• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My wife just got a three Star ranking on one of the 150cc cups without having a full 10 coins in each race (but she won all four races). Maybe the 10 coins is just a theory?

Ok, it took a while but I just added everybody on the list and everybody who has posted their code so far. I'm on the list if you want to add me.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My wife just got a three Star ranking on one of the 150cc cups without having a full 10 coins in each race (but she won all four races). Maybe the 10 coins is just a theory?

In MK:DS you got three stars for winning all of the races and getting under a certain overall time. Maybe it's the same deal here?

someone also suggested in the past that the game keeps tally of how long you're able to stay in 1st and it determines your ranking through that, though I think it only has to deal with what place you're in and how fast you're able to finish a course.

Interesting. Either way would make more sense than ten coins, that seems too random. You could have a near perfect race and hit a banana skin just before the finish and miss out.

sorry for the interruption, stupid question that i can't check right now with my copy back home and can't find the answer to anywhere on the web

does MK7's online support multiplayer races + AI opponents? say if i wanted to race against 1 friend but still have 6 cpu karts. is such a thing even possible?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

I think it's based on how much tim eyou spend in 1st place on all of the tracks. Try to stay in 1st place as much as possible.

It may be slightly basedoff coinage too. All I know is I've won all 4 races and gotten 1 star, and i've also gotten 3 stars while winning 3 races and finishing 2nd in the 4th. In the GP I got 1 star in I was gettnig hammered by items all the time so I didn't have a lot of coins and I didn't spend a ton of time in 1st plcae on the track

EloquentM

aka Mannny
sorry for the interruption, stupid question that i can't check right now with my copy back home and can't find the answer to anywhere on the web

does MK7's online support multiplayer races + AI opponents? say if i wanted to race against 1 friend but still have 6 cpu karts. is such a thing even possible?

I heard it was possible in local multi though I think online is an entirely different beast.

Kazerei

Banned
Hmm. I thought the only criterion for three stars is getting 40 points total. Nothing to do with coins or time or anything.

No. It's easy to join your friend in a match against random humans though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Guys, stop voting for the same map over and over if your map wins. Nothing will stop me from playing in a community like people voting for the same map that has already won twice in a row.

It's proper etiquette to stop voting for the same map if you win a vote. Vote for something new.

Ah ok, didn't know you could get three stars with less than 40 points. Maybe thats a 50cc thing? Never lost a race on 50 so I wouldn't know :p But the point is that getting 3 stars on 150cc has stricter requirements than 50 and 100, just winning all the races isn't enough.

Javier

See guys? This is what happens when you pick random all the time. Eventually you get the same track in a row!

But those were some fun races, even if we double-dipped Daisy Hills.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm going to add everyone from the list tomrrow, when i'm back online, so eel free to add me off of it anyone.

Does anyone know how the Spotpassing work? I've only had one group of tracks download ghosts, and that was on Saturday.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've come up with a new mode out of boredom. I call it Wiggler's Pacifist Run.

The aim is to win gold in 100cc without drifting, using items or doing tricks. Speed strips are allowed. It's amazing how easily you can get to the front of the pack by driving in the most casual manner possible.

See guys? This is what happens when you pick random all the time. Eventually you get the same track in a row!

But those were some fun races, even if we double-dipped Daisy Hills.

That would be my fault, After we finally raced on that once I was hammering A without looking and chose it again.

Guys, stop voting for the same map over and over if your map wins. Nothing will stop me from playing in a community like people voting for the same map that has already won twice in a row.

It's proper etiquette to stop voting for the same map if you win a vote. Vote for something new.

I'm supporting this post, I haven't had this happen to me recently but it gets old fast when it does. I tend to just vote random and occasionally throw in a vote towards a track others have been voting for with no success, random tends to backfire and throw me into GBA Bowser's Castle...

I'm really finding that the heavy wheels are kind of useless, I traded in the red monster wheels to wooden wheels to match my DK Barrel Train setup and it just works so much better, once again weight seems to be a non factor online which is a shame. That and i'd like huge wheels that aren't of the monster variety, has anyone picked up any other variety of big wheels?

Small question about local play. Is it possible for you and an another to play the Grand Prix together through Local Play. When yes, If my friend for example gets in the first place in a 150cc cup. Will i unlock a character then? Even when i get i second place or lower?

Carlisle

0259-0299-7410

If you posted your friend code before this post, I've added you. If you add me after this post, shoot me a PM and I'll add you back.

I LOVE the community feature, this is so awesome.

Small question about local play. Is it possible for you and an another to play the Grand Prix together through Local Play. When yes, If my friend for example gets in the first place in a 150cc cup. Will i unlock a character then? Even when i get i second place or lower?

Absolutely correct, I made use of this with two of my friends.

Absolutely correct, I made use of this with two of my friends.

Oow nice. Even if they allready unlocked the characters?

Top Bottom