• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Has Nintendo said anything about that bullshit shortcut in one of the race? Wahu something? Can they eventually patch it?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Has Nintendo said anything about that bullshit shortcut in one of the race? Wahu something? Can they eventually patch it?

A few people have said they've received e-mails from Nintendo saying they are aware of it, but they won't update it because "it would give an unfair advantage to owners of the original version" or something like that.

Not sure how true that is, but if it is it confirms the game has no ability to be patched which sounds more than likely. It's pretty disgusting that they will be selling DLC in Fire Emblem before putting out patches to fix games.

A few people have said they've received e-mails from Nintendo saying they are aware of it, but they won't update it because "it would give an unfair advantage to owners of the original version" or something like that.

Not sure how true that is, but if it is it confirms the game has no ability to be patched which sounds more than likely. It's pretty disgusting that they will be selling DLC in Fire Emblem before putting out patches to fix games.

What does that even mean Nintendo?
-.-

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That's one of the worst reason i ever heard, and honestly if i ever get that place again and see someone using that stupid shortcut, i'll just disconnect.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
What does that even mean Nintendo?
-.-

It depends on how you interpret it, but to me it sounds like they can't update existing copies and only copies manufactured after a fix would not be able to perform the glitch.

In other words, the game is not patchable. Not the smartest thing to do with a game that is going to be immensely popular. Any other developer would find a workaround, which I'm sure is possible, but this is Nintendo.

Top Bottom