• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Synless

So far this is the best Mario kart I have ever played. The music is actually decent, the new tracks are great. Now I just need se faster kart parts and characters.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Somebody remind me: what are the requirements for 3-starring a cup? I just had my first two star in 100cc even after finishing with 40 points.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Somebody remind me: what are the requirements for 3-starring a cup? I just had my first two star in 100cc even after finishing with 40 points.

Drive fast and try to stay in first for the majority of the race from what I gather.

3 starring 150cc and mirror mode will be a pain. Only done six cups so far.

Wizpig

Lets just do this every new page.

NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

AusGaf Community

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS
And:

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

sorry for being a pain. i like battles.

@Edag Plata: the credits music is probably the best one in the game!

i shouldve played the wii version. im still trying to get boost the N64 way. 150cc made a mockery of me. back to 100 for practice and stage memorization. will come back to grab friendcodes and community info in a week or so.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Drive fast and try to stay in first for the majority of the race from what I gather.

3 starring 150cc and mirror mode will be a pain. Only done six cups so far.
4Znus.jpg

ryushe

Loving the game a lot, but am I the only one bummed out that you still can't save your replays?

Blue shells raining down from above while I'm in first place like maelstroms of the apocalypse would be a lot easier to swallow if I could at least save my races to show people just how much blue shells hate me.

This is game is so damn fun. I've had some great races with the Gaf community as well, I just wish I could get in one with a full room. The most I've participated in is six and the least is three. The only good thing about the three person room is I always get a medal, lol.

Anyone like the new tracks? I'm not feeling it with the first two cups. Maybe it's because I've played so many Mario Karts, so that's probably why it has that familiarity feeling to it.

How would you guys rate the tracks compared to past MK games? Is MK7 better than the DS version or about the same so far.

Right now, I can't say for sure. I'm not sure if the tracks lack creativity or if it's because I've seen it all before.

But I love the game and it's great.

CLEEK

Overall how does the track design in this game stack up?

Overall, really well. Probably the best selection yet.

I'm not taken by the underwater driving, so the tracks that have underwater sections are my least favourite. But there is a good selection of fast, SNES-style tracks that show of how lovely the base handling in the game is. Some tracks are 3 separate sections, rather than three laps, and they're all great additions.

The Wuhu Island ones could have been taken from Ridge Racer. The Wii Music track is like a Nintendo version of a Wipeout HD track. Despite being mostly underwater, Wario's Galleon is a Nintendofied version of the Daytona 2 theme park track. Rainbow Road is glorious.

Of the classic tracks, the SNES ones are great and well suited to he toned down racing in MK7. The N64 ones even more dull than normal, and the DS ones look much prettier. SNES Rainbow Road is beautiful and an improvement over the original.

I just had a really weird race in the community. I would finish in one spot and then when it would give the points it would kick me back one place. This happened twice in the same match. There was a guy who kept popping up and disappearing on the track, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Teknoman

Lets just do this every new page.

NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

AusGaf Community

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS

Cool, also awesome that Wuhu Loop actually uses the Wii Sports Resort music! Say what you want about the Wii Sports series, but the main theme is awesome. Especially this version of the theme.

DarkWish

I'm gonna pop into the GAF community for a bit... I'm Hassan by the way, if you see me. First time playing online with this game, should be fun!

muu

is there a shortcut/glitch in bowser's castle? There was a guy that was constantly choosing the stage, he'd go from last to magically placing first every single time the stage was chosen.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Been playing for a few hours now, and I have to say, this is the Kart I've been waiting for, since the DS version. I went out and bought 4 3DS' for my buddies with Kart. Can't wait to kick the shit out of them online =)

You're 4 people's best buddy ever.

is there a shortcut/glitch in bowser's castle? There was a guy that was constantly choosing the stage, he'd go from last to magically placing first every single time the stage was chosen.

Probably. There's a similar glitch in the second Wuhu track as well, and I've seen a few players constantly pick that stage online just to take advantage of it.

Top Bottom