• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

dock

Of course, everyone knows that the secret to Mario Kart is that you actually want to be second place until the finish line, but no-one can resist pulling into first. Silly human nature! :)

I've been enjoying the game a lot so far. For me it feels more like Mario Kart DS than any other, but I didn't play a lot of Mario Kart Wii (I wasn't fond).

It's a shame there aren't more discreet options with which items are allowed in multiplayer or community games.

kitch9

Banned
I'm sorry but I have to laugh at your story. Things like this is what makes Mario Kart so much fun.

Every now a then I haven't got a problem with, but every time I managed to get the lead last night on the last lap I get bummed to death and end up coming below 5th, and mostly due to that damn blue shell......

My last MK was the SNES and when I was a kid I spent hours with my mates on it rolling some intense races and never once felt cheated as if you scraped the lead you would try hang on to your inevitable banana that you would get and try to deflect the numerous red shells that would come your way.

There's fuck all you can do about the blue one as the game will not give you a shroom to counter it when you are in front.

Koodo

Banned
Does this game have one race at a time online play like in MK Wii, or is it a set of four tracks like in the DS version?

Ew if the latter.

dock

Despite losing pretty regularly, I've been having fun playing with the NeoGAF community! :)

Hopefully we can schedule some times in for battle mode. I've waited there before, but no-one ever comes.

Does the 'groups playing' refer to the number of sessions currently in play in this community?

Koodo

Banned
You best be ready.

2LuRJ.gif

Javier

The things you unlock with coins are completely random, right? I have unlocked like 8 karts, 4 sets of wheels, and only one glider (the flower).

watershed

Banned
The preset messages make a lot of sense, I didn't realize till now that each message is translated/displayed in a different language depending on where the player is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The preset messages make a lot of sense, I didn't realize till now that each message is translated/displayed in a different language depending on where the player is.

Hello!
Welcome!
OK!
I'm excited!
OK!
I'll be using the gyro!
OK!
Let's wait for more players!
OK!
Let's start the race!
OK!
OK!
OK!

midonnay

Hello!
Welcome!
OK!
I'm excited!
OK!
I'll be using the gyro!
OK!
Let's wait for more players!
OK!
Let's start the race!
OK!
OK!
OK!

so awkward when you're alone with another person

*stares at cheesemeister*

edit: damn communication error

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They have a lot of leaving phrase, but not enough arriving:

Hello!
Welcome!
This will be my first round!
I'm feeling nervous.
OK!
I'm excited!
I'll be using the gyro!
Let's make this quick!
OK!
OK!
OK!
OK!
OK!
That last round really hurt!
You get used to it!
I'll be on top next time!
OK!

Izayoi

Banned
They have a lot of leaving phrase, but not enough arriving:

Hello!
Welcome!
This will be my first round!
I'm feeling nervous.
OK!
I'm excited!
I'll be using the gyro!
Let's make this quick!
OK!
OK!
OK!
OK!
OK!
That last round really hurt!
You get used to it!
I'll be on top next time!
OK!
:lol :lol

Punisher

Neo Member
Oi Cheesemeister, don't quit on me after starting the match yourself :p

I decided to just do some 150cc grand prix, was on my dinner break.

dani_dc

This game is eating too much of my time, yesterday I spent over 3 hours playing it when I was supposed to be sleeping, when I start competing online I just don't know when to stop.

Yeah, I haven't been using certain sentence much because I'm not entirely sure how they were translated from the original work.

There's a glitch on Maka Wuhu that allows you to skip half the course.

Now I know why people would randomly stop and jump off ...

Seem that happening online, though I wasn't sure of the exact details until now. I assume there's no reason to think Nintendo prepared the game to patch this sort of issues.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
...And finally I know why a certain Juan yesterday wa so quick in online races :lol

There's a glitch on Maka Wuhu that allows you to skip half the course.

Now I know why people would randomly stop and jump off ...

I'm going to flip my wifi switch off if I see anyone doing this... or whenever this track is picked, I'm going to arm myself with a weapon and stay by the drop just waiting to make them screw it up, I don't care if I come last, as long as they don't come first.

Had some fun races last night and I think you're the guy who was winning most of them. It's just Akimbo on the 3DS, right? You're the best racer I've played in the GAF community so far!

Thanks, yeah I kinda had a run last night ;)
But I have seen much better driver than me in the community.
What was your name on 3DS? Have we added each other?

Alright, I'm just going to chill in the GAF community lobby for a bit if anyone wants to race. Can't promise my connection will hold up. It seems to do much better with worldwide races than in communities.

Thanks, yeah I kinda had a run last night ;)
But I have seen much better driver than me in the community.
What was your name on 3DS? Have we added each other?
My name is just Isaac. I only raced in two GP's last night, and you dropped out of the second one (which is the only reason I won it). :p

I don't have my friend code on me but I'll add it to the thread when I'm around my 3DS again.

My name is just Isaac. I only raced in two GP's last night, and you dropped out of the second one (which is the only reason I won it). :p

I don't have my friend code on me but I'll add it to the thread when I'm around my 3DS again.

cool. I had a communication error (my first) after winning the first race (it was Koopa City) of a Grand Prix. Man, I cursed so hard :D

Top Bottom