• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

The SNES and GBA tracks are an absolute blast in this game. I would seriously pay $20 (and probably more, against my better judgment) for a track pack with all of the tracks from either or both versions.

Bumhead

Banned
Added a bunch of people from the earlier list. If anyone adds me, drop me a PM on here. Its getting confusing with who is adding who at times! (or maybe its just me losing track!)

4 hours to go of work then I can.play this some more..

The SNES and GBA tracks are an absolute blast in this game. I would seriously pay $20 (and probably more, against my better judgment) for a track pack with all of the tracks from either or both versions.

So glad I'm not the only one. There's something about the lack of height differentials in tracks that makes them so... pure. It's just so fun to race.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
awww that mountain loop wuhu is my favourite. sucks it's broken.

Also, my girlfriend plays this quite a bit, I forget to change her mii for mine when I go online sometimes.

It was fun beating a bunch of you last night WHILE DRESSED AS A WOMAN

awww that mountain loop wuhu is my favourite. sucks it's broken.

Also, my girlfriend plays this quite a bit, I forget to change her mii for mine when I go online sometimes.

It was fun beating a bunch of you last night WHILE DRESSED AS A WOMAN

The emasculation is almost too much to handle! what have you done to these once manly men?!

Well, I got to do one race with you guys... ;_;

I literally just ordered a new router for this. My current one has been bugging me for way too long.

So glad I'm not the only one. There's something about the lack of height differentials in tracks that makes them so... pure. It's just so fun to race.
Yeah man, it is glorious. I think the modern mechanics work extremely well on those old-school tracks, especially drifting. I don't think I could ever get tired of those nice long drifts on Bowser Castle GBA.

I'm not a fan of Rosalina's course and Bowser Neo City.
I'm with you on Rosalina's track but I love Neo Bowser City. There is some great drifting potential on that track.

Well, I got to do one race with you guys... ;_;

I literally just ordered a new router for this. My current one has been bugging me for way too long.
I was having tons of issues playing this game online (as in, couldn't ever connect to anyone) until I added my 3DS' IP address to my router's settings. I haven't had any problems since.

Hi all,

Played a few games last night, good fun!

Here is my friend code, do add me!

EvanMKR: 0130-1991-6293.

I'll add evyryone on the friend list.

I was having tons of issues playing this game online (as in, couldn't ever connect to anyone) until I added my 3DS' IP address to my router's settings. I haven't had any problems since.

I added the 3DS' IP address to my router's DMZ, and I can play worldwide races without too many issues, but community is still very hit-or-miss with me. I've been able to finish a few GPs in the community just fine, but other times it just doesn't like me.

I had similar problems connecting my XBox, PS3, and Wii, and my router has known issues, so hopefully the new one will let me have a good experience.

I added the 3DS' IP address to my router's DMZ, and I can play worldwide races without too many issues, but community is still very hit-or-miss with me. I've been able to finish a few GPs in the community just fine, but other times it just doesn't like me.

I had similar problems connecting my XBox, PS3, and Wii, and my router has known issues, so hopefully the new one will let me have a good experience.
Ah, well it looks like you made a good choice then. I definitely learned my lesson with this cheap piece of crap Belkin router. Never again.

In fairness, I got incredibly lucky. Those blue shells...

Edit: also, if anyone cares, I'm always in http://tinychat.com/tinygaffers doing chat when I'm playing Mario Kart; Bacon and me are in there right now and it usually gets more active at night. If you want to trash talk me, I'll be there.

I think I've been in tinychat with GAF on the OT, how does this work for gaming?
IIRC, only a certain amount of people could broadcast at one time - does this room fill up with normal gaffers or is it being used specifically for Mario Kart?

There are mumble (beta) and teamspeak clients for Android, but they don't sound perfect, if they get that stuff working properly - that would be badass for stuff like this.

I'm going on a long-ish flight tomorrow and I've got some money spare to get a game for the 3DS ... but I don't know whether to get this or get Super Mario 3DS Land :\ I'll get both eventually since it's Christmas eventually

What would you guys recommend?

Sinthetic

Can't believe I've played for 20 hours and haven't touched a single Battle Mode game yet.

Get MK7 Hamish, it has serious legs if you plan to play online at all.

I'm going on a long-ish flight tomorrow and I've got some money spare to get a game for the 3DS ... but I don't know whether to get this or get Super Mario 3DS Land :\ I'll get both eventually since it's Christmas eventually

That is really tough, both games are fantastic. Honestly I think it has to come down to your personal tastes and how much value you get from the Mario Kart formula. Is it a game that you can see yourself playing for a long time online or is it something that you burn through quickly and get tired of?

Honestly I think Super Mario 3D Land is the better game (it's my favorite Mario game ever) but I imagine I will spend more time with Mario Kart 7.

Either way you can't lose.

beje

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUCK I was doing so well on Rainbow Road (probably only track I'm good at) then I screw up at the last turn...

I think I've been in tinychat with GAF on the OT, how does this work for gaming?
IIRC, only a certain amount of people could broadcast at one time - does this room fill up with normal gaffers or is it being used specifically for Mario Kart?

There are mumble (beta) and teamspeak clients for Android, but they don't sound perfect, if they get that stuff working properly - that would be badass for stuff like this.

It's the same general-purpose GAF Tinychat room, but a lot of us (about 10 of the regulars) have Mario Kart 7, so there is usually someone in there who's playing. The broadcast limit is something like 12 and we rarely get that many on cam/mic, so it hasn't ever been an issue.

Edit:
beje said:
FUUUUUUUUUUCK I was doing so well on Rainbow Road (probably only track I'm good at) then I screw up at the last turn...
I'm so bad at that course. :(

There's a lot of activity in this game at the moment, but SM3DL is the better single player experience. SM3DL was a bit disappointing to me at first - but that's because I thought it was easier and shorter than it actually was. You think you've done everything there is to do in the game and then it gives you more and has as many shades of genius as the Galaxy games in some areas. Mario Kart on the other hand is all about the online really. Unlocking everything in single player borders on tedium, its better to just unlock characters in 150cc and then do all the coin-based unlocking as you go... once its done though it's great, the online and the communities (particularly the NeoGAF community) are brilliant.

My friends list has went from 6 people to over 57 just because of this thread and this game, I'm suddenly getting the orange flashing light quite regularly to let me know when people are online... its going to have legs and be a very healthy community game imo. Hope that helps your decision. If its at all possible, trade an old unplayed game in or something and get both.

There's a lot of activity in this game at the moment, but SM3DL is the better single player experience. SM3DL was a bit disappointing to me at first - but that's because I thought it was easier and shorter than it actually was. You think you've done everything there is to do in the game and then it gives you more and has as many shades of genius as the Galaxy games in some areas. Mario Kart on the other hand is all about the online really. Unlocking everything in single player borders on tedium, its better to just unlock characters in 150cc and then do all the coin-based unlocking as you go... once its done though it's great, the online and the communities (particularly the NeoGAF community) are brilliant.

My friends list has went from 6 people to over 57 just because of this thread and this game, I'm suddenly getting the orange flashing light quite regularly to let me know when people are online... its going to have legs and be a very healthy community game imo. Hope that helps your decision. If its at all possible, trade an old unplayed game in or something and get both.

Yeah I was reading about the online mode for Mario Kart, it sounds really good. Given what you've said and what The_Darkest_Red said above I think I'll go for Super Mario Land because the single player should keep me busy when I'm away for a few days. Can pick up Kart at Christmas since a few mates are getting it around then (and I should be finished with Skyrim).

People keep spamming Maka Wuhu online and doing the glitch.

If Nintendo doesn't patch it - or worse, if they're unable to patch it - worldwide online just won't be enjoyable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is rainbow road the Super Nes version?
Yes, but now with crazy shaky ground technology!

It's the same general-purpose GAF Tinychat room, but a lot of us (about 10 of the regulars) have Mario Kart 7, so there is usually someone in there who's playing. The broadcast limit is something like 12 and we rarely get that many on cam/mic, so it hasn't ever been an issue.
I went on there at the beginning and then kind of forgot about it. Maybe I'll give it a whirl over the weekend.

The Paper Mario cameo in the background of that stage always pleases me, I forgot how easily the jump bars could essentially break the tracks apart in Super Circuit, shame i'm pretty crap at that game, can't get to grips with the turning.
I would just decelerate around corners. Somehow I still managed to complete the game with that strategy.

Is rainbow road the Super Nes version?

There are two Rainbow Roads; one is a new one and one is the SNES one. The SNES one isn't exactly like the original, though. The Thwomps make the track ripple, and the jumps don't work exactly like the original ones. Still an ace track, though. Narrow and competitive.

OMG Aero

If Nintendo doesn't patch it - or worse, if they're unable to patch it - worldwide online just won't be enjoyable.

Community is the real online mode now anyway, and I like to think that we have enough of an honour system here to play that track without anyone glitching.

Having a lot of fun with the game, but I can't play it for longer than 20 minutes without getting some severe hand cramps. I think I need the Circle Pad badly. :(

SmokyDave

Why does it not surprise me that people have found a glitch and now are spamming it?

Fuck me, so many gamers are lame.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. Even if the game hasn't got the hooks built in, a future OS update could hot-patch the binary at runtime (similar to the way Ocarina codes work on Wii homebrew), making the version number appear different and maybe redirecting any calls for the level data to the SD card... whatever necessary to block the exploit. Nintendo's community and match-up service could then just ignore calls from previous versions of the software so people with old versions are forced to update.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ah, guys, I was forgetting.
Add me to the list

Mpl90: 5284 - 1397 - 8364

Marco is my nick on the friend list.

There should be a separate community thread for this game. I keep checking in to find impressions but it's full of comments about specific online games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The glitch is irritating but the communities are helpful in avoiding it.

The only way Nintendo is going to start working on this glitch-fix is if people start flooding them with emails, so start doing it.

Top Bottom