• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Tunavi

Banned
this one little shit keeps voting for Maka wuhu every game, he cheats and gets first place. Every other race he comes in dead last.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Made it to 1st on a Wuhu Loop race with a blue shell...only to have two people exploit the glitch at the end and show up 20 yards ahead of me. I knocked one of them back into 6th with the blue shell but getting 2nd in what should have been a guaranteed first sucks bad. Thanks for not testing/patching your game, Nintendo.

Unicorn

Aw man, there's a glitch on Wuhu Loop too? Damn son

If the Time Trials are anything to go by, Bowser Castle (GBA) has something where you can boost and jump into a wall, glitch through and land in the lava, only to be picked up and be put halfway around the course.

Though, the top TT dude is only shaving a second off his time, because the 2nd place guy does it legit, but a second slower.

Koodo

Banned
If the Time Trials are anything to go by, Bowser Castle (GBA) has something where you can boost and jump into a wall, glitch through and land in the lava, only to be picked up and be put halfway around the course.

Though, the top TT dude is only shaving a second off his time, because the 2nd place guy does it legit, but a second slower.
There's a way to look at time trial ghosts?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

Honestly, it's not a big deal to me if it's just a second or two off the clock with these glitches. It's the ones that let you forgo a chunk of the map or you know, lots of seconds altogether. Those are the one's that really suck since they'll kinda screw you over in a race online :/

But i'm not gonna lie, if i'm on maka wuhu and everyone is about to jump off the cliff to do the glitch, i'll do it too. real talk.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
But i'm not gonna lie, if i'm on maka wuhu and everyone is about to jump off the cliff to do the glitch, i'll do it too. real talk.

Everyone should be doing it at this point (unless it's in a friendly community race). The only positive outcome of the Maka Wuhu glitch is that maybe the next Mario Kart will support patches...four years from now.

Koodo

Banned
Let's be real, the abridged Maka when everyone is exploiting the glitch is much more fun than the full race. It's total chaos in front of the glitch spot. Reminds me of Baby Park even if just for a second.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Everyone should be doing it at this point (unless it's in a friendly community race). The only positive outcome of the Maka Wuhu glitch is that maybe the next Mario Kart will support patches...four years from now.
After the SS save dealio, I'm hoping they have the foresight to allow title updates for all their games. But honestly though, I'm really not expecting that to happen.

Let's be real, the abridged Maka when everyone is exploiting the glitch is much more fun than the full race. It's total chaos in front of the glitch spot. Reminds me of Baby Park even if just for a second.
Haha, basically. I remember getting lightning there and trying to screw everyone on the cliff but I flubbed it by holding too long.

clemenx

Banned
OH GOD. Finally bought this, I'll be playing some SP before joining the comunity.

Mario Kart is like my drug of choice, My 3DS will be pretty busy the next couple of months.

I'll leave my friend code for the List :D

4167-5056-7285

n8

Unconfirmed Member
*looks at community standings*

lol @ Blue Ivy C

and dammit, when will the leaderboard be reset?

If I was to take a guess on how much I've lost and played over a month, points you earn last one month. It's not that it's reset in total, but total points and racer count over a month's time.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
If that track is a retro over Piranha Plant Slide or Wario Shipyard, I'll know Nintendo has been trolling with MK since Super Circuit.

I'm assuming MK8 will have a new gimmick and tracks that rely heavily on underwater driving won't be returning for awhile....at least I hope not. Wario Shipyard is terrible.

andthebeatgoeson

I've played Mario Kart before but never used drifting or power sliding. The 150cc class demands it, it seems. Can someone go over the technique so I can do it regularly, with ease? Thxkbye

Wichu

I've played Mario Kart before but never used drifting or power sliding. The 150cc class demands it, it seems. Can someone go over the technique so I can do it regularly, with ease? Thxkbye

Immediately before taking a corner, start drifting in that direction. You still have some control over your cart even while in a drift; try to take the corner as tightly as possible without crashing. When you see sparks behind your wheels, stop drifting to get a speed boost (but wait until you're out of the corner first). Turning more tightly during a drift means you get sparks sooner. After a while, you'll get used to how long it takes (varies per kart).

Just practise it a bit, and it should become second nature ;)

SmithnCo

At just about every turn you should hold R to start drifting until you see blue or red sparks, then release to get a speed boost. You might need to practice a little to get the hang of it, but it's pretty easy.

Remember to press R on jumps as well to do tricks. This applies to small bumps in the road too, pretty much anything that gets you even a little airtime.

I'm up for a race in the GAF 150cc All Items community if anyone's up for it? :)

God I hate fucking cheaters; some folks seemingly teleport to a mile away. :/ No honor man, NO HONOR! :mad:

orioto

Good Art™
Soooo, how does that thing works ? I joined the all item 150cc group and i'm meant to send some message but i can't send it...

SmithnCo

Does character selection matter at all in this game, or does it come down to how you set up your kart?

The characters have different weight classes that affect the stats. Heavier characters have higher speed but are worse off-road, etc. Wiki probably has all the character's weights.

This might be a stupid question, but do you lose all your points in the community rooms if you dont play the game in a while? I haven't played online for over 3 weeks.
I used to have hundreds of points, but now I don't have any.

Top Bottom