• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

tzare

I still don't really understand why people who don't like the glitch do it anyways.

Are the potential VR points gained really that much of an incentive?
Is it really going to wound your pride if you don't do the glitch and end up coming in 5th (or worse)?
Is the compulsion to take first more important than the desire to have fun on the track?

The VR points gained from any single race really aren't that significant, although I suppose you could argue that the collective total from cheating on Maka Wuhu adds up. The pride thing confuses me somewhat, as genuinely good players don't really have anything to prove—they end up doing well in almost every other race. And I understand the desire to be on top, but there can only be one person who finishes first in a race. If six people are doing the glitch, five won't win. Doing the glitch improves your chances of winning only marginally.

Needless to say, Maka Wuhu would be a lot more fun if people who were complaining about it didn't do it in the first place. Even if one or two or three people cheated, you would still have a pretty fun race. But there's this bizarre sense of obligation to cheat and then promptly come on the internet and whine about cheating. If you don't like it, don't do it.

i found the issue yesterday for the first time (since i know the glitch exists, sure i have met it before and did not notice), people were selecting that track every fucking time, 2 or 3 of them, and after 4 times in a row decided to see how do the glitch and i did it myself, won them and left searching for another group without assholes. Bad luck. Fell again in the same group. QUit online frustrated.

Nintendo needs to fix this. They can

tsab

I was playing worldwide yesterday with people I know IRL and 4 anonymous. I didn't expect a 33yo acquaintance of mine would be the only one to spam the Maka Wuhu and do the glitch!
I am 90% certain we were racing with kids also and only a 33yo dude was cheating, I fell sorry for him...

I'm confused on this part.
In Super Mario Bros., the cloud and bush sprites were the same; they just used a palette swap:

KQXud.jpg

Nintendo apparently paid homage to this bit of trivia by replicating the "cloudbush" in the Piranha Plant stage:

RD6zc.jpg

Never played mario kart before. Is this game good?

Yes, if you know what to expect. Getting frustrated about items is part of the experience, so don't take it too seriously and you should have a great time.

Nintendo apparently paid homage to this bit of trivia by replicating the "cloudbush" in the Piranha Plant stage:

That's hilarious. One of the things I love about Nintendo games is that they always do these little Easter eggs.

I was re-watching the Super Mario 3D Land SuperPlay video that Nintendo posted. I beat the game 100%, and I saw stuff that was entirely new to me. Like one part where if you kick a stone into a warp pipe, a 1up comes out. Who would even try that? And you can do it maybe once or twice in the whole game, but they put it in anyway.

SoulstealerMex

Neo Member
I never do the glitch in community races or worldwides with people I "know". That includes friends or GAFers who join through the recently played list or whatever. Totally fine with finishing 6th 7th and 8th or whatever. It's Mario Kart, who cares?

But alone in random WW rooms where people just pick it over and over, I'll do it faster and more efficiently than these useless cocksuckers until they start picking something else. And they do.

This is true, some times there are like 3-5 players picking that course and doing the glitch but when you wipe their asses (doing the glitch :( ) and good skills they would either stop picking it or will leave the room (I have seen it at least 3 times).

I guess they will keep picking it for easy VRs, but when someone who knows his ways in mk destroys them in every waka wuhu race they stop or rage quit.

Also, I love how some people rage at the blue shell, is winning that important to you or enjoying the game? Besides not in every race you get blue shelled to death, I can usually eat one blue shell and still win. This game is like crack sadly I don't have a constant internet connection and will play online in short burst. I'm actually looking forward for some gaf community races, WW is far too easy (maybe because I only have like 2k VR) in the meantime I will keep playing time trails (some japanese ghosts are totally insane)

Amppelix

Neo Member
Honestly though, it's just another problem with a game that should have been much better than it is. It's almost fitting that a lazy copy/paste job from Wii Sports Resort (one of TWO) should have a track ruining glitch.

Hold on, lazy copy-paste? There was no racing in Wii Sports Resort. The tracks were made for this game. I guess they probably used the island model from the flying game as a base, but that's kind of the point.

Frost_Ace

how the hell someone just hit by a shell surpass my without boost is beyond me

EDIT: third time a fucking blue shell hits me as soon as I'm first. FUCK.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This is the first time I went online with this, does it really not have a way to tell if a group is full? It says 1 group playing, I join, I get into an empty room. Is that 1 group full and it makes me start a second?

kiryogi

Banned
This is the first time I went online with this, does it really not have a way to tell if a group is full? It says 1 group playing, I join, I get into an empty room. Is that 1 group full and it makes me start a second?

Not full but if it's started already then you can't join it until it's finished... The matchmaking here isn't the best unfortunately. But once you get things rolling, it's a blast.

SmithnCo

If a group is playing you can't join with them, only waiting lobbies.

Every once in awhile it will throw you into the second race, but there seems to be no logic to how and when it happens.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Thanks for clarifying the community stuff, makes sense I guess. Damn nintendo. :p

Annnnd, I fell off 2 times at the end of rainbow road and got knocked off a third. :(

Join mirror people!

TeegsD

Got d/c'd and when I tried joining again got the same error. Gonna keep trying

We have 3 now, one more would be perfect!

Top Bottom