screen in a full race there are at least always two people with power stars. What on earth were they thinking?

Glided into the finish line post, smacking myself into second... I fail. ~_~

Also: blue shell with two players and about ten yards distance between them, lolwut?

Glided into the finish line post, smacking myself into second... I fail. ~_~

Also: blue shell with two players and about ten yards distance between them, lolwut?

yeah, the 2P item distribution is just dumb. Turn off blue shells, stars, triple red shells, and golden mushrooms and let the players duke it out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a feeling those are going to be my preferred wheels too, can't wait until I unlock them. Wish it would have happened before I got to the 500 coins per upgrade range.

I'm at around 3500. Since I've already scored three stars in Grand Prix mode I've been turning my attention to Time Trials. It's a shame you can't grind for coins here though.

Dr Prob

Banned
Moblin has made a power move into third on the GAF Community leaderboard.

I doubt Horse and Bowiez will take this development lying down. To your karts!

Top Bottom