• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Don't have it yet, but I played it earlier with a friend who does using download play. It looks and plays fantastic. Can't wait to play some gaffers.

Javier

Damn, my connection is so jumpy I wasn't able to properly join any GAF matches without getting kicked out. My connection is more reliable on the afternoons so I will try again tomorrow. Although I did manage to play a full GP on the Nintendo-created Mario community.

But the game is awesome. Seriously loving it so far.

I've had the same problem on the Wii and earlier today with MK7. Your router should have a DMZ setting; figure out the IP address that the 3DS is identified with on your router by looking at the connected devices (you should only have to look at the last digit), go to the DMZ settings, and enter the same digit. You may have to restart the router.

What this does is prevent the router's security settings from affecting the 3DS.

I've had to do this with my Wii and my 3DS. It sucks, but it works. The only other solution is getting a non-Belkin router. ;)
Actually I just tried this after finding it on some other forum and I'm now connected to my first game! Thanks a lot for the help, man.

Yes, Belkin really sucks. Horrible purchasing decision on my part.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Won my first community GP. Feels good. That third race was damn close.

(I was S.Colbert by the way, though I'm gonna change back to my normal Mii which is Randall.)

Online really is smooth as hell. I'm honestly surprised it lived up to the hype. There must have been some good programmers working on this game.

Played some in the community earlier - worked flawlessly! Pretty impressed with the online (although, to be fair, I had zero issues with Mario Kart DS).

I have the amazing ability to be either last or first. And for every first, maybe five lasts? Kind of hilarious.

The game is great, though. All the new tracks are really fun.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
One disconnect so far, but fittingly, it was just as I got knocked from the jump on Mario Circuit 3, onto the under pass below. Maybe the game was having pity.

Rezbit

How good is the online code? Would Aussies be able to jump into the worldwide GAF group and not shit up the whole race with lag?

PSGames

This game looks phenomenal. Not sure if it's just the art direction but it seems to have less jaggies than other games in 3D.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
How good is the online code? Would Aussies be able to jump into the worldwide GAF group and not shit up the whole race with lag?
It's damn good. From the matches I've played, it's flawless no matter who you're playing with. It's possibly Nintendo's best online effort yet.

Sweet, it's working now and I'm in the community! I'm Isaac in case anyone's wondering.
You're slaying us
4lnFl.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

It'll work 'fine' because the game itself is not in 'real time' if you will. You'll notice people that might have a bit of lag with you, teleporting in and out of view. It's better than the race chugging, or anything though.

Solid online, just like Mario Kart Wii, but thus far, without the hackers.

People with more cart unlocks do seem to have a bit of an advantage though. ;)

Top Bottom