• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Okay, understand the Join feature a little better now. It's really useful in worldwide matches - just went over my friend's house and tried a few games with him. When he was playing worldwide random matches, I was able to watch and then join after. I understand why they don't allow it in Grand Prix events like Communities, but it would have been nice if a Community could have just had an option to do a rotate in and out method as well.

Also, this can be in the whole "things you didn't know about games that blew your mind" but I just found out about the turbo boost by pressing the R button on a ramp. Very good to know :)

Finally something really freaked me out, and I hope it was just a glitch, but after playing a worldwide match, I closed my 3DS and when I re-opened it, I had no audio. I exited to menus and everything, but my system still had no audio. I powered the system down and everything's fine now, but I really hope that it's not on it's way out - especially considering how much of a pain it would be to get a new FC and have to re-enter tons of people.

Say there's 5 people playing in the GAF community.

4 are already doing their GP, they are at the fourth race.
I join a second lobby.
When they are done, are the two lobbies put together automatically?

I think so because of instances where I'd be waiting for more players and then three or four would just drop in all together.

Finally something really freaked me out, and I hope it was just a glitch, but after playing a worldwide match, I closed my 3DS and when I re-opened it, I had no audio. I exited to menus and everything, but my system still had no audio. I powered the system down and everything's fine now, but I really hope that it's not on it's way out - especially considering how much of a pain it would be to get a new FC and have to re-enter tons of people.

There must be a glitch with sleep mode and this game, I've had that happen to me a few times as well.

BowieZ

Banned
4 groups playing... I don't get why we have to sort of wait without knowing what's happening or if other people are nearly done or whatever... It's a bit weird this communities thing.

There must be a glitch with sleep mode and this game, I've had that happen to me a few times as well.

That's actually quite a bit of a relief, was worried it was more of a hardware issue.

Also, as far as the Community goes, I know people mentioned trying to avoid snaking, but we can still do regular drifts around for corners for blue and red sparks right? It's just those that try to take advantage of it on straightaways that are considered snakers?

BowieZ

Banned
Also, as far as the Community goes, I know people mentioned trying to avoid snaking, but we can still do regular drifts around for corners for blue and red sparks right? It's just those that try to take advantage of it on straightaways that are considered snakers?
This. Snaking was an unintended tactic.

BowieZ

Banned
Blue shelled in 2ND place right before the end of Ice World. Fuck.

FUCK!!! BLUE SHELLED AGAIN BEFORE THE END OF SNES RAINBOW ROAD!!!!

dani_dc

Finally got the game, going to join GAF community and hopefully I'll see you guys online.

I don't think there are any Retro-designed tracks. There are only Nintendo-designed tracks and old Nintendo-designed tracks reworked by Retro.

The Iwata Asks of Mario Kart says that Retro was also involved on the new courses:

"Well, we haven't said much about the new courses, so I'll add a bit about them. These are concepts that Retro proposed to us, which were actually used as new courses.

conceptart.jpg

With regard to the new courses… This is my fourth game in the series, and Retro sent some ideas that were so good that I was kicking myself, thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?!" We spurred each other on that way."

The communities sound great but I was very disappointed to hear you can't turn off Blue shells without turning off all shell items, Nintendo can be so unreasonable sometimes.

Want this badly but I promised myself not to get it and Skyward Sword until I finish the Special wolds in SM3DL. No more big backlogs for me.

With regard to the new courses… This is my fourth game in the series, and Retro sent some ideas that were so good that I was kicking myself, thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?!" We spurred each other on that way."

That's awesome and makes me want the game even more, always good to see Retro get the praise they deserve.

jlevel13

I can't seem to connect to an online game. Frustrating! Anybody else having problems? It gets online, but then seems to just hang with searching... Eventually coming up with "a comminication error has occured."

liger05

Anyone had an error when trying to log onto communities.

Mine is saying SD Card Error. "Please check the data in the Mario Kart Channel"

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
And 100cc is done. It must be said again that Rainbow Road is fantastic in every regard.
The SNES RR is great too, especially now that the road undulates whenever the shiny Thowmps come down.

I need to take break due to low battery and hand cramps. I'll conquer 150cc tonight to unlock the characters, and then I'll try some online races and battles.

The divine being who commands over the random kart parts has just blessed me with the Barrel Train, with that I think all the parts I particularly desired are mine (those being Swooper Glider, Bowser's Clown Car and Barrel train).

oracrest

So, how does drifting work here, again? It confuses me. :B

You hit the right shoulder button, and the kart will hop into a drift based on the direction left or right that you are pressing the analog at the time you hop. Then while drifting, you can build up a boost by steering into the direction of the turn. The build up into the drift boost is cumulative, meaning you dont have to keep turning, but can tap the direction and it will build up over time. There are two levels of boost build up.

Top Bottom