• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

NateDrake

storafötter;33163362 said:
edit_

I see now. The ghosts are pretty terrible (tried shy guys bazaar), so a bit disappointed at the lack of challenge so far.

I think they are based on actual people's times. As people get better and ghost data is upload, it should get more challenging.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
here is my FC if someone wants to add me.

3394 3575 4066

I'll also leave it in the 3DS FC thread.

Also, who is Mikael, ranked 3rd in the community at the moment? Man, the last 4 races where instense! Nice tie in the end.

Can you take a screenie of the most active GAF leader board?

rj118

Hrrrrrrngh I hope Walmart has this when I go and check in 3 hours. So jealous of everyone that has MK already. That'll change once I am coming in first every race in the GAF community ;)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Sorry, no camera here. But I can give you the top three at this point:

1. Jon 232 pts
2. Farscape 165 pts
3. Mikael 144 pts

4. Me :) 127 pts

Edit: thank you

I'd boast about besting you guys in the leader boards when I get the game tomorrow but I won't be playing until Friday due to finals.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can you have multiple profiles in a single cartridge with this game? With different communities and so.

Brazil

no, only one profile.

But what about the communities information? Is it saved on the cartridge or on your 3DS?

I wanna know if I'll be able to join different communities and compete with my brother in another's leaderboards using the same cartridge.

I wanna know if I'll be able to join different communities and compete with my brother in another using the same cartridge.

I don't know what the limit is, but i am already in 5 communities, so you should be fine.

edit: Wait you mean both of you using the same cartridge? Then the answer is no.

Brazil

I don't know what the limit is, but i am already in 5 communities, so you should be fine.

What I mean to ask is: can two different persons use the same cartridge to compete against each other in a community's leaderboards? Will they show up in the online mode as different players, with their respective Miis, despite the game only allowing one profile?

I don't think this answers his question. He wants to take turns with his brother using the same copy but competing with each other. I'm not sure but I would guess it ain't possible.

Edit: Wait, I checked it. It is possible to change the Mii in the Mario Kart Channel menu. I changed it and went to the online mp. It's using the new Mii now plus the new name. So I think for his use case it's working. But you wouldn't have seperate sp.

Okay, i did some testing and removed the sd card. Went to the community menu and i couldn't join.
The pop-up that came up said "There is no SD card inserted."

Mistle

Added my FC to the thread but here it is again:

1547-5212-4670

Will I get notified when somebody adds me so I can add them back?
And excuse this probably dumb question, but I'm still not entirely sure of the benefit of adding FCs when Mario Kart has communities?

Edit: Wait, I checked it. It is possible to change the Mii in the Mario Kart Channel menu. I changed it and went to the online mp. It's using the new Mii now plus the new name. So I think for his use case it's working. But you wouldn't have seperate sp.

I changed the SD card and changed the Mii like you said. Then went to communities, the offical Nintendo community still had my score (49 points).
Then i did a cup with them and it added the points to my old score and now i have 74 points.
Can you try if it is the same for you?
Because if it is then i think Brazil is out of luck.

disco

This game is like crack. It's 3.45 am here and I've only just stopped playing for tonight. I have to play next to the power plug as well lol.

Was at Wal-Mart tonight, but wasn't there late enough to get my copy tonight. I'll try to swing into Best Buy tomorrow, or maybe I'll just wait and get it on my way home from work on Monday.

daffy

Banned
Why are the codes even hidden anyway? Its Mario kart ffs. There's no cheating or hacking. Let lurkers play too. :) I'm lazy also. I feel like part of a cult or something.

The OP doesn't load up at all for me btw. it is a mobilegaf thing perhaps.

Why are the codes even hidden anyway? Its Mario kart ffs. There's no cheating or hacking. Let lurkers play too. :) I'm lazy also. I feel like part of a cult or something.

The OP doesn't load up at all for me btw. it is a mobilegaf thing perhaps.

Quote the OP.

Also I just got my ass handed to me in the NeoGAF 150cc. Guess that shouldn't have been my first foray into the game.

6451134245_a82d26bedf.jpg

Got it! Braved the snow and slippery roads of MN. When I got to Wal*Mart, someone called about it on the phone, and it came fresh off the truck. Took 15 minutes for them to find it. I'll be cracking out for the next few months at least trying to master this game.

Someone will have to start a community for this game and do GAF tourneys! I could do it - I'm unemployed right now.

tengiants

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. There is something weird with the low score reviews though. They read like: "the new additions are great! The new items are great! The multiplayer seems pretty cool! I can't put this thing down! It's Mario kart! -60/100"

seems kinda unfair in the metacritic sense to knock a game down because it iterates a great formula. Especially when the changes are seeming to be favorable all around, even from those doling out the bad scores.

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. There is something weird with the low score reviews though. They read like: "the new additions are great! The new items are great! The multiplayer seems pretty cool! I can't put this thing down! It's Mario kart! -60/100"

seems kinda unfair in the metacritic sense to knock a game down because it iterates a great formula. Especially when the changes are seeming to be favorable all around, even from those doling out the bad scores.

Gotta keep Nintendo panicing somehow.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Which community is everyone playing on? GAF, BombGAF, or AusGAF?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Also, this is the best Mario Kart ever, hands-down. I can't believe they managed to make all of the retro tracks even better. This game... This game will last me a very long time.

Now, somebody play me online.

Hylian7

My local Walmart didn't have this. If I get bored in a few minutes I might give them a call and try again to see if it got there in the wee hours.

Top Bottom