• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Sinthetic

storafötter;33126328 said:
One thing I haven't quite understood is how you create that temporary boost, and I dont mean the drift boost but the one where you would continue with like a "wind" effect behind you.

Get close and right behind another racer and stay there for a few seconds. Slipstream.

Also, tricks are activated by hopping at the peak of a ramp/raise if anyone was wondering.

Kleevah

How does the star-ranking work? I won solidly on all the 50cc cups, yet on some of them I only got 2/3 stars. Is it based on the total time or something?

Berordn

How does the star-ranking work? I won solidly on all the 50cc cups, yet on some of them I only got 2/3 stars. Is it based on the total time or something?

On the DS and Wii it's based on things like how many opponents you hit, how many times you get hit, how long you were in first place, how good your driving was and so on. There was an invisible score in those that also factored in your GP score and your ranking would be based on that final one. It seems like they changed a few of the requirements for a high rank, but it still follows the same idea.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Wii version also based it on how clean you ran. Don't go off course (or drive on dirt), don't spin out, don't get hit by too many items, don't get less than 1st place, and BE in 1st place most of the race, and have a great time. Getting triple stars on some of the 150cc courses was maddening.

dock

Despite shipping on Wednesday night, today's postman delivered nothing but sorrow and betrayal. SADFACE.

I hope it arrives tomorrow.

What do I need to do to be part of the neogaf races?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think you know.

Mii I unlocked by finishing all of the
50cc races.

edit: WTF unskippable credits?

I would make the trip uptown, but TRU is having a Buy 1 Get 1 40% off on all 3DS / DS / Wii titles. And we were going to pick up two copies. Oh well :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So this game is pretty fun.

You use put [ email] [ /email] tags around what you want to hide, and then you have to quote the person to see the hidden text. It basically protects it from lurkers, or whatever.
I think I got it working. The codes aren't showing up for me at the moment anyways.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So there's a course inspired by
Wii Music
in the flower cup. So I guess there's at least 2 fans of the game out there, me and one bloke on the Mario Kart 7 development team.

It's here

YFMXr.jpg

And now, let's do this!

Add Tales of the Abyss and we have the exact same 3DS collection! (even the same version of Nintendogs)
I think we should...like, be friends....or something

Volodja

Just arrived home with my copy.
It could be a problem for me to handle this game and Tales of the Abyss at the same time but it seems like a good problem to have.
Already added the two communities.

Boney

Banned
can't believe all you filthy pirates are playing this already aaaaaaaaaaa

btw my avatar gets credited to chet and his awesome flash extirpation techniques and dark magic to create legs

Okay, don't jump me, but for someone who's probably not going to get a lot of chances to play this multiplayer wise, is it good with the single player? I've never been big on the Mario Kart series cause there was never much to do by myself but I do love Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing. Is there anything from those games, like challenges and collectables wise to get like in this game?

Berordn

Okay, don't jump me, but for someone who's probably not going to get a lot of chances to play this multiplayer wise, is it good with the single player? I've never been big on the Mario Kart series cause there was never much to do by myself but I do love Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing. Is there anything from those games, like challenges and collectables wise to get like in this game?

It's missing some SP-centric features, such as Versus mode for single player (and I have no idea if there's any way to play a single course since everyone seems to be jumping online) and the challenges from MKDS, but there's plenty to unlock and do in Grand Prix mode. It looks like most of the meat is in the online this time, though.

It's missing some SP-centric features, such as Versus mode for single player (and I have no idea if there's any way to play a single course since everyone seems to be jumping online) and the challenges from MKDS, but there's plenty to unlock and do in Grand Prix mode. It looks like most of the meat is in the online this time, though
Alright, I guess I'll pick it up then. Having it around when I do feel like or have time to play it online would be good, plus it's not like it's ever going to drop in price, haha.

Just got my ass kicked in two races by a fellow GAFfer, unfortunately hadn't realised the time I've got to bail out and go to my evening job! I will likely sink hours into this later on!

Sinthetic

How does this Community thing work? I've entered the GAF one and joined, it's just the Globe and my Mii in a bubble and on the bottom screen are some messages to choose from.

Do I just wait it out?

EDIT: It's just me and Marco.... annnnnd he rage quit.

seady

How does this Community thing work? I've entered the GAF one and joined, it's just the Globe and my Mii in a bubble and on the bottom screen are some messages to choose from.

Do I just wait it out?

EDIT: It's just me and Marco.... annnnnd he rage quit.

Same here. I assume not many people are playing. At least not now.

Wizpig

So if friends of a GAFfer see him playing in the GAF community they can join the game even if they don't have the code.

Another consideration: two days ago i'm sure i got a mushroom (to avoid the blue shell) when i was first; i even wrote it here.
But after that i never got another one. :|

Last thing: i miss a "friends lobby" option.
Sure, you can join your friend when he is playing Worldwide or Community, but in a friends lobby you could change 150cc/mirror/battle when you want: in community, you can't.

edit. for US gaffers: does the MK7 US box have the little drawings in the eco-friendly thingies, like Mario 3D Land and StarFox?

Reknoc

Another consideration: two days ago i'm sure i got a mushroom (to avoid the blue shell) when i was first; i even wrote it here.
But after that i never got another one. :|

You do get mushrooms when in first, but it's a pretty low chance.

disco

Came home from college, there lying on the door matt was my Amazon parcel. Opened it up, popped it in, immediately went online and played against a ton of Japanese dudes. Was so awesome. Nintendo makes me very happy indeed.

Registered codes too as well. First time I've used Club Nintendo in about 6 years. Can't wait for that Kid Icarus freebie!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I've gone through all the tracks on 50cc.

Have to say the selection of retro tracks is top notch. So many of my favourite made it in. I almost worry for Mario Kart 8 now.

Just saw the reviews index, so a 3/5 from Giant Bomb??? they're clearly the site to avoid for Anything Nintendo related it seems.....
Yeah man, like look at their Wii Sports Resort, Ocarina of Time 3D, Metroid Other M, Epic Yarn, Super Mario 3D Land and Galaxy 2reviews. Should definitely avoid that site.

Get close and right behind another racer and stay there for a few seconds. Slipstream.

Also, tricks are activated by hopping at the peak of a ramp/raise if anyone was wondering.

Oh that is interesting! Thanks for the explanation.
Yeah I actually accidentally did tricks in the game so familiar with that.

Top Bottom