• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

dk_

Played 2 online matches, but after that I always get a connection error when I spectated a match. Fail!

Just played with some gaffers (I'm bilk, gg's guys) and it seems like what people were saying about the community only being one room was wrong. It said there were five groups playing so I assume that means five rooms were up.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Just played with some gaffers (I'm bilk, gg's guys) and it seems like what people were saying about the community only being one room was wrong. It said there were five groups playing so I assume that means five rooms were up.

So at max there's currently 40 people playing in the GAF community.

Thoraxes

Damn you Daisy bastard! Getting me right at the end!

Double damn you Daisy bastard for that star I was right at the finish line I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Can you seriously not join a community group after they started a game? The shit is that about?

So I was just looking at all the stuff in the MK channel, apparently i'm a pro defender, I wonder what the other titles are.
It's taking so long to unlock parts now and i've found out it only gets worse later on (500 coins per unlock?! I better get the
Barrel Train
before I reach that stage of DK64 style collecting)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It's pretty absurd stuff, I went over this earlier in the week, it makes getting a full group far more of a pain than necessary, the most i've ever had in a group so far is 5 and that lasted for all of one race before the numbers dropped.

Good work, Nintendo. You've managed to completely fuck up online play yet again.

This infuriates me. How could anyone think that was a good decision? They should at least allow for a "continuous run" mode. Bah.

How do you get the fast start again?
Begin to accelerate just after the "2" appears in the countdown.

Effect

Picked up the game today. I think this is the last time I bother with Kmart even if they do offer the $15 coupon. If the game is out on a certain day I shouldn't have to wait until the middle or end of the day for it to be put on the item shelf or for someone to actually show up for work to put it out. Ugh what a wasted trip and I hate when that happens. Went and got it from Best Buy. Rather deal with them or just order from Amazon.com.

Joined the community so hope to see others in the game. Name will show up as NeoStar9X.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The random unlocks are being cruel. I've gotten up to 300 coins and I've not unlocked one kart. Other than that, I'm digging the hell of out the kart customization. It seems like each character could be viable with the right combination of parts.

StayDead

Since I imported my 3DS long ago I'm not waiting for my copy to arrive, it's been shipped but it could take a while. This wait is horrible T_T

Good work, Nintendo. You've managed to completely fuck up online play yet again.

This infuriates me. How could anyone think that was a good decision? They should at least allow for a "continuous run" mode. Bah.

Begin to accelerate just after the "2" appears in the countdown.

Thank you kind sir.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The random unlocks are being cruel. I've gotten up to 300 coins and I've not unlocked one kart. Other than that, I'm digging the hell of out the kart customization. It seems like each character could be viable with the right combination of parts.

My second unlock was the Egg 1. I could start snaking if I wanted to but:

1. I don't want to, it's a cheap trick that takes the fun out of the game. Though I would use it for time trial but...
2. I never used it and I don't know how to use it.

Lol. I just beat a cup for the first time and the 2nd place winners were Yoshi and Luigi, just like in every Mario Kart ever.

I'm glad to see nothing's changed.

My copy hasn't arrived yet but I see several posters mentioning snaking. Did Nintendo really leave that in after how badly it ruined MKDS online?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My copy hasn't arrived yet but I see several posters mentioning snaking. Did Nintendo really leave that in after how badly it ruined MKDS online?

It doesn't work the same way and is situational due to the Wii style boost drifting. You can't snake around the whole course.

However, there's a glitch in one of the Wuhu courses that ruins it due to where you restart when falling, that needs to be patched. Hopefully they can do that, this time.

Been playing for a few hours now, and I have to say, this is the Kart I've been waiting for, since the DS version. I went out and bought 4 3DS' for my buddies with Kart. Can't wait to kick the shit out of them online =)

Chorazin

Been playing for a few hours now, and I have to say, this is the Kart I've been waiting for, since the DS version. I went out and bought 4 3DS' for my buddies with Kart. Can't wait to kick the shit out of them online =)

Didn't know Bill Gates was such a big Mario Kart fan!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yeah, I'll stop playing online until I'm done with the Grand Prix lol. I'm not sure about my fellow racers, but the game ran really smoothly here (Saudi Arabia).

Sinthetic

This is the better game (> 3D Land).

I actually think it's my GOTY, it's totally addictive and when it is going well, I'm smiling like a kid in a sweet shop.

It doesn't work the same way and is situational due to the Wii style boost drifting. You can't snake around the whole course.

However, there's a glitch in one of the Wuhu courses that ruins it due to where you restart when falling, that needs to be patched. Hopefully they can do that, this time.
I'm pretty sure that 3DS games can be patched although I haven't seen it happen yet. I still can't figure out what satisfaction people get from cheating in a game like Mario Kart.

Just picked it up from gamestop, I got there an hour after it opened and they told me I was the first one to buy it. I'll probably check out the community to see if anyone's there and then go on to grand prix mode.
My FC: is 1375-7353-3948 if anyone wants to add me.

Top Bottom