• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Teknoman

This is the best Rainbow Road track EVER. Even if you fall off the track, you're still in the race, literally. Also the track takes cues from Rainbow Road Kart 64's theme...which I was just thinking about why they havent revisited that track or remade that version of RR yet.

Red Shells has been upgraded in this game lol. I was chased by a red shell and got hit by a Thwomp, the red shell past me and and did a full reverse to get at me.

Y'know I wonder how effective it is to max out your off-road stat. Would it be possible to make all the little off-road shortcuts viable without needing mushrooms? Stuff like the flight path off to the right in the Dino Dino Jungle cave.

Then when racing you just always try to pick tracks that have the best off-road shortcuts.

Heck I wonder if you could make it worthwhile to straight up go off-roading to cut off big corners.

Maxrunner

Red Shells has been upgraded in this game lol. I was chased by a red shell and got hit by a Thwomp, the red shell past me and and did a full reverse to get at me.

Really? But they dont have the curve nature like in the snes where as soon you fire it already has the more close target...here it seems that first the shell goes straight for a while and then the homing feature is activated after this...

i actually feel it's way easier than mkds.

I thought Mario Kart DS had the easiest cpu opponents in the series, it was as if the ability for them to rubber band was denied by the improved map and it left them helpless outside of blue shells.
The CPU in this game are far more likely to snipe you with shells/ fire flowers, they will take shortcuts if they have a mushroom. One thing I notice is that they tend to hold onto items for a bit before using them, mainly noticed when I spot the blue shell in the possession of one of them and I end up spend a good 10 seconds anticipating it to be thrown.

MK DS red shells were more crafty than this games variety though, they'd aim for the side of your kart meaning that even having an item defence wasn't that safe.

Teknoman

C'mon people Balloon battle!

180px-BattleSMK.jpg

Gravijah

I thought Mario Kart DS had the easiest cpu opponents in the series, it was as if the ability for them to rubber band was denied by the improved map and it left them helpless outside of blue shells.
The CPU in this game are far more likely to snipe you with shells/ fire flowers, they will take shortcuts if they have a mushroom. One thing I notice is that they tend to hold onto items for a bit before using them, mainly noticed when I spot the blue shell in the possession of one of them and I end up spend a good 10 seconds anticipating it to be thrown.

MK DS red shells were more crafty than this games variety though, they'd aim for the side of your kart meaning that even having an item defence wasn't that safe.

i dunno, i was just playing mkds a few days ago and i sucked ass while with this i'm having little issue with the cpu. maybe i'm just horrible at mkds.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
guys there's 6 of us do we really need to wait for more players

It's really great to have a full group, because with 6 players you're probably going to have at least a couple of drops.. maybe even half the players. And I hate 1v1 finishes. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Good battle game, guys. I wish we could get a full house of battle going, it's so much more exciting and so much chaos.

The balloon battle lobby is open is people want to get into a match.

Good battle game, guys. I wish we could get a full house of battle going, it's so much more exciting and so much chaos.

It was my first time playing battle and it was a huge improvement over the Wii version, can't wait to play some 8 player battle.

Mistle

Who ever is playing Peach was just glitching up and swerving all over the road haha. fell off the edge like 3 times in 5 seconds

Man, I don't know if it's my router or if people are just disconnecting and causing the game to end but his has been happening to me nonstop. I never had trouble playing Mario Kart online on my DS or have had trouble with any of my other consoles online. It sucks especially since I was just having a good match. I even wrecked 2 people waiting at a train crossing and the train itself with a star.

Teknoman

Crumpet, you guys playing on the regular GAF battle community? Why doesnt the system match everyone in the same community until that specific room is full?

Crumpet, you guys playing on the regular GAF battle community? Why doesnt the system match everyone in the same community until that specific room is full?
Yep, this room
NeoGAF Balloon Battles

I have no why the communities separate players though :(

I was just disconnected for the 1st time :/
and from a gafroom with players I really wanted to play against. :(
LOL are you xtina stan? I was wondering who it could be

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FUUUCK!! My 3DS had the blinking red lights for the last 2 races... I thought it'd make it...

Crap =(! XD! GGs guys haha

Chopper

Hooray. Unlocked the golden wheels and got one star on my profile. Still got some work to do. My mind is blown at the fact you can still get a star and come second in the Grand Prix.

Top Bottom