• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Volodja

Just done my first online race, it was silky smooth. It's a little hard to say anything more considering that it was just me against another player.

Bumhead

Banned
Just got the game today, UK.

Absolutely love it. Its incredibly addictive. Only done the Mushroom cup on 50cc in terms of single player but online is great. Been an incredibly smooth, easy and hassle free experience for me whether playing friends, randoms or in communities. Is this Nintendo? Is this real life?

When you google or yelp game shops, in the reviews people mention of the store breaks street dates.... imjustsayin....

387413_2588998398807_1069985230_2884156_1889662068_n.jpg

Too bad I can't play my copy till I get off work.... I only normally carry my DSi on me... 3DS is at home... Bahhh

Peru

Aight, giving this neogaf communities thing a go (username askbask)

(thanks to whomever I played against, got scared with the lucky 7 at the end there. disappointed to see there have been no activity in the bob-om-only community..?)

Mlatador

Banned
Holy shit!

I just played it today and... DAMN, the new elements and the course design (there are glider parts, underwater parts, different routes) are just incredible!

But one thing that totally blew me away was the first person view WITH 3D turned on.

(It's takes a whole round to get used to, but then even drifting was no problem)

What an amazing experience! The sense of speed is almost doubled and you really feel like you're right amidst the action!

Pangya

I'd totally head down to LA to try to get this game early, but I don't think waiting 2 days is worth the $15 I could save by just getting it at Kmart instead on Sunday.

Anyone up for an online match right now? I wanna see how rubbish I am or decent.
Okay I just found someone in the gaf room, but the game froze how weird.

Just did a tournament with gaffers which was a lot of fun. I got a connection error unfortunately. Does the game continue if someone loses connection?

dwu8991

Banned
Holy shit!

I just played it today and... DAMN, the new elements and the course design (there are glider parts, underwater parts, different routes) are just incredible!

But one thing that totally blew me away was the first person view WITH 3D turned on.

(It's takes a whole round to get used to, but then even drifting was no problem)

What an amazing experience! The sense of speed is almost doubled and you really feel like you're right amidst the action!

Wheeeeee!!!!!!!

watershed

Banned
I got a spotpass message about MK7 from Konno today so I guess that's what we were subscribing to with those trailers. Same thing happened with 3D Land as well. I hope Nintendo sends more of these in the future giving maybe secrets or hints or something. Each message says "vol. 1".

If there is a flaw with the community system it's the grand prix style, you're automatically locked into 4 races which prevents anyone else from joining that group until they've finished going round with the alternative being that they're left to form up their own group.

So take for example this hypothetical scenario, one group of 4 people have just started race 1 of 4 in the tournament while 2 other people are sitting in their own group playing the waiting game for more players, if the game didn't use the GP system the following race could be a six player outing for all involved but that's not the case. And then there's the other factor of people dropping out mid gp (it could be connection, rage quit, got something else to do, etc) and no one being able to refill the blank spaces left.

Granted this shouldn't be too much of a problem when more people have the game but personally i'd prefer a bunch of single tracks as opposed to a grand prix, makes it a more leap in and leap out system and it's what the rest of the online mode uses as well.

I'm torn between Shyguy and DK as my main man, i've waited all these years for Shyguy to be playable in MK but light characters just feel wrong to me even in the amazing
Koopa Clown Car

Edit: Akimb0, you're were still ruling the roost 15 mins ago if that consoles you

This is great. Great tracks, and I really enjoy the gliding / water sections. On an aesthetic level, there are some really nice lighting effects. It's very noticeably lower poly than its Wii predecessor, but there's obviously a trade-off required in order to get a game running at a flawless 60fps in 3D and I think it's worth it.

Rhod

If there is a flaw with the community system it's the grand prix style, you're automatically locked into 4 races which prevents anyone else from joining that group until they've finished going round with the alternative being that they're left to form up their own group.[/spoiler].

Yeah, that is a shame, which will be a bind for small communities. Also, it is sort of a commitment to jump into multiplayer in this way - you are locked in. Feels less like 'oh, I'll just have a race or two' immediate.

Wizpig

50 Streetpass hits since March
81 Mario Kart Miis since... 3 days (without puzzle pieces!)

Jeez.
At least they are useful for Mario 3D Land.

dwu8991

Banned
If there is a flaw with the community system it's the grand prix style, you're automatically locked into 4 races which prevents anyone else from joining that group until they've finished going round with the alternative being that they're left to form up their own group.

So take for example this hypothetical scenario, one group of 4 people have just started race 1 of 4 in the tournament while 2 other people are sitting in their own group playing the waiting game for more players, if the game didn't use the GP system the following race could be a six player outing for all involved but that's not the case. And then there's the other factor of people dropping out mid gp (it could be connection, rage quit, got something else to do, etc) and no one being able to refill the blank spaces left.

Granted this shouldn't be too much of a problem when more people have the game but personally i'd prefer a bunch of single tracks as opposed to a grand prix, makes it a more leap in and leap out system and it's what the rest of the online mode uses as well.

I'm torn between Shyguy and DK as my main man, i've waited all these years for Shyguy to be playable in MK but light characters just feel wrong to me even in the amazing
Koopa Clown Car

Edit: Akimb0, you're were still ruling the roost 15 mins ago if that consoles you

That's a pretty BIG flaw. Shame Shame Shame.

Wizpig

So is hating on snaking allowed here?
Of course, please continue hating while i go kill the development team for having snaking in this game again.

Looks like it's less game-breaking than DS though.

ps. the Mii character voice is... is... what the fuuuuuu*k, does it change from Mii to Mii? mine is like shy guy on crack or something.

Mistle

Got it! And man, it feels so good to play. The graphics are great too, and controlling the kart feels perfect.

Gonna hop into the gaf community now and try out online. I didn't even know e-mail tags existed until now, that's a really good idea.

Sinthetic

Forgot how frustrating this and MK Wii can be. First the whole way through this online race and I got battered at the last turn, came 7th.

There's a reason why people play with no items.

Wizpig

Forgot how frustrating this and MK Wii can be. First the whole way through this online race and I got battered at the last turn, came 7th.

There's a reason why people play with no items.
A Gaf community with no items would be nice.

The bob-omb one has 0 players, but a no items one would be different i think.

Mistle

To the two people I just raced against, I'm "Sabri".

I assume if I want to be called Mistle I have to change my Mii's name?

Sinthetic

A Gaf community with no items would be nice.

The bob-omb one has 0 players, but a no items one would be different i think.

It's a must mate, I'm not sure it has to be NO items, but the damn frustrating ones for sure (who am I kidding, they are all frustrating when you go from the front to the back in a few seconds).

The Gaf community is obviously pretty low key at the moment, I played 2 cups and won them both, but there were only 3 other players in each... Hope to see them more lively on Sunday/Monday.

I do a comedy news show on youtube and my latest video is of Mario Kart 7 check it out if ya want: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_toY5WAbH8

Anywayz: will get this at 11am on Sunday at gamestop. As far as I've seen Dry Bones isn't in :( hes my favorite maybe hes a unlockable. Guess I'll just leave the unlockable characters as a suprise...well at least the ones I don't already know about lol.

Maybe Lakitu will be my new main. Hhmm..dunno yet. Anywayz can't wait to play. Spent gours online in MKDS and MKWii and this will be no different.

Top Bottom