• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Sinthetic

Guys who haven't got this yet, I leave you with this: Since I've had it (Thursday), I haven't played Skyward Sword once. Get hyped.

Putting MKDS through it's last reins before I pick up MK7 this weekend. Man, I've wasted so many hours on this game.

To people who have the game: How did Koopa Troopa Beach turn out? It's my favorite course in the series, and I was wondering if the underwater and gliding mechanics added anything.

Javier

Wow, there's a guy in my Friend List that has the game already, and I noticed that when someone is playing MK7 online, there's a small Orange dot in the Friend List icon in the main menu (similar to when you have a SpotPass or StreetPass notice), indicating you can join in his game.

This is not making the wait any easier.

target preorder. and you get a $5 off your next purchase coupon. better than nothing.

79IMG_0410.jpg

seady

My favorite thing so far is they bring back the coins. Feels like a lot more to do now during racing with those laying around.

Hylian7

I have a great story. I called my local Target for the hell of it to see if they were selling it early. They said they were and it was $39.99, so definitely the 3DS game and not the original DS one.

I went to the store, didn't see it in the case, but asked an employee. They were looking for it and saw the price tag and barcode with a Tetris game for the original DS game above it. She went to the back and got a whole freaking stack of the game out. She was literally about to sell me the game, scans it into the computer.....and it says they can't fucking sell it til Sunday! Cockblocked by the machine.

I have a friend that works in the same store, told him the story. He tried to pull some strings with some manager, but no one can do anything about it at all sadly.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Rainbow Road - i cannot stand this track in every other Mario Kart, but it's GLORIOUS in MK7.

I had the :O face going on.

mandiller

From the AusGaf thread:

I've started an ausgaf community group in Mario Kart (hopefully no one has made one yet). So join up. The code is : 61-6843-2038-6833

P.S can this code be added to the OP?

Jubbly

Only need to 3-star the bottom right cup on 50cc, but every time I do that dino dino level it's constant blue shells and lightning strikes.

If you're going to tie unlocks to SP, make it about player skill, not complete and utter luck.

Stuneseht

Anyone notice how nintendo is actually including the main Manual within the game... I was wondering why the instruction book was so thin.
I'm really enjoying how smooth this game really is; 60fps never felt so good. So far the new stages are very fun and the online was also smooth too. No lag.

Anyone notice how nintendo is actually including the main Manual within the game... I was wondering why the instruction book was so thin.
I'm really enjoying how smooth this game really is; 60fps never felt so good. So far the new stages are very fun and the online was also smooth too. No lag.

I actually really like this.
I just hope that start including art along with it.
3D art would be amazing.

Unfortunately, it probably will in the long run, as people master it.

At least it's confined to a few courses.

Nah you need really really wide roads. So I guess the best way to counter would be to avoid Coconut Mall, Luigi's Raceway, Toad's Circuit and SNES Rainbow Road. These are the snaking courses I've seen so far. (these fuckers spammed them to high heaven)

Kai

Sorry if this has already been asked - but is someone setting up a community thread with community codes for US and EU? If I understand correctly this way we don't have to add individual friends if we all just add the community, right?

Boken

Banned
Sorry if this has already been asked - but is someone setting up a community thread with community codes for US and EU? If I understand correctly this way we don't have to add individual friends if we all just add the community, right?

Quote the OP to see the codes. Chet needs to add how to view email tags in the OP. : |

FatCat

Played a demo of the game the other week, the 3D is definately the best I've seen up until now, very clean.

This must be my fifth Nintendo game in 3 months, that's never happened before. Nintendo you make me broke :-( Oh well, guess I'll get it this afternoon.

Toad will be my main character as usual.

hatchx

Banned
Wow. Picked it up today.

ONLINE is flawless. I got online fast with 7 other people from Japan. 60fps. No lag. Fast. Everything felt as it should.

....and I wooped (most of the time).

The online is just phenomenal. Did a little battle mode which is fun too.

Played a demo of the game the other week, the 3D is definately the best I've seen up until now, very clean..

Nintendo is the only developer that understands how to do 3d correctly. I guess they learned a thing or two from the virtual boy. Can't wait for sunday.

Top Bottom