• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Sinthetic

Community is nowhere near as good as just doing normal Worldwide games, at least with the latter you can leave after you have had enough, with Community, you have to do a stupid GP, even when you have been 1st in 2 races, only to come bottom 2 after being blasted by people who were at the back of the pack. Stupid.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Good games. Can't shake the frustration of actually having a good race then in the last 5 seconds getting smashed with an unavoidable blue shell and coming in last within seconds. Still, fun :)

Good games. Can't shake the frustration of actually having a good race then in the last 5 seconds getting smashed with an unavoidable blue shell and coming in last within seconds. Still, fun :)

Best part was getting 3 mushrooms and flying past Crazed :p

Neiteio

I got gold on all cups in 150cc. Feels good mang. Also played a shitload of online, which is great. But I hate to be right about one thing: no single-player Versus sucks. I'd love to play just Bowser's Castle, against opponents with items, but I'm stuck playing through half of the Special Cup first, or going through god knows how many races online before my vote is picked. :(

I swear, Nintendo is like an autistic genius, brilliantly talented but unable to grasp social norms. Here you have this incredible gameplay and track design, these spectacular graphics (which look absolutely fucking INCREDIBLE in 3D), and yet... Nintendo gimped the most basic of customization options, namely, the ability to play a single race against the computer. Sigh.

I am away for like 20 hours and the gaf rankings go up like crazy. Damn you people! I enjoyed my second place spot for a while :(! I will have my revenge!

StayDead

This wait for my copy to turn up is crazy annoying. I know it's coming from Japan, but just once I'd like the postal service to be super fast. :p

I got gold on all cups in 150cc. Feels good mang. Also played a shitload of online, which is great. But I hate to be right about one thing: no single-player Versus sucks. I'd love to play just Bowser's Castle, against opponents with items, but I'm stuck playing through half of the Special Cup first, or going through god knows how many races online before my vote is picked. :(

I swear, Nintendo is like an autistic genius, brilliantly talented but unable to grasp social norms. Here you have this incredible gameplay and track design, these spectacular graphics (which look absolutely fucking INCREDIBLE in 3D), and yet... Nintendo gimped the most basic of customization options, namely, the ability to play a single race against the computer. Sigh.
They were under quite some time pressure. Which explains some of the things they left out like leaderboards, proper ghost downloads, replay viewing and challenges.

It's a good Mario Kart but not the most complete.

I've added everyone in the thread upto Tinabina on the last page, I'll send out PMs when I get home - I'm still in work atm. Looking forward to jumping in a game when I get back!

My code is 2234-7196-8925, if you've already posted yours in the thread before now.

Sh0k

Rookie question, how do tou do the boost start? Check around and it says to press and hold gas right after the 2 in the countdown dissapears, but it doesn't work.

Tyeforce

What's a good kart combo for high acceleration, decent speed, very good off-road, yet also decent handling? I don't have all the kart parts unlocked yet, but I want to know what combo would be good for me once I do unlock them all. I like lighter characters that have high acceleration, but I also like having good off-road so I can take shortcuts without being slowed down too much. I never really payed much attention to stats in previous Mario Kart games, so it's all kinda overwhelming to me, lol.

Here's a tip for people that want to learn the tracks and be competetive online. Do the time trials and race against the ghost from the dev. This will show you how to ace tracks.

Any trick to getting slipstreams? I used to be able to get them often in MKWii, but I feel like I'm losing a fair few community races since everyone drives past like I'm standing still but my slipstreams break really easily.

Insaniac

man my second online game and I was dominating the whole race until the very end when yoshi somehow caught up to me, and made a perfect bob-omb throw 3 seconds before the finish line and knocked me into the lava putting me in 6th. I wasn't even mad it was so pro.

also in the Mario Kart channel it says i have 3 wins and 7 losses, although I don't remember playing 10 online games yet.... anyone notice discrepencies in their W/L??

Yes Boss!

man my second online game and I was dominating the whole race until the very end when yoshi somehow caught up to me, and made a perfect bob-omb throw 3 seconds before the finish line and knocked me into the lava putting me in 6th. I wasn't even mad it was so pro.

also in the Mario Kart channel it says i have 3 wins and 7 losses, although I don't remember playing 10 online games yet.... anyone notice discrepencies in their W/L??
I think it is counting all the people you are racing against.

The wins are how many people you beat during a race, and loses is how many people you were behind of.

storafötter;33203487 said:
I am getting too many errors now :(! It was smoother some days ago.
It's probably because of the large increase of players over the weekend. Especially since yesterday was the NA launch.

Has anyone beaten this ghost time?
I actually went and beat it easily when I removed the slick wheels off my kart, which I found odd as slick wheels give a lot of speed but the crap handling and possibly the rain on the track itself seemed to hinder more than just standard turning.
Methinks I gave it to much credit, it was kicking my ass at first though leading me to wonder if ice and rain affect certain wheel types more, does the off road stat factor into this as well?

Top Bottom