• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

LOL

this dude just ate a blue shell, then a bomb, fire flower and a red shell just about at the same time. i felt so bad for him. its like he pissed off the mario kart Gods or something

this is why i try to avoid #1 until the last lap or something. so dangerous to be on top

Wow, this is the most amazing looking 3DS game yet...and the rainbow road is just epic!

About the glitch, doesn't bother me much...i think everyone should just start doing it since it skips half of the most boring part of the road out of all the tracks in the game. And just because of that, somehow I wouldn't be surprised if the glitch was left in there on purpose.

Let me in

So, you are also getting constant Comm Errors? I spent 10 minutes trying to get into a match... no go.
"Found a group!" .... waiting, waiting....
Eventually had to back out to the OS and start the game again.

Are there any communities that are more populated? Even the official NOA ones are deserted all the time. Would like to play a race with just mushrooms/bananas or something.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting communication errors.

Nintendo's servers are down I guess?

GWX

Man, I notice the crosstalk around the character's heads in the character select screen and around coins in most of the tracks. The 3D effect is beautiful and the game is really smooth (60 fps greatness), but I'm way too sensitive to that shit, not to mention I feel like I'm specifically looking for crosstalk rather than playing and enjoying the game in 3D =(

Steroyd

I just had to pick Wario's fat ass, because I just unlocked him. lol

Do the red shells track you even in the air? That might just be more annoying than the blue shells.

Koodo

Banned
I just had to pick Wario's fat ass, because I just unlocked him. lol

Do the red shells track you even in the air? That might just be more annoying than the blue shells.
They do. They also pack a bigger punch and are more difficult to deviate into a wall/obstacle.

Maybe it was just lag during the races. But good fun was had. The end in Kalimari Desert was so close. Unfortunately I got the brunt force of that one

You can "snake", in the sense that you can do successive drift boosts on a straightaway to go faster than if you had just driven straight. But there are only a few courses where this is a practical solution, because the tracks overall are narrower and the drift mechanics are based more on angle and time than stick toggling.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
500+ members, and I can never find people in the GAF community room :(

More people would use communities if they weren't so poorly implemented. The idea was really promising, but a lack of options + no ability to browse groups or join groups with races already in progress really kill it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, this is definitely the best Mario Kart. Just completed all the Grand Prix cups. Rainbow Road was utterly amazing and this is by far the most fun I've had on the nostalgia tracks from SNES and N64 before.

orioto

Good Art™
I just got the game today, played the 50 and 100cc cups, but this is quiet frustrating for now, i'm not even sure i want to play online :p

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
wtf I got 1st place in all 4 races in 150cc and got 1 star. How the hell do you get 3 stars?

You have to race really well, maintaining first for most of the race. Its one of the areas of Mario Kart that is total bullshit since your perfect runs can be fucked up so easily by items.

Berordn

You have to race really well, maintaining first for most of the race. Its one of the areas of Mario Kart that is total bullshit since your perfect runs can be fucked up so easily by items.

It's also really random too, since sometimes it doesn't seem to be bothered if you lag behind for a while after getting hit, when other times a blue shell will drop you to zero stars.

Just got 1st 7 times in a row in worldwide in 8 player races. Either these guys aren't that good or I'm better than I thought. If it's the latter, then gaf is damn good.

Huff

Banned
This community lobby thing has become extremely frustrating. I can never tell if anyone is fucking on.

I spend most of the time in a group by myself.

Top Bottom