• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

jlevel13

the general chaos has been toned down from MKWii.

I strongly prefer this to MKWii for a lot of reasons, but physics is the big one.

Less players makes a big difference I think, it can still get pretty crazy though. For me, what makes it better than the Wii game is the controls. I just feel more connected when I'm playing - it's a little hard to explain. All karts just feel better than dealing with motorcycles and the extra, tacked on, motion stuff. And the circle pad feels better than the nunchuck joystick. The flying sections are also a nice change of pace. The underwater sections aren't so nice though.

Overall, it's back to a slightly more pure racing feeling.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Are some of you playing this game in 2D? It looks so flat in 2D :-/ The only thing that could make me turn off the awesome 3D is the 1st persion view, but so far I haven't bothered with this mode.

blackflag

Are some of you playing this game in 2D? It looks so flat in 2D :-/ The only thing that could make me turn off the awesome 3D is the 1st persion view, but so far I haven't bothered with this mode.

I usually play it in 2d. Sometimes I move the 3ds too much when it is in 3d and it messes me up. Only game I really actually like playing in 3d is 3d land.

Berordn

I've had it on 2D for a while just to save battery, but it does lose something. The 3DS's 3D is always too subtle for me to constantly see it, but it does make it feel a little more vibrant.

The first night I played for 8 hours straight with 3D to the max. Didn't had any issues while playing, it felt just naturally. But on the next day my head felt like totally wasted :p
I kept it down for one day but than I treated my eyeballs again with this pure 3D-crack!

jlevel13

Usually in 2D because I have a hard time holding the 3DS still enough in important moments and when I lose the 3D effect and then have to try to adjust it back it ruins the race & gives me a headache. But my eyes are somewhat messed up and really don't get along too well with 3D in general. It looks good in 3D to me, but when actually playing it bugs me more than what it adds to the look...

Sinthetic

Yeah, it's a problem. You're waiting for players to fill up a lobby and the game auto-starts with just 2 or 3 racers and your stuck with them for the next 10-15 minutes. The option to just set up single races would be much better, especially since people don't seem to get dumped into a GP once it has started. It kind of makes the communities feel useless compared to just jumping into worldwide. Odds seem to favor either too much time wasted waiting for a lobby to fill up or stuck in a tiny race for too long if somebody starts the race to early or it auto-starts.The communities feature is a great idea, but just not that well implemented. Simply adding in the ability to text chat while waiting for a lobby to fill up would have helped ease the pain a lot.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Any time I want a session online, I go Worldwide.

Murrah

Banned
Ugh, finally (tied) for first in GAF GP. You guys are too much for me

Glad to see both of us were Shy Guys. Represent

I just did that and managed to get through a race until I got disconnected at the end of the second. I don't know what my issue is here. Sucks.
Well if you're able to connect and finish races then it must be a different problem. Are you far away from your router? Is your internet connection generally pretty stable, or does it cut out from time to time?

Couldn't have said it better myself. Any time I want a session online, I go Worldwide.
I guess it just depends on the time of day that you're playing because I haven't experienced any of these problems. I only play between 6-10 PM (EST) on weekdays and I have had at least 5 racers in all of the GAF GP's I've done. It's not unusual for there to be 6 or 7 even, and it always seems to find players rather quickly.

uh, so game autostarts? I don't think it happened yesterday, I was in Gaf lobby for a while along with three mates until we agreed to play

If the clock starts and no one has a start the game bubble above their head then it autostarted.

Edit: That GP had so much BS so I'm happy I tied first.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
blargh I don't think I've ever had more than a 4 player gaf match

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Weird, I feel the opposite.
3D is too subtle in this game for me. Looks nice, but playing in 2D is no problem either.

I'm I'm sitting comfortably, I'll put 3D on, else not.

«þ»

Is everyones online win/loss record relatively even? Mine is and I have a few hundred wins and losses stacked up.

I read that the game matches up evenly skilled opponents, so I think its working well in that regard.

1st. Matt 1203pts
2nd. Farscape 1200pts
ibmx3PqUImcgvS.jpg

So hows second?

DarkKyo

Mine is coming in the mail today and I CAN'T WAIT for it! Can't wait to join you guys' races!

So I just wanna know: is this simply a great Mario Kart or the greatest Mario Kart?

Shy Guy makes up for everything. Including the lack of Dry Bones and the inclusion of the abomination to god that is Metal Mario
Why all the hate for Metal Mario? He seems like a pretty cool guy to me.

I still don't have a "go-to" character after 12 hours of play-time. I went Luigi -> Shy Guy -> Mii -> Metal Mario -> Luigi. I just can't figure out who I like the most...

No problem! You have to sleep eventually...
Only someone in second place would believe something like that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I need to learn that shortcut on SNES Mario Circuit 2 after the glider jump. People get way too much ahead using that.

And I am unbeatable on SNES Rainbow Road.

COME AT ME, BROS!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
He's a waste of a character slot for a retextured Mario with a terrible voice filter. Waluigi time cut short is a terrible thing.

Actually while I don't hate Metal Mario, it also would have been a nice nod to use one of the new monsters from Mario 3D Land. You know they had enough lead time to be able to nab a 3D Land character from the other team...

so i bought mario kart 7 on sunday and i've been really enjoying the single player. what's the consensus for the online multiplayer? should i jump on and start burning that rubber??

so i bought mario kart 7 on sunday and i've been really enjoying the single player. what's the consensus for the online multiplayer? should i jump on and start burning that rubber??
Add the GAF community using the code in the OP in the post below (quote it and look at the bottom of the post) and have fun. The online is great.

The only thing that would make it better is more control in the communities.

Top Bottom