• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Played my first online match today. Me against six Japanese guys on a course I haven't played yet. I represented my nation very well with a glorious 1st place until a blue shell right before the finish line reminded what game I'm playing. :I

I changed the SD card and changed the Mii like you said. Then went to communities, the offical Nintendo community still had my score (49 points).
Then i did a cup with them and it added the points to my old score and now i have 74 points.
Can you try if it is the same for you?
Because if it is then i think Brazil is out of luck.

neh, you are right. It changes the Mii but carries the old score...

sourpk

Neo Member
The_Elite_777 -- 19-9501-2324-8500 -- mirror grand prix -- shells only
Dash Chu -- 05-7767-3117-1477 -- 150cc grand prix -- all items
Hai-Chu -- 42-0692-0482-2759 -- mirror grand prix -- all items

Lets have some fun!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Lots of japanese online right now, I played against one who already had 3 stars and he won 5 out of 6 races, whereas we were 8 players 0_o

Bumhead

Banned
I'm up for some racing anytime. Love the online modes with this.

Friend code is 1848-2006-2664

I'm also part of the GAF communities but feel free to add my friend code too :). I'm based in the UK so be good to race some fellow Brits.

Is anyone making a proper community thread for this? Would be great to have a one-stop-shop for all the friend codes and communities etc.

I'm going to be playing this online for years. Its seriously good.

Friend code is 1848-2006-2664

3136-6553-7968. :)

My friend code: 4940-5532-2417

Added my FC to the thread but here it is again:

1547-5212-4670

Feel free to add me with 1590 4670 0964
my friend code is 4124 - 4998 - 1885

Let me know if you want to play!
Got the game, so if people want to add me, my FC is:

4425 - 1491 - 4842

here is my FC if someone wants to add me.

3394 3575 4066

added everyone. My FC is 0860-3265-3250

here is my FC if someone wants to add me.

3394 3575 4066

I'll also leave it in the 3DS FC thread.

Also, who is Mikael, ranked 3rd in the community at the moment? Man, the last 4 races where instense! Nice tie in the end.

It is me! Yeah it was quite intense.
Your the one from Hamburg? I will add you as we have played together quite a bit.

Heres mine

2062 9139 2362

I would appreciate to be added by the mysterious Jon who is in the lead! As I will have my revenge ;)!

Insaniac

loving it so far, online is smooth and easy. Only disappointment is how lacking the item customization options are for multi

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one using the same nick for everything? (Except for PSN.)

Well I'm using a Mii based on my old avatar:
dogboyav.png

But it uses the character's name rather than mine.

I posted my code in the big thread but here it is again:
1934-0650-4686

Why couldn't they allow for some ability to avoid the blue shell? You could make it very difficult to pull off, but at least give the player some chance of success.

Frost_Ace

Why couldn't they allow for some ability to avoid the blue shell? You could make it very difficult to pull off, but at least give the player some chance of success.

I think using a mushroom a moment before it hits you makes you avoid it (at least in mk wii it was so).

BowieZ

Banned
I bought the most amazing comfort grip slash extra battery pak module from Big W for $39.

Bought it for the Kart-playin' komfort let alone the added battery power!

It has an aqua blue stripe down the center. Highly recommended.

Sinthetic

Weird that you don't lose any points if you lose in online matches. That's good as my girlfriend is playing and she's losing. ;\

OMG Aero

Weird that you don't lose any points if you lose in online matches. That's good as my girlfriend is playing and she's losing. ;\
If it's anything like the Wii version, the number of points you gain or lose depends on the points of the other people playing.
So if you come in a better position than people with higher points than you then you will earn more points than beating people with lower points. Similarly if you lose to people with lower points than you then you lose more points but if you lose to someone with more points then you either lose less points or none at all depending on how big the difference is.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Online is FLAWLESS I've played about 5 hours against people from around the world and not a single slowdown. Framerate is rock solid, as if they built the game around its performance. At times you are wondering if it's not a perfect game for what it tries to achieve.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Online is FLAWLESS I've played about 5 hours against people from around the world and not a single slowdown. Framerate is rock solid, as if they built the game around its performance. At times you are wondering if it's not a perfect game for what it tries to achieve.

It is. The netcode implemented is outstanding. No lag so far. ...But some strange people appearing in front of me after they went outside the track. However, so smooth.
Great online!

Any deals on this game today?

I was hoping Fry's would have it for $29.99 like they did when Super Mario 3D Land came out 3 weeks ago.

Oh well, Mario Kart games tend to retain their value. Mario Kart Wii still retails for $49.99. I'll just buy this despite my backlog.

So guys, how's the game so far? How does it compare to the other MKs?

I cant speak for Mario Kart Wii too much, but id say its the best after Mario Kart DS. I have some issues with the way they have handled weapons, but it is toned down from the ridiculousness of the past recent entries. I feel like this is the first Mario Kart game where choosing your kart/wheel shows an identity with clear difference than before. It improves the formula, and doesn't take any steps back. The way you handle the vehicle feels great and responsive too, at least I don't see going back to the old games after this. Also I welcome the incorporation of several short cuts or alternative paths, especially on the classic tracks.
The only criticism I would say is that some of the new levels aren't all that great but they are growing on me. Also the fact that they cut the mission mode is a big disappointment. The music is not that great compared to older games, but it is enjoyable and decent.
Overall everything is improved.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Q-time:
- Do coins affect your speed only upon acquirement, or does holding more coins makes you generally faster?
- Is it me or can you change your vehicle's direction (up/down) when normally jumping off ramps? If so does it have any significance?
- The "tricks" that appear when pressing R before jumping vary, are they random or they based on your press' accuracy, thus giving different amount of boost? (how many trick forms are there, btw)

So guys, how's the game so far? How does it compare to the other MKs?
It's shitty. Worst MK released so far. Don't buy it. Disregard what I've just said. You've already made up your mind, anyways!

Sh0k

Just added evrybody in the last 4 pages to my friend list, feel free to add me :

0259 - 0473 - 3378

Picking up the game in a couple of hours!

Am I the only one using the same nick for everything? (Except for PSN.)

I wish I could, but Nintendo's small character limit makes it hard.

Anyways, picked up the game and just joined the All Items and Bom-omb's only Communities. Look forward to playing some people. Will also start adding more people to my friend's list.

King_Moc

Banned
Q-time:
- Do coins affect your speed only upon acquirement, or does holding more coins makes you generally faster?
- Is it me or can you change your vehicle's direction (up/down) when normally jumping off ramps? If so does it have any significance?
- The "tricks" that appear when pressing R before jumping vary, are they random or they based on your press' accuracy, thus giving different amount of boost? (how many trick forms are there, btw)

It's shitty. Worst MK released so far. Don't buy it. Disregard what I've just said. You've already made up your mind, anyways!

Coins give you a very, very slight boost in speed. It can be worth going slightly further out on a corner to powerslide through a row of them.

Not nocided anything about pressing up or down on ramps (unless the glider is involved) and tricks are dependant on whether it's a standard ramp or a glider one i think.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
... Am I missing something here?
Everything. Game is really great, but how it fares against other MKs is tough question considering it's highly subjective, and everyone is still in the early hype stages.

Everybody should just focus on getting the game right now.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I vaguely remember something about various reviews/previews not being allowed to reveal some "special" unlockable... is there some wonderful bonus mode, or was that just them being silly about something?

Tied to that, I notice two things that aren't happening but seemed to have been mentioned earlier...

* The "Mario Kart Channel" doesn't install to the system -- it's just a subsection of the game's menu/online mode. I thought someone said it would be installed so you could use it without having the game. (Not complaining, mind you, just curious if I misheard something.)

* I -know- we were told you could do Time Trials against multiple ghosts. I currently have 3 ghosts on a track (2 staff, one mine), and there seems to be no way to race against more than one at a time. Is there a trick to this... or is it only when playing against Streetpass/Spotpass ghosts?

(Tied to this, am I right in thinking that there is no way to exchange ghosts with your friends in this one?)

Top Bottom