• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Just got the game!

I'll get around to adding everyone's FC sometime this week, but mine is 1332-7703-1235.

Just send me a PM if you've added me to let me know.

Len1978

Hooray. Unlocked the golden wheels and got one star on my profile. Still got some work to do. My mind is blown at the fact you can still get a star and come second in the Grand Prix.

I saw that on your profile, I didn't know what it was for, but now i know! congrats!!

watershed

Banned
Where is the community for Gaf battle you guys are talking about? Is it the one from yesterday or a new one? The problem seems to be too few people on at any one time.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
FUUUUUU I hate 3rd lap blue shells. I was dominating on Mario Circuit 2, got blown up, and came in last. Nintendo really should have gone Brawl style with the item selection.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Fuck you assholes who enter a race, are told that we are waiting for more players, start the race anyway, and then quit when you lose.

Seriously, you suck.
I wonder if it just auto-starts the race? I didn't see a 'let's start the game!' message before the countdown just then. I came in first then everyone left :'(

Fuck that blue shell on lap 3 of Maple Treeway just now.
I was leading the whole race until that appeared.

But see, somebody else just really appreciated that shell just now.

All in all most people should be happy about blue shells, since statistically you've got a 7/8 chance of benefiting from them overall. You probably benefit from them a lot already and just don't notice.

I wonder if it just auto-starts the race? I didn't see a 'let's start the game!' message before the countdown just then. I came in first then everyone left :'(
Yeah I've seen this happen sometimes. It's especially awkward when it's just two people in the room and it happens

Sinthetic

That's Awesome!!

That's the thing with MK that keeps us coming back: One minute you are 1st, then you get bombarded in the last few corners and come last... Then the next, you are handing it to players who have clearly spent dozens of hours online. Peaks and troughs my friends!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
That's it, I need a new kart configuration. This low acceleration is killing me. High top speed is great, but I'm getting hit too often and not building up to that high speed fast enough.

EDIT: Oh god DK Pass.

dwu8991

Banned
That's the thing with MK that keeps us coming back: One minute you are 1st, then you get bombarded in the last few corners and come last... Then the next, you are handing it to players who have clearly spent dozens of hours online. Peaks and troughs my friends!

I hate how you're in last place and you get all the good power ups and still manage to finish last!

You guys were right. This game is glorious. Holy crap at the levels with sections instead of laps. This seriously feels like the ultimate Mario Kart game. Wow!

You guys were right. This game is glorious. Holy crap at the levels with sections instead of laps. This seriously feels like the ultimate Mario Kart game. Wow!

Technically not the ultimate, since it doesn't have the awesome single player challenges from DS, nor the billion characters from previous ones.

But it is still the best.

I hate how you're in last place and you get all the good power ups and still manage to finish last!

was that directed at me? WAS THAT DIRECTED..

even if it wasn't, it was because its DAMN TRUE :(

man, I'm loving everything about this game. Graphics, music, new tracks...it's the ultimate Kart

Bullza2o

The way you guys talk about your online races and stuff makes me very jealous of you all. Unfortunately I have finals this week, but Thursday I will go home and my copy will be there waiting for me!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Community matches must definitely auto-start after a while. There were only three of us and it started. I don't believe any of us would have started it without waiting for at least one more person.

OMG Aero

Turns out if you take a Blue Shell with you into first place then try to use it to shield yourself you will instead blow yourself up.
That's a thing I just learned.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Lets say there are 2 separate groups in a community, both waiting for GP to start. Has there been an instance where they could merge if both groups had 8 or less people together?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
OH GODDAMMIT.

I got the luckiest blue shell ever and had a clear victory. Then I hit a pipe, lose speed, and lose the race.

Good match Aero.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

Right at the fucking finish line on Rainbow Road. Was about to finish first then some guy nudges me off the track at the last possible second.

I finish in 7th! I'm done for the night.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Aw shit. Whoever I was racing (Matt), I sincerely apologize for disconnecting at the last moment. I was raging pretty hard and did not think clearly. I don't even know if it showed up on your end, and I hope it didn't affect your points.

I gonna take a break for now to chill out.

Top Bottom