• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Mistle

Playing through the 50cc cups is such a chore. Too slow/easy. Nearly done though. What do I have to do to unlock everything? Do the stars I get per cup matter? Because I hope not, lol.
I've unlocked a few parts by getting coins. So hopefully going through the entire 50cc will amount to a new character or something lol

The game is so fun online however, which is pretty much the only mode I'll play once i get everything unlocked :D

EDIT: Just found a site that explains all this. Ahhh man so I didn't have to do 50cc at all! XD

Please Share your findings. I jumped straight to online and getting my ass kicked, but it's so much fun! Are the retro cups a best of? All the stages rock and the re-doings of some of their parts are all awesome!

I have trouble getting into the room at the best time, most of the time its 3 racers and me. Some people are really good at this game, but it is funny to see how the rainbow road tracks or unfamiliar tracks challenge those who are better since it is easy to fall off the track. My favourite track has to be the gba bowsers castle. I love the flow of the track and it lets you boost most of the time. So I see myself liking the classics more than most of the new tracks. I should stop playing as I have exams soon, but it is so addictive online.

demonkaze

I'm curious how many people have been playing the single player or have jumped online straight away? I played through the 50cc cups getting 3 stars before playing online and haven't stopped since. I'll go back and unlock everything at some point but at the moment I can't stop playing online!

Morokh

The new rainbow road is soooo sick :D

I just unlocked Wario <3 just love they kept his"Take that loosers" line when you win a race :D

I'm curious how many people have been playing the single player or have jumped online straight away? I played through the 50cc cups getting 3 stars before playing online and haven't stopped since. I'll go back and unlock everything at some point but at the moment I can't stop playing online!

From playing online I get the impression that most people havent gotten beyond 100cc because only few people have the extra new characters (like I don't). Only once I have played with a player who had two stars by their name.

Is online ruined by snakers yet?

Not in the gaf room as far as I can tell. I think people are more angry at the inclusion of items and blue shells. You can always set options where those things aren't included.

I wonder if people get the connection error often, I am not sure if it is my 3DS connection or people rage quitting.

I've played SNES Rainbow Road and SC Bowser's Castle FAR too often now, you'd hardly believe that there are 32 tracks, voting variety please!
Shyguy+Clown Car+Slick Wheels=damn near broken for some reason
I feel dirty for using it every now and then.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Anyone else have a problem after pressing up on the d-pad to enter first person view?

On mine the steering then constantly veers off to the right, but in standard view it's normal. Tried recalibarating the circle pad but it's still the same and no other game does it. And only in first person view.

Very odd.

Volodja

Anyone else have a problem after pressing up on the d-pad to enter first person view?

On mine the steering then constantly veers off to the right, but in standard view it's normal. Tried recalibarating the circle pad but it's still the same and no other game does it. And only in first person view.

Very odd.
When in first person view inclining the 3DS will steer the kart.

Quick question for those with the game:

I've heard varying reports of when you have to hit the jump button in order to perform a trick. It's either:
  • on the jump
  • at the top of the jump, as you take off
  • in the air right after you take off, as in MKWii

So which is it?

I've heard varying reports of when you have to hit the jump button in order to perform a trick. It's either:
  • on the jump

So which is it?

Seems to be just before you take off.

Very odd.

You can disable the gyro steering in the options. :)

• on the jump

So which is it?

I'd say on the top of the jump myself, you'd be surprised at how many points in a track you can pull these tricks off

Time Trial Rainbow Road is like watching Nyan cat on infinity loop -- I never want to turn it off. 15 minutes in just listening to the music...

xIIZF.jpg

I've played SNES Rainbow Road and SC Bowser's Castle FAR too often now, you'd hardly believe that there are 32 tracks, voting variety please!
Shyguy+Clown Car+Slick Wheels=damn near broken for some reason
I feel dirty for using it every now and then.

Makes sense to me. It might be annoying but I don't have the game yet and I know I'll be voting for SNES Rainbow Road all the time because its like a dream come true to play that online and THE MUSIC!

Seems so, but it does make 100cc a really pointless mode.

In Mario Kart Wii, 100cc was the perfect mode for my little cousin who couldn't handle the AI on 150cc.

Also, I'm probably not the only one who does this, but sometimes I just like to play the easier modes and smoke the competition. I don't really know why; maybe I'm just an egotistical prick.

«þ»

I'm enjoying the game, but blue shells are as annoying as ever unfortunately, and what is with the time limit for picking characters and karts in online mode?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's like saying easy and medium is pointless in all games :S

D6ywom.png

Calm down dear. The above image is just a joke.(^&#969;^)

Not really. In past Mario Karts you unlocked stuff on all levels of difficulty so it feels odd that almost everything is only accessible in one class. A bit of a downer.

Not really. In past Mario Karts you unlocked stuff on all levels of difficulty so it feels odd that almost everything is only accessible in one class. A bit of a downer.

i wouldnt mind if nintendo always made unlockables on hard mode. a kind of "Step your Game Up" initiative.

«þ»

The rating system seems completely broken.

I'm racing with people close to my rating and it seems almost impossible to lose points unless you come dead last, and even then, you only lose a couple of points. And why is the same rating used for both races and battles?

The Wii system was pretty much perfect, pretty disappointed with the changes to the rating system in 7.

Top Bottom