• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
sorry to the 2 gaffers I was just having a great race with on koopa beach, 2 time I got the 'communications error'

:/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'd actually prefer the Blue Shells to be as frequent as the Wii version, because front runners do have it pretty easy while the middle of the pack annihilates them.

TheExodu5

Banned
This seems like the Mario Kart I've been waiting for. Fantastic physics, imaginitive levels, gorgeous graphics, responsive controls...I haven't played much yet, but I'm very impressed thus far.

How does drifting work in this game? Do you just have to hold the drift? Do you have to steer against the drift? Or do you need to do left/right/left/right like in MK64?

Chopper

So, when looking at your Friend List, does it show you as offline for a few seconds before it eventually connects? It appears to disconnect every time I close the unit, which is a shame considering I would love to see the orange light flash on a closed unit, causing me to pick it up amd join my friend's game. Am I to assume the light doesn't flash orange on a closed unit because it "disconnects" you?

This seems like the Mario Kart I've been waiting for. Fantastic physics, imaginitive levels, gorgeous graphics, responsive controls...I haven't played much yet, but I'm very impressed thus far.

How does drifting work in this game? Do you just have to hold the drift? Do you have to steer against the drift? Or do you need to do left/right/left/right like in MK64?

holding the drift after a certain amount of time.

TeegsD

I cannot wait for winter break can come so I can finally go pick up a 3DS and this game. Reading about your fun is how I get by for now

Punisher

Neo Member
Managed to tie twice for first place with "Amir", heh.

Playing under name "jeweetzelf"

There is some lag but it's not irritating.

Played with a GAF group and holy crap you guys are good! I haven't had a lot of time to play this since I got it at midnight yesterday, but dang!

Just played with some people on Maple treeway and got smoked. :)

So, when looking at your Friend List, does it show you as offline for a few seconds before it eventually connects? It appears to disconnect every time I close the unit, which is a shame considering I would love to see the orange light flash on a closed unit, causing me to pick it up amd join my friend's game. Am I to assume the light doesn't flash orange on a closed unit because it "disconnects" you?

I believe that may be the case yes. I have gotten the orange flashing light when I am in other games and apps, and inbetween races in Mario Kart - so even if it is disconnecting, you should get made aware that there are friends online at some point.

Chopper

I believe that may be the case yes. I have gotten the orange flashing light when I am in other games and apps, and inbetween races in Mario Kart - so even if it is disconnecting, you should get made aware that there are friends online at some point.

Hmmm. That seems like something that needs to be fixed in the firmware update, if getting people connected is a priority for them moving forward.

Code:
MasterShotgun			4167-4508-3223
Anasui Kishibe			0860-3265-3250
gerudoman			2750-1278-9624
Doctor West			3179-6187-9498
Kaijima				5327-0938-7455
King_Moc			1590-4670-0964
hatchx				4124-4998-1885
Keyouta				4425-1491-4842
AkimbO_Arcana			3394-3575-4066
Mistle				1547-5212-4670
Ydahs				4940-5532-2417
Chopper				3136-6553-7968
Mat C				1848-2006-2664
storafötter			2062-9139-2362
BGBW				1934-0650-4686
Sh0k				0259-0473-3378
JacksUsername			1805-2171-5625
Synless				2105-8656-8489
Jinfash				4725-7997-9310
Keyouta				4425-1491-4842
Annoying Old Party Man		3050-7627-0124
Kerub				3909-7646-1006
MatthewB92			4167-4579-4554
Anabuhabkuss			2020-0001-0226
Ysiadmihi			4167-4495-4559
radioheadrule83			2234-7196-8925

added everyone in this list, please add me back

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
god damnit gang banged on waluigi pinball by a shell a banana and that fucking giant ball 2 TIMES on the very end.

good times though. second!

Oooowww. Haha, I got rocked in my first GAF match. Geez. I definitely need to go with a faster kart next time, and, you know, race better. I'm Nathan, by the way. I guess I should switch my name on the 3DS to something more identifiable.

Woo, just played my first GAF match, and actually won (username: Andy). Do the Communities matches count towards your Worldwide rank/VR? I didn't see the usually ranking screen after the match.

So that Shyguy Bazaar race...that ending was all kinds of clusterfuck goodness, I have no idea what happened but it was a glorious mess. if only I manged to sneak a higher place at the end I could have snaffled first on the whole but i'll take second.
Whoever wanted Piranha Plant Pipeway you can thank me for lending you the helping hand in the level selection since they'd been ignoring the option like 8 times

That first Shyguy Bazaar was a class race and absolutely not at all to do with the fact that I had DK's fat ass in first from start to finish, I was keeping a watchful eye on that Lakitu behind me...
On a similar note I think there were two races were one of the Koopa users shot off into first and were never seen again. Amazing how races can change like that when all the mid place racers murder each other and the great gap is created.

Snatched victory from Farscape in our measly two-man GP. I got a gold shroom at the end, and I'm guessing you hit a banana or something, otherwise I don't think I could've passed you. I've got some stuff to do, but I'll be back later.

Snatched victory from Farscape in our measly two-man GP. I got a gold shroom at the end, and I'm guessing you hit a banana or something, otherwise I don't think I could've passed you. I've got some stuff to do, but I'll be back later.

Yeah, i hit a banana just before the finish line.

Loving this game so far. I'm a huge fan of the Mario Kart series and this seems to combine everything I've loved from past iterations into one glorious package. The only thing I don't like so far is the award ceremony after you finish a cup... it's boring and dull.

That being said, if that is my biggest complaint in the game then it was a damn good purchase

Had my first 7 player race which that was crazy fun! I also came last most of the time. Funny enough I didn't get any error and the lag was minimal. It is truly unique to see everyone throwing weapons at each other.

Top Bottom