• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just bought this game, and its good old Mario Kart alright, but man does it hurt to play. The small buttons weren't meant to be hold down for several minutes like that, and the bottom left corner of the 3DS kinda hurts my palm too. I can't be the only one right?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just bought this game, and its good old Mario Kart alright, but man does it hurt to play. The small buttons weren't meant to be hold down for several minutes like that, and the bottom left corner of the 3DS kinda hurts my palm too. I can't be the only one right?

No you are not. My hands cramp all the time and both the y button and analog hurt my thumbs.

It's worth it though.

Edit: open lobby with four!

I hear ya man....I have to switch which button I am using for gas a lot of times in the middle of a race just to avoid the pain in my thumb.

How are you holding your system that that's even happening?! Also, if you don't know, Y can be used to accelerate. Makes a BIG difference

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How are you holding your system that that's even happening?! Also, if you don't know, Y can be used to accelerate. Makes a BIG difference

Well, i can't take a picture of how im holding it, but i took some random google image of a hand :
7vKHn.jpg

That's the spot where the bottom left corner hurts. I dunno, maybe i hold it too tightly when im in the action.

Skiesofwonder

Anybody know how in the hell the win/loss counter work? According to it I am:

Wins: 1138
Losses: 749
Coins collected: 3682

Even if I have somehow played 2000 matches, I don't see how I've came in 1st place 1138 times. Maybe they count placing third or higher as winning because your Mii celebrates... It's the only method I can think of that would explain it.

Also sometimes I wonder how well the coin counter actually works.... It's saying I average less then two coins pure match which is impossible (IMO) because I can't even recall the last time I collected less then three.

Side note: I wish community racing went towards your VR. I'm only at 2441 because the majority of my racing is done in the GAF community....

Even if I have somehow played 2000 matches, I don't see how I've came in 1st place 1138 times. Maybe they count placing third or higher as winning because your Mii celebrates... It's the only method I can think of that would explain it.

Also sometimes I wonder how well the coin counter actually works.... It's saying I average less then two coins pure match which is impossible (IMO) because I can't even recall the last time I collected less then three.

Side note: I wish community racing went towards your VR. I'm only at 2441 because the majority of my racing is done in the GAF community....
Every person you beat in a race counts as a win, every person you lose to counts as a loss. If you get first place you get 7 wins, etc.

It's a separate win/loss for each RACER in a race. So 1st place in an 8 player race is +7 wins

Question, has anyone tried any SD card other than the default? I'm curious whether the speed it takes to read it is because the default is simple a cheap (and slow) SD card or if it's simply software related

Skiesofwonder

Every person you beat in a race counts as a win, every person you lose to counts as a loss. If you get first place you get 7 wins, etc.

yikes..... my stats don't look so great now that I know that! Look away people!!!

But that explains my coins, and probably puts me at around 400 races give or take. Everything makes sense now.

Werid system though...

Wolfe

I know exactly what you mean I get the same issue in the same spot on the same hand. Look up the Hori Mario Kart 7 wheel on Amazon, I love it and highly recommend.

TeegsD

Playing with only 2 people is no fun especially when you are far behind and the only help you get is blooper. Alas, I played very badly too. Keep making stupid mistakes when I play online.

Tunavi

Banned
That feel when you use the invincibility star, someone uses lightning, and you just power through that fucking lightning like a boss

happened to me twice yesterday haha

giggas

We got three people ready in the lobby and waiting for more... come on and lets do this folks.

edit: Nice, four at the last second.

giggas

We got 6 people right now.

More people come in!

Aww I shoulda waited around. The two rounds were three people each, though they both started with four but someone bailed after the first race on each. It was fun though, both rounds were really tight going into the final race nearly tied up.

Top Bottom