• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Kazerei

Banned
Are there videos yet of people beating the staff ghosts (the really good ones)? 'Cause damn, I have no idea how to keep up :(

watershed

Banned
Okay noob question here: How do I get the boost at the start of a race? I've only gotten it once. It used to be easy but I haven't played MK since DD and I really have no idea what to do. Help!

Kazerei

Banned
Okay noob question here: How do I get the boost at the start of a race? I've only gotten it once. It used to be easy but I haven't played MK since DD and I really have no idea what to do. Help!

You know how the numbers spin around? I just start holding down Y when the 2 becomes straight.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You know how the numbers spin around? I just start holding down Y when the 2 becomes straight.

Or A..

Really, the start boost is pretty easy to hit in this game. Lots of leeway with the time.

Are there videos yet of people beating the staff ghosts (the really good ones)? 'Cause damn, I have no idea how to keep up :(

Better carts, probably with high end speed and low acceleration.

Len1978

i'm having a hard time unlocking new stuff on the 150cc and tips on kart set ups. What's more importing speed, and how about weight what does that affect?

Len1978

i'm having a hard time unlocking new stuff on the 150cc and tips on kart set ups. What's more importing speed, and how about weight what does that affect?

anyone want to give me some tips on putting together a good kart for 150cc single player races..anyone..please ;-)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There was one stage where I was first for almost the whole damn thing then I got whacked off and finished last just before the end :(

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey, I'm in 6th place on the overall leader board.
XlMWi.gif

Soon enough...

NeoGAF 150cc All Items

NeoGAF 150cc BOB-OMBS ONLY!

AusGaf Community

NeoGAF Balloon Battles

CODES HIDDEN IN EMAIL TAGS
TO VIEW CODES, QUOTE THIS POST

So...I need to quote this post to view the code? Huh?

FC: Main Event: 0130-1810-9280

Punisher

Neo Member
BTW about the start boost, it's variable I think. There is a window where you will get a boost, but the boost will be bigger if you time it just right (early in the window probably).

Found this out after startboosting against the same ghost.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Judging by the crazy racers and karts I just went up against, I think I need to beat the game through 150cc before I even try playing online again :(

watershed

Banned
Racing ghost data is kind of addicting. I really like that you can't interfere with the ghosts and they can't mess with you. No items also makes it a pure test of driving skill. Very fun to shave seconds off your completion time.

Its really hard to not want to pick up my 3DS for another race or two. Its like its beckoning me for some more. This games way too addictive and so much fun!

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Racing ghost data is kind of addicting. I really like that you can't interfere with the ghosts and they can't mess with you. No items also makes it a pure test of driving skill. Very fun to shave seconds off your completion time.

Any way to manually download ghost data? I know there is the spot pass addition, but I want more after I defeated them.

watershed

Banned
Any way to manually download ghost data? I know there is the spot pass addition, but I want more after I defeated them.

Not that I know of, not yet at least. Nintendo said we'd be able to download 20 new ghost data daily but so far I've only had a handful.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I'm confused -- I've completed the entire 150cc with first place and at least 1 star in all cups of it, but I've yet to unlock Mii.

Gravijah

I'm confused -- I've completed the entire 150cc with first place and at least 1 star in all cups of it, but I've yet to unlock Mii.

same, my theory is that you can only unlock one character at a time. need to complete another 150cc to see but i'm currently slogging through 50cc.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
same, my theory is that you can only unlock one character at a time. need to complete another 150cc to see but i'm currently slogging through 50cc.
I went back and 2-starred another 150cc cup -- still no Mii. I was assuming the same thing you were, but there must be some other trigger...

Top Bottom