• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Hey guys, I've been dealing with this 006-0612 error all day and I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with my router settings but I have no idea what I need to do to get it working. The online on my 3DS works fine but it's impossible for me to connect to anyone.

It's getting really annoying, I just want some online MK action.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Played online in GAF community for a bit with my wife. We were the 4th group created at the time. She won the first two games, a couple players quit. I won the next game, the last player besides us quit. So we raced the last race 1v1 for the championship.

p.s. don't quit. :(

Mrbob

Going to eat some crow about this game. Haven't played Mario Kart in years since N64 as I haven't really cared about the franchise, picked the game up with the Best Buy deal and am having a great time. I forgot how much fun these games are.

I'm most excited to dig into the vintage tracks now. Hopefully Star Road is there.

Teknoman

Just got my butt kicked in the GAF community but oh so much fun! Love this game!

Were you playing against Teknoman? I just played someone in the 150CC All item GAF community, and ended in a tie. If so, that was a awesome series of 1v1 and the last race was really close in a good way.

Going to eat some crow about this game. Haven't played Mario Kart in years since N64 as I haven't really cared about the franchise, picked the game up with the Best Buy deal and am having a great time. I forgot how much fun these games are.

I'm most excited to dig into the vintage tracks now. Hopefully Star Road is there.

You mean Rainbow Road? Oh and really like all the old school nods in both MK7 and SM3DL. Saw 3D version of Mario 8-bit trees in the Piranha Plant Slide track + nods to Mario Bros 1 theme. Not to mention how the Tanooki tail can give you more height/flight distance if you keep using it while gliding. Also going to be disappointed if we dont visit Neo Bowser City in the next Paper Mario.

Darko

it is, and its spectacular.

Epcott

Not sure why they included gyro controls with first person in the first place, since moving the console destroys your 3D vision.

Whew, I'm being soundly beaten. Maybe I should finish every cup 150cc before I race online? Yikes!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Not sure why they included gyro controls with first person in the first place, since moving the console destroys your 3D vision.

Whew, I'm being soundly beaten. Maybe I should finish every cup 150cc before I race online? Yikes!

Well, it's probably more of an option, like it is for StarFox 64 3D. You can play with 3D off after all.

Koodo

Banned
I'm this [] close to splurging on a 3DS just for this game. I really don't want a 3DS right now, but Mario Kart is a franchise that descended directly from heaven.

I guess if I put even half the hours I've put into MK Wii, this game alone would justify the hardware purchase.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Aww, Wiggler sounds too annoying for me to use. I guess my main drivers will be Metal Mario, Rosalina, and maybe someone light in case its ever needed.

The join game for worldwide matches works really well - if you're joining a friend, the spectator mode automatically starts following them and it was pretty seamless. Think I'm done playing Mario Kart for the night though, look forward to playing throughout the week.

Hey guys, I've been dealing with this 006-0612 error all day and I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with my router settings but I have no idea what I need to do to get it working. The online on my 3DS works fine but it's impossible for me to connect to anyone.

It's getting really annoying, I just want some online MK action.
Anyone? I'm out of ideas and I'm tired of resetting my router. :p Anyone else had any experience with this error?

God this game is fantastic. Just won 6 community cups in row, my fingers are dying.

I need more friends, so please add me guys.
My is FC: 4382-1959-3126 Farscape
PM me if you added me.

The Wuhu Mountain Loop trick is already annoying, I hope they patch it out. I managed to bump a GAFfer off course who tried it actually, as its only a one lap course if they screw it up and don't pull it off they pretty much lose. I find I'm automatically suspicious of people who pick the track in the run up to a race.

I'm still trying to find the best character / customisation setting... quite tricky. I'm loving Lakitu at the moment though..

The online generally is quite awesome, I wish there were more chat options in the lobby sort of thing but the simple choices there do suffice. I just had a go at some of the SpotPass time trial things in Mario Kart Channel -- are they random ghosts I'm racing against that Nintendo have chosen or have they come from friends and opponents?

edit: I was Tom G a few games ago, I don't know who I was racing against. I might have to change my Mii's name to my GAF username. Or set up a separate mii that uses that name so I can switch between em.

My biggest pet peeve is the way blue shells attack whoevers head of the pack after 1st has crossed the line... nothing worse than struggling against whoever is first all race and then getting a blue shell that puts you in 4th or lower!

I'm this [] close to splurging on a 3DS just for this game. I really don't want a 3DS right now, but Mario Kart is a franchise that descended directly from heaven.

I guess if I put even half the hours I've put into MK Wii, this game alone would justify the hardware purchase.

Dooo itttt.

Just sayin'.
4lnFl.gif

Teknoman

People seem to be combining different kart parts, so you'd probably want to knock out other races before going online. At least with the general public.

The Wuhu Mountain Loop trick is already annoying, I hope they patch it out. I managed to bump a GAFfer off course who tried it actually, as its only a one lap course if they screw it up and don't pull it off they pretty much lose. I find I'm automatically suspicious of people who pick the track in the run up to a race.

I'm still trying to find the best character / customisation setting... quite tricky. I'm loving Lakitu at the moment though..

The online generally is quite awesome, I wish there were more chat options in the lobby sort of thing but the simple choices there do suffice. I just had a go at some of the SpotPass time trial things in Mario Kart Channel -- are they random ghosts I'm racing against that Nintendo have chosen or have they come from friends and opponents?

I just like the Wuhu stages because of the music...had no idea there was a glitch trick already. You'd think people in the GAF community of all places would race fair.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Played the first 2 cups before heading online on the community. Didn't do my best.
Played the rest, win.

Now to continue to dominance.

I just like the Wuhu stages because of the music...had no idea there was a glitch trick already. You'd think people in the GAF community of all places would race fair.

I like the tracks myself which is why I say its annoying really. If more people catch on it'll spoil the track imo. I've only seen it attempted twice since seeing the video of it here on GAF, and one of those was against randoms, I do think people probably will play fairer in the community. I love the community feature!

muu

The bestbuy/toysrus deals this week is probably as good as it's going to get in terms of entry to the system for the forseeable future. There hasn't been a better time to jump in, until next week when they give out another 10 bucks in GC.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
150cc done. All characters unlocked. I screwed up horribly on the Leaf Cup so I need to 1-star it at some point to get the Gold Wheels, but I'm ready for online now. (Or rather soon. I need to take a short break.)

I don't understand VR in this game. Took 5th in my first race, then took 1, 2, 2, 1 and my VR is less than my friend who was playing in the same games.

Anyone? I'm out of ideas and I'm tired of resetting my router. :p Anyone else had any experience with this error?

I've had the same problem on the Wii and earlier today with MK7. Your router should have a DMZ setting; figure out the IP address that the 3DS is identified with on your router by looking at the connected devices (you should only have to look at the last digit), go to the DMZ settings, and enter the same digit. You may have to restart the router.

What this does is prevent the router's security settings from affecting the 3DS.

I've had to do this with my Wii and my 3DS. It sucks, but it works. The only other solution is getting a non-Belkin router. ;)

midonnay

I'm still used to the analogue stick killing method of the N64 version :/

have to say, the online is pretty rock solid considering I'm playing off a USB modem on the laptop using Virtual router.

Clott

H,mm, seriously confused.

When I pick communities it tell me

"SD Card error. please check the data in the mario cart channel"

Que?

EDIT: I think I fixed it, strange it just does not do it automatically, bad design.

Ysiadmihi

Banned

Que?

You need to create a file for the channel first. Just go to the channel and it will be created.

----

The music this time around is pretty bland but the RR track is amazing. Wish the Daisy Circuit theme from MK Wii was in the game (and not just because I'm obsessed with Daisy but because it's gdlk).

midonnay

Que?

that threw me for awhile too....

at the Start screen under the Online mode button there is a sign called "Mario Kart Channel"?

you have to click and set it up there before you can play with communities

Top Bottom