• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 7 |OT| Rosalina is Fat, BBW Lovers Unite!

Emitan

FC is 0903-2762-7040

Please PM me if you add me, and I'm not getting this game until the first week of January so keep that in mind!

BY2K

Membero Americo
And now you don't need to scroll back to the first space to continue adding people after you added one, there's a little icon in the right upper corner.

Nintendo is slowly getting this thing right!

Also, I only have 2 spots left, people!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I just noticed they added a small "Register Friend" button beside "Join Game". Now I don't to scroll to the front every time. That's makes things much easier.

Edit: beaten

watershed

Banned
And now you don't need to scroll back to the first space to continue adding people after you added one, there's a little icon in the right upper corner.

Nintendo is slowly getting this thing right!

Also, I only have 2 spots left, people!

A little OT but with the update it seems like the 3ds is brand new again, there's so much new stuff to explore its kinda exciting!

gwarm01

My Amazon pre-order arrived today, and inside the box.. A BICYCLER'S SKULL CAP?! WTF!

There wasn't even a packaging slip inside. I wonder if some schlub at the warehouse nicked my game. Hopefully the return process won't be painful.

watershed

Banned
My Amazon pre-order arrived today, and inside the box.. A BICYCLER'S SKULL CAP?! WTF!

There wasn't even a packaging slip inside. I wonder if some schlub at the warehouse nicked my game. Hopefully the return process won't be painful.

Wow, that sucks, sounds like you got robbed.

Emitan

Obviously the revision can read games from caps.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Why am I always getting an empty room when joining the GAF community?

Because communities fucking suck in Mario Kart. They're handled terribly, and are borderline useless unless you can get eight people to connect at the exact same time.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Picked up the game today and wow!, this is just what the Doctor ordered, even though I already owned Zelda it didn't really have that wow factor like Mario Kart 7 has given me, MK7 feels really looks like a next gen hand held game imo, it's like a having a handheld gamecube/wii, the graphics are so clean and smooth even in 3D, so glad I picked up a 3DS now.

Peterthumpa

Because communities fucking suck in Mario Kart. They're handled terribly, and are borderline useless unless you can get eight people to connect at the exact same time.

Wait, what? I don't get it. If the GAF community has an existing room, won't the 3DS just put me inside it?

Peterthumpa

Picked up the game today and wow!, this is just what the Doctor ordered, even though I already owned Zelda it didn't really have that wow factor like Mario Kart 7 has given me, MK7 feels really looks like a next hand held game imo, it's like a having a handheld gamecube/wii, the graphics are so clean and smooth even in 3D, so glad I picked up a 3DS now.

My exact feelings. Wasn't expecting too much but holy shit, does this game looks good.

On a side note, Nintendo should have put an "auto-accelerate" option. My finger gets tired and starts to hurt after 3 races, as the main X/Y/A/B buttons are so small.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? I don't get it. If the GAF community has an existing room, won't the 3DS just put me inside it?

If they are in a GP, you are not going to be in that group. Communities are great for larger groups, not when there's low volume.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
We tried getting a game going between 4 of us in a custom community yesterday - I was sitting in one 'room', the other guys in another (though I only knew this cos they told me), didn't merge us or anything. It's pretty poor - was it that hard to put in a room list? Still, once you get it going it's great.

Just added everybody new on the FC list. Thanks Nintendo for not having to scroll back to the beginning every time, really makes it easier.

Had some great games today, everybody seems to be getting better, lots of very close games.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I hope they fix the matchmaking in this. I get stuck on the "Searching for players" screen far too often. No problems with any of my other online games and never had a matchmaking problem with the 3DS before.

Peterthumpa

Another question... I'm progressing through single player very quickly, and I don't want my girlfriend to have all the tracks available when she starts to play it. Is there any way to have to accounts inside the game? Tried to switch Miis inside the MK channel but I guess that's only for online races.

Berordn

Another question... I'm progressing through single player very quickly, and I don't want my girlfriend to have all the tracks available when she starts to play it. Is there any way to have to accounts inside the game? Tried to switch Miis inside the MK channel but I guess that's only for online races.

Only one profile this time, since it's a handheld game. She'll have all the cups, characters and kart parts you already unlocked if she plays.

I cant believe i bought 3D land and now actually have regrets of not picking this up instead yesterday. All those dam orange friend online notifications are creating buyers remorse! Like i bought the wrong mario game! How could that ever happen?!?!?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I cant believe i bought 3D land and now actually have regrets of not picking this up instead yesterday. All those dam orange friend online notifications are creating buyers remorse! Like i bought the wrong mario game! How could that ever happen?!?!?

Mario 3D Land's great too, man. There's no wrong choice.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Why am I always getting an empty room when joining the GAF community?

Because the other rooms are full, or in the middle of a Grand Prix set. Just sit tight in the empty room and your room will be merged with one that begins to have spots open up, or new people will eventually join your room.

Punisher

Neo Member
Just started collecting pieces for a mario kart 7 panel, total of 40 pieces needed.

But playing around with the new mii plaza feels like a waste when u've got mario kart 7 in the cartridge slot :)

Just joined the 150cc too, alone in the room :(

6 player game starting :p

And lol, first race, lead from the start, blue shell right for the finish :X

Koodo

Banned
3D Land will ease the pain of buying a 3DS just for Mario Kart. Other than that, I pray a redesign doesn't drop within the next 6 months or I will be pissed (irrationally pissed, but pissed nonetheless).

3D Land will ease the pain of buying a 3DS just for Mario Kart. Other than that, I pray a redesign doesn't drop within the next 6 months or I will be pissed (irrationally pissed, but pissed nonetheless).
You gettin' it?

075ee6d1.gif
075ee6d1.gif
075ee6d1.gif
075ee6d1.gif

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I don't who this person is (has a female Mii with a Japanese name) in this community, but they are dominating the fuck out of us right now.

Stupid n00b question from someone who does not yet own the game:

Any control customization options available? That is, can you switch between different schemes at all? i.e., Switch between having "A" accelerate and "B" accelerate?

Berordn

Stupid n00b question from someone who does not yet own the game:

Any control customization options available? That is, can you switch between different schemes at all? i.e., Switch between having "A" accelerate and "B" accelerate?

Can't change the buttons, but you can switch to Gyro controls in first-person mode.

Can't change the buttons, but you can switch to Gyro controls in first-person mode.

Now that's a crying shame. I mean, I'm okay with gyro stuff, but holding the DS while holding "A" to accelerate for extended periods of time seriously hurts my hand, and I'm not hardcore enough about Mario Kart to go buy a special grip just to play one game. Would it have killed them to make different control options, well, an option?

Top Bottom