• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Kerub

Banned
Ok, just finished the 100 cc cups and tried some online. Going 150 cc now!

So far, this game is pure joy on a cartridge.

Chopper

It's entirely possible that i'm just remembering this completely wrong.

Do i have to 3 star all the 150cc cups to get the mirror cup?

Nope. I unlocked it with two stars on every cup.

Mirror mode is driving me crazy. I've had crazy bad luck on every run of the Special Cup. Three-starred a couple on the way though.

Nisa65

How's the OST? I loved the MKWii OST.

The soundtrack is pretty shite to be honest. Thankfully the game itself is great. I've clocked over 15 hours since launch in mostly single player races and can't wait to play a lot more multiplayer.

I've finished all the single player GPs including mirror and have only 2 vehicle parts to unlock to finish unlocking everything it seems.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
so I see the Royal Mail van approaching and I was like
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l02s9qdbpV1qzhu0do1_400.jpg

but it was only to deliver me a bluray i didn't even remember I had ordered
http://arch.413chan.net/sadness-(n1317200652345).gif
Damn. I ordered it from Amazon on the Wednesday and received it Friday via Royal Mail. And there's no post tomorrow. :(

How's the OST? I loved the MKWii OST.
I like it. There are some nice touches with the sound as well.. Waluigi's Pinball has some really nice additions.

So this game is awesome.

It's also awesome that all the unlocks are 150cc because I don't have to slog it through 50cc and 100cc. This way it's really just a difficulty mode as it should be imo.

«þ»;33152547 said:
The rating system seems completely broken.

I'm racing with people close to my rating and it seems almost impossible to lose points unless you come dead last, and even then, you only lose a couple of points. And why is the same rating used for both races and battles?

The Wii system was pretty much perfect, pretty disappointed with the changes to the rating system in 7.

Remember that the scores start at 1000 now rather than 5000, so I would imagine it takes some time to get a high enough score where losing makes a significant enough dent.

Wizpig

I saw a japanese player with the golden "Wii" Wheel in a battle earlier today.

How can you play ONLY with the gyro in this game? you stay in FPS view all the time since you first play the game?

I mean, i had 100% Wii Wheel on the Wii, but here i only use the analog...

Korosenai

Can I play this game online without having to have that person on my friends list?

And how do I find my friend code so I can post it here?

«þ»

Remember that the scores start at 1000 now rather than 5000, so I would imagine it takes some time to get a high enough score where losing makes a significant enough dent.

That's not really relevant, since the rating system is no longer zero sum while the Wii version was.

You should not get +20 points for coming first and only -3 points for coming last when all players are relatively equal.

The rating system rewards playing more than actual skill.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I also added my friend code to the list recently. Feel free to add me and let me know if you do.

Quote if you want to see my code right here.

DarkWish

Still debating whether to start with 50cc and 100cc, or go straight to 150cc. I did always used to start with 50cc... but if it's unnecessary, then maybe I should just skip those. Hmm, touch decision.

Sinthetic

I was watching my girlfriend earlier, she was using DK and riding in the pink kart, with the pink umbrella. Poor DK, getting emasculated.

dunno if old but I discovered something nifty just an hour before:
You will get the friendlist update by joining a friend's Mario Kart game via downloadplay.
I don't own the game till next week but just got the update via this methode.

Emitan

dunno if old but I discovered something nifty just an hour before:
You will get the friendlist update by joining a friend's Mario Kart game via downloadplay.
I don't own the game till next week but just got the update via this methode.

That was mentioned on this week's Giant Bombcast. I'm kind of surprised Nintendo has that functionality.

That was mentioned on this week's Giant Bombcast. I'm kind of surprised Nintendo has that functionality.

I was like WTF? cause I didn't except an update at all.
was also surprised how fast it happened. without the usual dozens of "warning!!1! battery etc" screens. update itself took maybe 1min

Sinthetic

I got a Streetpass in town earlier, I checked my Plaza and I had hundreds of Mii's in there, it seems like everyone you play in MK7 gets added there. CRAZYYYYYYYYYY.

I got a Streetpass in town earlier, I checked my Plaza and I had hundreds of Mii's in there, it seems like everyone you play in MK7 gets added there. CRAZYYYYYYYYYY.

Is there any way to turn this off? I see this as both good and bad because I feel like it's far more special to get Streetpasses from people you actually encounter.

Is there any way to turn this off? I see this as both good and bad because I feel like it's far more special to get Streetpasses from people you actually encounter.

bo0o00o0o. i dont get enough streetpasses as is. my environment has given me 21 since launch. thats with 3 disney trips, 3 universal studios vacations and 1 legoland visit, not to mention frequent trips to the malls and retail stores on weekends. south FL isnt doing the service any justice.

bring on the passes nintendo.

Oh wait, he was talking about getting a bunch of streetpasses, wasn't he?

I thought he was talking about getting a bunch of Miis from playing online, and he didn't notice until after he came back from town.

My mistake.

OMG Aero

If you go the options in the plaza and turn off Invitations then Mii characters met in other games like Mario Kart won't come to your plaza.

gerudoman

My code is 2750-1278-9624, I've added some of you that have posted your codes. If somebody adds me, please make me know with a pm, thanks.

Wizpig

Came across a snaker online.
Guess what, if only he'd receive a blue shell in his ass he would've stopped, but for the first time in MK history no blue shell was spotted in that race.

It's definitely not as powerful as it was in MK DS.

Also, FP view is shit, in tracks like rainbow road SNES you have to rely on the touch screen map because you can't tell when the track ends.
I tried a few races with it and only got the black wheel icon, not the golden one.

Anyway, if you like motion Mario kart stick to MK Wii, that was 1000 times better.
If you like analog stick Mario kart here you go, buy this.

Delio

I have a question. Does the online work like MKWii were you could jump in and join a friends match really easy? This is more for random online and not communites.

JLG-

Went to gamestop today and traded-in Uncharted 3 and pre-ordered Mario Kart :D Can't wait.

Edit: My gamestop doesn't open until 11. ;_;

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My 3DS code is in the master list, but: 5327-0938-7455

I've already added Marc, AceBandage, JLG, and MasterShotgun (and PM'd ya'll).

Anybody else feel free to add me and PM your code.

Sinthetic

Oh wait, he was talking about getting a bunch of streetpasses, wasn't he?

I thought he was talking about getting a bunch of Miis from playing online, and he didn't notice until after he came back from town.

My mistake.

I got 3 passes in town, I had about 50 in the Plaza from tagging in the street overall, after MK7 I had 150. But Aero answered with a way to turn that off, I don't mind either way.

Top Bottom